• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

bryko

First Name
bryko
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning, '22 Corolla, '13 Escape
Occupation
Engineer
I just looked where you indicated & it doesn't show on my truck any details on the mapping.
It's Settings->General-> About

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
The benefits of this release just keep getting better. I realize you can now get the HVAC system turned off from the main screen without having to go into the screen with deeper HVAC settings.

I forget my exact steps, but I think I was adjusting the fan or the temp and then touched the center of the dial. Similar to turning off the stereo.

bewbie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER Rapid Red
The benefits of this release just keep getting better. I realize you can now get the HVAC system turned off from the main screen without having to go into the screen with deeper HVAC settings.

I forget my exact steps, but I think I was adjusting the fan or the temp and then touched the center of the dial. Similar to turning off the stereo.
Cannot wait to receive this update. The UI pre update involves some unnecessary steps for rather simple options such as switching the HVAC on and off. Combining this while driving is one of my biggest gripes with the truck.

Reactions: GDN

swajames

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Technology and software development
It looks like Ford is figuring the update problems out. 4.1.1 arrived on my truck just three days ago, and 4.1.2 installed today.

Sponsored

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariot F150 Lariat lightning
Occupation
Technician
Mach E just got 4.1.3 yesterday, it says for better wifi connectivity which will insure faster updates. Meaning if your connected all the time via wifi or ford's data service you will get updates faster. Maybe get a poll going for trucks with and without ford's connected service. I don't have Ford connected service and my updates are slow to come, I'm only connected at home wifi.

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Power-Up 4.1.2 UI Update Screenshot_20230121_085045_Chrome

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Continental, 2022 F150 Lightning, 03 Marauder
I went out and started the truck for about 25 minutes in the garage. Turned if off and back in the house and 30 minutes later I got the update. Installed and done.

Love the changes and props to Ford. I didn't think they could do something like this.

First - it truly seems faster, will see after a few days. The settings and Controls are now collapsed into a single menu. The "Audio" section of the menu which had been greyed out for a long time is gone.

On to the good stuff, huge improvement on the seat heating. That slider was horrible. I really like the implementation of the fan, the temps, the seats.

Props to Ford. Truly all of this is big changes, but it does have a nice positive impact and I'm blown away they could accomplish something like this.

Edit to add - huge props for that full time Camera button at the top now.
Wait so you can no longer adjust the audio settings? That's not an improvement as far as I'm concerned...being able to adjust the equalizer is critical as at least for me it makes the audio sound infinitely better.

At least for me, the audio settings are grayed out by default and only become accessible when audio is playing.

Is the equalizer and audio settings menu just relocated somewhere else or has it really been removed completely?

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Wait so you can no longer adjust the audio settings? That's not an improvement as far as I'm concerned...being able to adjust the equalizer is critical as at least for me it makes the audio sound infinitely better.

At least for me, the audio settings are grayed out by default and only become accessible when audio is playing.

Is the equalizer and audio settings menu just relocated somewhere else or has it really been removed completely?
There were two stereo related menus - The first one is still there, I think it is labeled "Sound" or "Stereo" and where the fader and equalizer are at. They are still available.

There was a second menus titled "Audio" that had been greyed out. I don't recall what was ever under that menu, but it is the one that has been removed.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Hey guys, Power-Up 3.6.2 also made some enhancements to help while you’re out on a road trip. If you’re heading toward a DC fast charging station (using your vehicle’s navigation), your battery will now start to warm up within 20 miles of your destination. This allows the battery to accept a charge at a faster rate in cold weather when you have excess heater capacity, getting you back on the road. Remember, you must enter your fast charging station into the Navigation System in order for preheating to work.

Ford Power-Up software updates like this help us make improvements without the inconvenience of asking you to leave home. At Ford we value your satisfaction, and we respect your time.

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Hey guys, Power-Up 3.6.2 also made some enhancements to help while you’re out on a road trip. If you’re heading toward a DC fast charging station (using your vehicle’s navigation), your battery will now start to warm up within 20 miles of your destination. This allows the battery to accept a charge at a faster rate in cold weather when you have excess heater capacity, getting you back on the road. Remember, you must enter your fast charging station into the Navigation System in order for preheating to work.

Ford Power-Up software updates like this help us make improvements without the inconvenience of asking you to leave home. At Ford we value your satisfaction, and we respect your time.
Have you fully vetted this information?

Sponsored

ddbrooke

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning

I’m confused. We’re talking about 4.1.2 but this update is numbered in the 3’s?

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I just received another update a couple of minutes ago, I’m not sure what it entails since I am not at home but Ford Pass app just sent me a Notification. Maybe that’s what @Ford Motor Company is referring to?

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Power-Up 4.1.2 UI Update 0E2C617B-518C-4DC7-8753-F9770EE971DF

Last edited:

sparta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat Extended Range
I still can't get the DTE update to install, even after a disconnect of the 12V to try to force the update. :cry:

HRCC

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23' F-150 Lariot
Occupation
Youtuber, Engineering Manager
lol, I just dropped off the truck at the dealership for not being able to activate via phone, no blue cruise and alarm system not linking. It sounds like this was the update that fixes all of the stuff.

Well, I hope they just flash it and send it home.

LMcqueen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
I called Ford about why I haven’t received any updates yet, especially since I know I am due this one. They did say they are pushed out based on VIN, and there are a number of pre-conditions to get an update. The vehicle has to be driven at least 30 minutes (or powered on) within a certain time window to get an update. It must be powered off, doors closed, e-brake on and headlights off. She said people have asked about leaving it on auto, and she tells them to set them to off to be sure.
Sponsored