• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 1/9/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023)

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
@Lightning Rod you're not the only one. Mine has been on Ramp 51 since the 22nd of January. My estimated delivery is still Feb 10-16. Dealer can't tell me much, nor can Ford

This is ridiculous. You would think that at least our dealers could reach out to someone with information. I've never seen poorer customer communication than this. 😑
Sponsored

9onmy6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M2, Ducati MTS 1260, 2023 SR Lightning XLT
Occupation
Housemaker/Veteran
Wow! @Lightning Rod, you are still waiting??? We were in the same build week. I got mine six weeks ago. WTH?

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
@Lightning Rod you're not the only one. Mine has been on Ramp 51 since the 22nd of January. My estimated delivery is still Feb 10-16. Dealer can't tell me much, nor can Ford

You had a six day window like mine. You must be not too far from Dearborn? If that's the case, it might be a lack of hauler trucks to transport our trucks. :unsure:

RST

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5 35d, VW ID.4, '23' Lightning Pro, & 4 Bikes
Occupation
Retired
Just out of curiosity, who here in the build week has a truck that is"Built" and was never shipped yet? Am I the only person here in this situation? 😕
No, you are not alone. My blend was 1/12, spray in bed liner (number 14 for this build week) delayed built notification to 2/3. Still no 'Shipped' notice.

Sponsored

abel408

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Pro
My truck arrived at the dealership today! Unfortunately, my dealer is not honoring the price protection. They state that they will cut a check if they receive a check from price protection, but will not take it off the price of the truck. How are people dealing with this situation?

Also, the sale and sticker price of my truck is 58,369.00, but the dealer price that is shown in my order details is $51,974.00. Am I supposed to be receiving 2 price protection checks?

Last edited:

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
My truck arrived at the dealership today! Unfortunately, my dealer is not honoring the price protection. They state that they will cut a check if they receive a check from price protection, but will not take it off the price of the truck. How are people dealing with this situation?

Also, the sale and sticker price of my truck is 58,369.00, but the dealer price that is shown in my order details is $51,974.00. Am I supposed to be receiving 2 price protection checks?

Congratulations!

I have a manager at my dealership looking into why my truck has been built in January yet no info is available about it since.

Enjoy your truck. :)

Sealevel

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 XLT Lightning SR
Occupation
Engineer

You should try to involve the Ford Regional Rep. But others have gotten the check after a few weeks or a month. Be sure that the dealer signs a document stating they owe you any price protection monies they receive from Ford. Good luck.

abel408

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Pro
The deed is done. Now I await my price protection check...

20230405_150301.jpg

20230405_144535.jpg
Hi @Its PJ Bia . It sounds like I may be in the same situation as you. I have a question for you though. Did the price the dealer give you match the sticker price or the price on your order tracker? My dealer has the price of the sticker claiming that's what they paid for it, but I was under the impression that the price should be the price on the order tracker and the price protection and private offer comes off after that. My dealer has the truck at $58,369.00, but my order tracker shows a Dealer selling price of $51,974.00:
Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 1/9/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) Screenshot 2023-04-11 at 2.22.33 PM

Are we expected to get the $4,000 difference from the sticker and order price and then another $5,000 check since we placed our orders in August?

Its PJ Bia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning PRO
Hi @Its PJ Bia . It sounds like I may be in the same situation as you. I have a question for you though. Did the price the dealer give you match the sticker price or the price on your order tracker? My dealer has the price of the sticker claiming that's what they paid for it, but I was under the impression that the price should be the price on the order tracker and the price protection and private offer comes off after that. My dealer has the truck at $58,369.00, but my order tracker shows a Dealer selling price of $51,974.00:
Screenshot 2023-04-11 at 2.22.33 PM.png

Are we expected to get the $4,000 difference from the sticker and order price and then another $5,000 check since we placed our orders in August?
The dealer will go off the window sticker price. That page shows $56k for my truck, but the price at the dealer was $60k. But for those who got the price protection up front, they got the full 8-9k in price protection, so I'm expecting the same for me when i hopefully receive a check in the next 45-60 days. But we are also in a rare group so for those waiting for a check for 8-9k, we don't know what they have received back yet.

Sponsored

abel408

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Pro
The dealer will go off the window sticker price. That page shows $56k for my truck, but the price at the dealer was $60k. But for those who got the price protection up front, they got the full 8-9k in price protection, so I'm expecting the same for me when i hopefully receive a check in the next 45-60 days. But we are also in a rare group so for those waiting for a check for 8-9k, we don't know what they have received back yet.
Thanks for that information. Just want to be sure my dealer isn't screwing me. Hopefully we'll receive the full $9k in price protection. Did you get anything in writing that the dealer promises to give you any price protection checks they receive?

EVMainer

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius, Volt, F150 Lightning Pro
Sorry your dealer sucks, mine gave me the full price protection up front. At least you know that it’s possible, hopefully your dealer cuts the check.

Its PJ Bia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning PRO
Thanks for that information. Just want to be sure my dealer isn't screwing me. Hopefully we'll receive the full $9k in price protection. Did you get anything in writing that the dealer promises to give you any price protection checks they receive?
Yes they had a document i signed that said any price protection monies they receive will be sent to me, but they never gave me the number I'm owed.

EdSnow

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 BMW X545e
Just picked up my F150 Lightning Pro on April 7th (order placed on August 15, 2022; build date January 11, 2023). It had been on 'stop ship' for a long time due to the battery fire and arrived at the dealer around April 1st.

Here are the pricing details:
- I received a $7000 "private offer" credit at time of sale (in the dealer SmartVincent system)
- Dealer would not honor the price in my Ford.com account of $57,769
- They used the MSRP sticker of $61,869

BASE PRICE
$55,974.00​
TOTAL OPTIONS/OTHER
4,000.00​
1,895.00​
Total MSRP
61,869.00​

Weeks ago I had emailed several Ford executives including CEO Jim Farley, asking for clarification on any credits for ordering in August, 2022. I had a response from an Executive Offices contact who confirmed that I would receive the $7000 private offer and also receive a "price protection" check from Ford through the dealership around 60 days after the purchase. I have that in an email from her and from the local sales manager. Other threads show a $5000 check being issued for PRO buyers. We'll see!

abel408

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Pro
Just picked up my F150 Lightning Pro on April 7th (order placed on August 15, 2022; build date January 11, 2023). It had been on 'stop ship' for a long time due to the battery fire and arrived at the dealer around April 1st.

Here are the pricing details:
- I received a $7000 "private offer" credit at time of sale (in the dealer SmartVincent system)
- Dealer would not honor the price in my Ford.com account of $57,769
- They used the MSRP sticker of $61,869

BASE PRICE
$55,974.00​
TOTAL OPTIONS/OTHER
4,000.00​
1,895.00​
Total MSRP
61,869.00​

Weeks ago I had emailed several Ford executives including CEO Jim Farley, asking for clarification on any credits for ordering in August, 2022. I had a response from an Executive Offices contact who confirmed that I would receive the $7000 private offer and also receive a "price protection" check from Ford through the dealership around 60 days after the purchase. I have that in an email from her and from the local sales manager. Other threads show a $5000 check being issued for PRO buyers. We'll see!
Thanks for that information as it gives me confidence that we should receive the 5,000 and 4,000 price protection from the price increases that were put in place since our order date. I don't have anything in writing, but have heard a lot of of reassurance. I'll just keep my fingers crossed. 9k is a lot of money and not getting a clear answer from anyone whether or not I will receive it is very frustrating.

Would you mind sending me the email you had received from the executive offices should I ever need it? You can redact your name if you wish.
Sponsored