• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 1/9/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023)

buttah_hustle

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Toyota Sienna, Future 2023 Ford Lightning Pro
Yours did the same thing... went from built to in production.

Maybe they're changing our battery packs before delivery. :unsure:
Same exact look here. Green dot in "In production" although the date for production is still displayed.
Sponsored

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
Same exact look here. Green dot in "In production" although the date for production is still displayed.

Were you on a microchip hold? Maybe they are installing the chips and are close to shipping our trucks. At least we see some movement. After no info updates for 2.5 months, I'm optimistic about this. :p

buttah_hustle

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm optimistic too, which feels good since yesterday was the nadir of my thoughts on this entire process. I was always told my truck was not on microchip hold, but here's what is making me optimistic.

1. The Ford Electronic Vehicle Support team guy I spoke to said they are "getting things straightened out" on the Lightning team.
2. The other December threads are starting to have long-delayed vehicle built photos sent.
3. There is actually some sort of change (although cryptic) on my delivery page.

I've been happy with the production pace and was fully in support of the stop-ship to get things straightened out with the batteries, but the communication has been really suspect--automated notification and email updates for the small volume of trucks they are making should not been that complex.

I suspect that there might be some new team members/leadership on the comm team, and they're digging through whatever backlog has kept our trucks sitting. Here's hoping our optimism is not unfounded!

Puffoluffagus

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lariat ER
I got my first status update on the tracker since 2/4, where it said updated 4/17, but no change in the delivery window(was still reporting 4/14 end date for delivery). So reached out to my dealer and got an updated tracking which included the CSX railcar number. So i made the phone call and its currently its now on a rail car in Ohio on its way back to South carolina. So must've have gone back for a battery swap. Hopefully should get the truck in the next 2 weeks.

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
My order tracker is similar, hasn't changed since Feb 3rd.

This may sound silly but, what if it was our 3 trucks that burned to the ground? I mean, all of a sudden, they put our statuses back to "IN PRODUCTION". They might just be finally building us our replacement trucks.

This idea may be far fetched but with Ford being so quiet about stuff... one never knows what is going on behind the scenes over there. :unsure:

Sponsored
OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
This may sound silly but, what if it was our 3 trucks that burned to the ground? I mean, all of a sudden, they put our statuses back to "IN PRODUCTION". They might just be finally building us our replacement trucks.

This idea may be far fetched but with Ford being so quiet about stuff... one never knows what is going on behind the scenes over there. :unsure:
I think you will know for certain once it's in your hands, look at the door jam sticker for the actual BUILD date.

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
Well, I have a new (4/17), update on the order status page.....and it's moving backwards....really backwards.

What in the heck is going on around here? I would immediately call Ford and ask them what they see. That is weird. My status at the moment still says IN PRODUCTION but like I said in my previous post... we never really know what is going on behind the scenes at Ford because they won't share information with us. It looks like they truly are building you a brand new truck. Keep us posted.

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
My door sticker shows the original blend date [2022 06 09] and date of manufacture [06/22]
Suspected rebuilds might show a later date of manufacture?

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 1/9/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) 1681829997359

buttah_hustle

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I think it is more likely that we're just having our batteries replaced @Lightning Rod. I thought only the 1/20 Build Week was only affected but Ford's recall information was pretty vague.

@RST , can't even hazard a guess on yours. Luckily you got four motorcycles in the meantime :)

I checked the Module tear tag site for my truck and they are still there. @TaxmanHog , any guesses to how that information would change if our trucks were taken apart and rebuilt?

Sponsored

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
Well, I have a new (4/17), update on the order status page.....and it's moving backwards....really backwards.
looks pretty much like mine. my dealer confirmed that mine was built on 2/5 but the tracker hasn't changed

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 1/9/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) Order status 4-16

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
Whoa, so yours never had a "BUILT" date? 🙁
not on the tracker, but my dealer confirmed from his system that it was built on 2/5 and then sent out to get in line for the spray in bedliner. His system still shows that, frozen just like the online tracker we use.

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I checked the Module tear tag site for my truck and they are still there. @TaxmanHog , any guesses to how that information would change if our trucks were taken apart and rebuilt?
There should be no changes, the replacement truck would be to the same specifications and coding, well maybe a slight change, if the original production was lacking the heated wheel, and the replacement will have it direct from the factory, then maybe any related codes will be loaded.

buttah_hustle

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Well, for the first time in three months I have an updated estimated delivery. It has been sitting at 2/10 to 2/16 for three months, and as of today on the Ford site, it is marked as estimated delivery of 5/13 to 5/19. Progress, I guess?

Shop.Ford Vehicle tracking still shows the "In Production" green dot with the Built 1/22/23 date displayed.
Sponsored