• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 11/21 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023)

Thebear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT PB | 2023 Lightning Lariat
Just got the note that my truck is at the dealership in final inspection mode. My delivery date changed 3x yesterday and now it’s at the dealer. Who knows…. Super excited to have it!! Although I’ll only believe it once it’s in my hands.

EdwinT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Pro, Matrix, 91 Galant VR4 (for sale)
Dude that’s sick!!
What blend/built date?
State?
Spray in / cover?

What was the delivery dates estimate they gave you? All 3 if you remember.

Thebear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dude that’s sick!!
What blend/built date?
State?
Spray in / cover?

What was the delivery dates estimate they gave you? All 3 if you remember.
Blend Date: 11/21
Build Date: 12/02
State: Indiana
No Spray/Cover: Will do locally

Delivery Date Estimates:
#1 - 12/24
#2 - 12/7
#3 - 1/2 (This date was shown today, e.g., the day that the truck was delivered...)

Actual Delivery Date: 12/13

Overall much faster Blend to Delivery timeframe than what I thought. I was told it was going to be mid-Q1 of 2023, so pretty nice to have it now. Pumped about being able to receive the $7,500 credit.

Also, if it is consolation to anyone, I was on chip hold all last week, so seems like something changed over the weekend...

Last edited:

Pitbull2o08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 FX4 Ecoboost
I have a remarks about the Tax credit as it's written now:

I believe with the escalation in builds this quarter that Ford has already surpassed the 200k EV's Mark, which is still a requirement until 2023.

" The Inflation Reduction Act signed by President Joe Biden Tuesday extends the existing $7,500 tax credit for EV vehicle purchases and eliminates a barrier under the old credit that phased out incentives for any automaker once it sold 200,000 electric vehicles. The new law ends the 200,000-unit-per-manufacturer sales cap beginning in 2023."

and...

"If you purchase and take possession of a qualifying electric vehicle after August 16, 2022 and before January 1, 2023, aside from the final assembly requirement, the rules in effect before the enactment of the Inflation Reduction Act for the EV credit apply (including those involving the manufacturing caps on vehicles sold)."

on IRS.gov, as of 6/30/22, (Q2) Ford has sold 188k EV's. In Q3, Ford says they sold 18,250 EV's. That's it. It's well over the 200k mark. At least we are eligibly for half that ($3750).

EDIT: The numbers are accurate. However, I found in the IRS's website where the phase down starts the second calender quarter after the limit has been reached.

So if we reached 200k in Q3 2022, the second quarter after this would be Q1 2023, when the whole thing gets scrapped anyway. I wonder if Ford planned this.

" The qualified plug-in electric drive motor vehicle credit phases out for a manufacturer’s vehicles over the one-year period beginning with the second calendar quarter after the calendar quarter in which at least 200,000 qualifying vehicles manufactured by that manufacturer have been sold for use in the United States (determined on a cumulative basis for sales after December 31, 2009) (“phase-out period”). "

Therefore, we are all still eligible for the full $7500 if we take delivery this year. At least I wrote this down if anyone needs to reference it.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Thebear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have a remarks about the Tax credit as it's written now:

I believe with the escalation in builds this quarter that Ford has already surpassed the 200k EV's Mark, which is still a requirement until 2023.

" The Inflation Reduction Act signed by President Joe Biden Tuesday extends the existing $7,500 tax credit for EV vehicle purchases and eliminates a barrier under the old credit that phased out incentives for any automaker once it sold 200,000 electric vehicles. The new law ends the 200,000-unit-per-manufacturer sales cap beginning in 2023."

and...

"If you purchase and take possession of a qualifying electric vehicle after August 16, 2022 and before January 1, 2023, aside from the final assembly requirement, the rules in effect before the enactment of the Inflation Reduction Act for the EV credit apply (including those involving the manufacturing caps on vehicles sold)."

on IRS.gov, as of 6/30/22, (Q2) Ford has sold 188k EV's. In Q3, Ford says they sold 18,250 EV's. That's it. It's well over the 200k mark. At least we are eligibly for half that ($3750).

EDIT: The numbers are accurate. However, I found in the IRS's website where the phase down starts the second calender quarter after the limit has been reached.

So if we reached 200k in Q3 2022, the second quarter after this would be Q1 2023, when the whole thing gets scrapped anyway. I wonder if Ford planned this.

" The qualified plug-in electric drive motor vehicle credit phases out for a manufacturer’s vehicles over the one-year period beginning with the second calendar quarter after the calendar quarter in which at least 200,000 qualifying vehicles manufactured by that manufacturer have been sold for use in the United States (determined on a cumulative basis for sales after December 31, 2009) (“phase-out period”). "

Therefore, we are all still eligible for the full $7500 if we take delivery this year. At least I wrote this down if anyone needs to reference it.
Ha, you beat me to it, I was going to reply with the phase-out point. We all should be set if we get them before 12/31/2022.

Thanks for doing all the research!

matt.sillz

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lightning, Mach-e
Occupation
Marketing/Advertising
My Truck delivery just slipped from this week to next after it bumped up 4 days late last week. :cautious:

Sooooo tired of the rollercoaster - we wanted to take it to the Mtns next week for our Ski/Snowboarding trip. Rats.

Thebear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My Truck delivery just slipped from this week to next after it bumped up 4 days late last week. :cautious:

Sooooo tired of the rollercoaster - we wanted to take it to the Mtns next week for our Ski/Snowboarding trip. Rats.
It’s so weird my dates started to move around the closer to the actual delivery. Don’t lose hope.

Pitbull2o08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 FX4 Ecoboost

Wouldn't put too much stalk into it.

As you can see, kwolford is on on the same car as me and his delivery time is like a week after mine (maybe because his dealer is a little further). But we are tracking the car and it's much further along than Ford eludes to.

matt.sillz

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lightning, Mach-e
Occupation
Marketing/Advertising
Thanks y’all .

Sponsored

Pitbull2o08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 FX4 Ecoboost
Where do you get the single day estimates? All I see are ranges.

Blend Date: 11/21
Build Date: 12/02
State: Indiana
No Spray/Cover: Will do locally

Delivery Date Estimates:
#1 - 12/24
#2 - 12/7
#3 - 1/2 (This date was shown today, e.g., the day that the truck was delivered...)

Actual Delivery Date: 12/13

Overall much faster Blend to Delivery timeframe than what I thought. I was told it was going to be mid-Q1 of 2023, so pretty nice to have it now. Pumped about being able to receive the $7,500 credit.

Also, if it is consolation to anyone, I was on chip hold all last week, so seems like something changed over the weekend...

Thebear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Where do you get the single day estimates? All I see are ranges.
I just remember the latest date of the range. I believe they were 6 or 7 day ranges so subtract that from my numbers to see the earlier date.