• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

My 2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat Build Overview

Mandalorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat Extended Range Battery
Greetings Ford Lightning Enthusiasts,

I'm excited to present the modifications made to my 2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat. Here's a concise overview:

Base Model:
  • 2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat with extended range battery.
Exterior and Performance Upgrades:
  1. Durability Boost: Line-X bed for enhanced resilience.
  2. Functional Aesthetics: Retrax Pro XR Tonneau cover for a streamlined appearance and secure cargo space.
  3. Tailored Tint: 20% ceramic tint on front driver and passenger windows, paired with 70% ceramic tint on the windshield, sunroof, and back windows for improved comfort.
  4. Protective Shield: Full front PPF (Paint Protection Film) on hood and fenders.
  5. Lasting Shine: Ceramic Coating for a polished finish.
  6. Subtle Enhancements: AVS low profile window deflectors for both style and functionality.
  7. Mystique Detailing: Smoked tail lights and front light bar for added flair.
Tech Upgrades:
  1. Screen Protection: OCD Plug Screen Protector for the touchscreen.
  2. Audio Precision: Best EVMod volume control knob for refined audio control.
Future Plans: maybe new rims and tires. Still researching this as I want to be sure the new tires and rims minimally affect range capabilities but still look good.

let me know what you guys think.
Ford F-150 Lightning My 2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat Build Overview IMG_3684
Ford F-150 Lightning My 2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat Build Overview 289C5726-7FC1-4C7F-BBC2-5F5B88724699
Ford F-150 Lightning My 2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat Build Overview IMG_3685
Ford F-150 Lightning My 2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat Build Overview IMG_3687
Ford F-150 Lightning My 2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat Build Overview 1BC0BF07-5FAB-4C2F-8166-28D686FF815E
Ford F-150 Lightning My 2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat Build Overview 7B27E73A-216D-4D79-B736-26EAEEB6CD1E
Ford F-150 Lightning My 2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat Build Overview FE79462F-3D77-4ECA-8EB1-2CDAF1FD0F51

edit 11/26/23 - update:

many have asked about the light bar at night. Here’s some pics. I will try to remember to get more in more pitch black setting.

Ford F-150 Lightning My 2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat Build Overview IMG_3759

Ford F-150 Lightning My 2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat Build Overview IMG_3760

Ford F-150 Lightning My 2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat Build Overview IMG_3758
Sponsored

Last edited:

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
Mystique Detailing: Smoked tail lights and front light bar for added flair.
How was the front light bar and sides done? Just a tinted film? Perfect coverage? Still translucent to the light (need night shot)? Cost?

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
Future Plans: maybe new rims and tires. Still researching this as I want to be sure the new tires and rims minimally affect range capabilities but still look good.
I wonder about painting the wheels black to match? For my Iced Blue Silver, I would like chrome wheels, but finding wheels that keep the range up will be important to me (aerodynamics). Actually, I have seen indications that smaller wheels and larger sidewalls are better for range.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Nice!

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
I see you also have added mud flaps. Do you still have a link or description of manufacturer and model. I’ve been looking for a set that will fit. (Without luck.).

Like all the mods. Looks great!

Sponsored

jmc6020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat
I see you also have added mud flaps. Do you still have a link or description of manufacturer and model. I’ve been looking for a set that will fit. (Without luck.).

I bought mud flaps from BestEVMod
https://a.co/d/j6KqTkP

OP
OP
Mandalorian

Mandalorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

I bought the flaps from Ford directly. Here’s the front ones

https://accessories.ford.com/splash-guards-molded-carbon-black-front-pair-w-o-wheel-lip-molding

rear: https://accessories.ford.com/splash-guards-molded-carbon-black-rear-pair-w-o-wheel-lip-molding

I’m pretty sure I had some credits from Ford when I first bought the truck. Also, I forgot to add that I have the Ford rubber mats inside as well. All from the Ford website.

however, note that the flaps are like a dark grey and not black. It’s hard to tell but you can notice it if you really look.

OP
OP
Mandalorian

Mandalorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
How was the front light bar and sides done? Just a tinted film? Perfect coverage? Still translucent to the light (need night shot)? Cost?
They were done with some sort of spray tint specifically for smoking lights. I have to say that I don’t totally love the front light bar at night. It’s darker and a bit on the yellowish side . However during the day it looks very nice.
The shop that did this for me charged $250 for the tail lights and $250 for the front light bar. But when I picked up my truck the guy said he messed up and really underbid me as he said it was a pain in the ass to put tape and paper wrap around the tail lights and light bar that he spent more time than he anticipated doing that. He said he would probably charge about $500 per light in the future.

I’ll have to get some night shots and post them.

jmc6020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat

https://accessories.ford.com/splash-guards-molded-carbon-black-front-pair-w-o-wheel-lip-molding

rear: https://accessories.ford.com/splash-guards-molded-carbon-black-rear-pair-w-o-wheel-lip-molding

I’m pretty sure I had some credits from Ford when I first bought the truck. Also, I forgot to add that I have the Ford rubber mats inside as well. All from the Ford website.

however, note that the flaps are like a dark grey and not black. It’s hard to tell but you can notice it if you really look.
I ordered the ones from Ford Accessories probably nine months ago and they have been backordered and they never were able to give me an ETA.

F150LAQS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning

Are they more to help with errant rocks, or snow/slush?

Sponsored

Oleblueyes99

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lightning
Occupation
CEO Renewable Energy Builder
I absolutely love this truck. This may be the best Lightning I’ve seen.

any chance you can post a pic of the smoked lights at night?

OP
OP
Mandalorian

Mandalorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks!

OP
OP
Mandalorian

Mandalorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just updated my post with some night shots. You’ll have to zoom in to see the paint. It’s more noticeable in person.

Oleblueyes99

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lightning
Occupation
CEO Renewable Energy Builder
I think it looks great. I don’t see a big difference in the lightbar at night
Sponsored