• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

【More Products OTW】BestEvMod(AOSK), We are an experienced aftermarket accessories developer. Any Great Ideas? We could make it happen!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlybyWire

First Name
Shanon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Platinum
kW - I'll do you one better. ..

A frunk sized plug-in cooler/fridgerator for the frunk. No more ice, pro power on board to keep your beer cold.

OP
OP
BestEvMod

BestEvMod

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Not my topic, but I'll help. The lower grill insert would be for strength, to keep road debris from entering cavity and damaging the active shutters.
Frunk button, I believe someone made one on the forum already. It keep items in the frunk from bumping the release button and opening the frunk. My opinion, a switch cover surround (maybe 3M taped?) with magnetic closure. Pull it off to push button, and it snaps back magnetically to cover button.
I see! thank you so much for this, its a huge help on how we should develop products

OP
OP
BestEvMod

BestEvMod

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I don't think metal is necessary. I have attached 3 photos of the back side of the cover. My failure, and others reported, occurred at the tab at the top on the driver's side (or top right looking in the frunk). Photo 5231 shows a "normal" tab, although you can see the beginnings of a failure at the white spots on top of the "fins". Photo 5232 shows a failed tab with failure at the top of the fins. It would be easy to tear this tab away from the fins by hand. This is obviously a deficient design. One option could be to alter the design to fill the area between the 4 fins with solid plastic to provide more surface in contact with the tab.

IMG_5230.jpg

IMG_5231.jpg

IMG_5232.jpg
thanks for this!

blpublic

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150 XLT
kW - I'll do you one better. ..

A frunk sized plug-in cooler/fridgerator for the frunk. No more ice, pro power on board to keep your beer cold.
This is what I was going to ask for as well. I would also be interested in a cooler insert in the console powered by the truck seemlessly, even when stopped. That big hole is just begging to be used by something useful.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BestEvMod

BestEvMod

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning

Sponsored

O’Majestic1’slightnigF150

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F350 F250 F250 Taurus Cessna Super Air Natique
Occupation
Retired Engineer & Product Developer
A dash organizer that we are working on, please let us know if you have any suggestions!
21664595315_.pic.jpg

11664595311_.pic.jpg
Can you add usb / mini usb…. And a spring hinge latch lid? My ‘16 F250 Lariat Superduty has a similar built in organizer with a spring hinge latch lid that has multiple power ports including cigarette, no 120v a/c. Excellent for dashcam and Emergency services detector power supply. Short runs of wire to power those. Getting power may be a problem.

Similar to the Lightning, my ‘20 Platinum F250 SD has a great long smooth dash that I wish had some power and storage.

brewski

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L Platinum
Occupation
Yes
Hi, dear F150 lightning forum Admin and Owners,

This is Zac from BestEvMod (also known as AOSK), we are an experienced aftermarket accessories developer, we had made all kinds of exterior & interior accessories for Mustang Mach E, Tesla Model Y, Ioniq 5, and etc...

What we are able to make?
We make all kinds of exterior and interior products! for example, Floor mats, interior trim cover, mud flaps, body kits, console organizers, and other products according to each vehicle's specific need.
Or check us out at our website www.amazon.com/bestevmod

Why we are here?
We are starting our new product line on the F150 lightning, and we want to discover what kinds of products are needed by F150 lightning owners specifically. And most importantly, build up an efficient communication channel between us and owners, back our products, and make sure owners that purchase our product will have a great experience.
For example, on our Mach E product line, we stay active in the Mach E forum, and owners discuss what kinds of products they would love to see on their car, if we are capable to make them, then we will make it happen! (Owners in Mach E Forum told us they want to remove the front door handle, and we make a kit for it!)

What we had made or making for F150 lightning?

Console Organizer
We mix the classic design of F150 on the leather mat of this console organizer
61JkZLuwpeL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Screen Protector compatible with F150 Lightning & Mach E
61DW8tb+IFL._AC_SL1400_.jpg

Coming Soon!
A Metal Volume Knob Cover that better matches the toughness of the F150 Lightning!
Change the original plastic feeling on the volume knob to a metal one.
View attachment 57381
View attachment 57382

What is Next?

Need your help here, Please share your product ideas with us, if we are capable of making them, we could make it happen!
What kinds of products do you really wish to exist on your F150 Lightning? share with us, let's make the drive with the F150 lightning even better!

Thank you
I like the console organizer.

I wouldn't buy a metal knob cover.
My current car has one and it gets very hot in the sun.

2000Firehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
I received the center console organizer this week. Perfect fit and great to have divided storage instead of the giant hole.

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
The refrigerator in the frunk needs a short duct to vent the heat out so it is not fighting its own heat created by the compressor. Where are the best spots to cut, maybe with a shutter, or even a manual door, to check dust, etc., from getting back in? Would existing bottom drain hole, mentioned in #75, might be too small or just a bit far or too hard to duct to?

Last edited:

Biggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
The refrigerator in the frunk needs a short duct to vent the heat out so it is not fighting its own heat created by the compressor. Where are the best spots to cut, maybe with a shutter, or even a manual door, to check dust, etc., from getting back in?
out the drain hole?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.