• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 6/6 Lightning Build Week Group

tkittlitz

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
14Ram1500ED, 20FordEscapeHybrid, 22LightningOrder
So I went and paid for my truck last night and got to sit in it and inspect it. I will be picking it up on Saturday because they have to do the PDI today (and of course today is the one day I can't get away from work to pick it up). So close now!
Sponsored

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring
Just checked with Ford chat, my SF bay area bound truck is now in Vegas. Just hope I don't have to go bail it out of jail..
….. what happens in Vegas, stays………🤔

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Received an e-mail notification from United Logistics my truck was shipped from their staging yard at Port of Portland (OR) Terminal 6 @ 1806 hrs to my dealer.

Just checked UL’s OVISS online tracker…the car carrier is just pulling into my dealer as I type this😁 …. 18 days earlier than Ford’s original outer ETA date….I guess I know what I’m doing this weekend! I feel very fortunate…….
Just got off the phone with the dealer…took care of the preliminaries and info gaps in my customer file…pick-up the pickup tomorrow 😱 unless something comes up during the PDI ….now I have to pay for it!!!!😎 (MSRP, no ADM, Price-protected, including no +$100 delivery increase).

Sponsored

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Make sure you all see the $500 deposit you paid at order time.
Oh yeah, we went down line-by-line the numbers on my copy of my original online order verification…credit the $100 reservation fee, $1,000 order deposit & deduct the $100 shipping fee increase…no disputes whatsoever …. he made it clear that I was price protected because it was a Lightning purchase. One benefit of dealing with a 2nd generation, family-owned dealership 👍

Sea Ranch

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting, Porsche Carrera T, F150, Rav4 Prime
Occupation
Retired
Thank you. Given the estimated delivery to the dealership (about 50 miles from Richmond) of July 31 to Aug. 6, that makes sense. That gives me more hope that all is well. The Port of Benicia is where Porsche and Audi (among others) are offloaded from the vehicle carriers that dock there. It is my understanding that Ford vehicles are offloaded from the railcars in Richmond and loaded onto the vehicle carriers to travel to the dealerships.
When using the automated tracing for a railcar on UP, they give a time and date to reach Industry. It is confirmed, "Industry" is a generic term used for final destination. However, I don't know for sure if that means the final rail yard where the vehicles are transferred to the vehicle carriers for the drive to the dealership or the actual delivery to the dealership. I am assuming the former.

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
. It is confirmed, "Industry" is a generic term used for final destination. However, I don't know for sure if that means the final rail yard where the vehicles are transferred to the vehicle carriers for the drive to the dealership or the actual delivery to the dealership. I am assuming the former.

Yes, Industry is generic for last stop to unload. Pretty sure it's generic for security reasons, so random people cannot track the destination of a load.

It's the railyard. UP has no involvement in final destination at your dealer.

Sea Ranch

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Yes, Industry is generic for last stop to unload. Pretty sure it's generic for security reasons, so random people cannot track the destination of a load.

It's the railyard. UP has no involvement in final destination at your dealer.
Thank you. That little mystery for me is now solved. The unload date is 5 days prior to the earliest estimated delivery to the dealership. That all sounds reasonable for an on-time delivery :).

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thank you. That little mystery for me is now solved. The unload date is 5 days prior to the earliest estimated delivery to the dealership. That all sounds reasonable for an on-time delivery :).
In my case, my rail car was delivered by BNSF to the Port of Portland (OR) Terminal 6 rail yard. The rail car was then switched to the adjacent United Logistics yard where it was unloaded….elapsed time was ~17 hrs based on notification time stamps.

From that point UL schedules to the appropriate dealer at their discretion if it has been approved (Ford???) to be released…mine shipped out ~48 hrs after being accepted by UL for an 80 mile final transit south…

My dealer said he didn’t have any control…they can ask UL to “hot sheet” a specific vehicle, but never know if it will make a difference. He said my quick delivery was my luck of the draw as there were 7 other of their vehicles in the queue ahead of mine and a total of 21 of their vehicles sitting in UL’s lot that were waiting with me.

He added that all but 3 of those in UL’s yard were anxious customer custom orders, so his question is who does he ask to be put in the life boat? I understand his dilemma….and feel very lucky I’m picking my truck up tomorrow!

Last edited:

Sponsored

Sea Ranch

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
In my case, my rail car was delivered by BNSF to the Port of Portland (OR) Terminal 6 rail yard. The rail car was then switched to the adjacent United Logistics yard where it was unloaded….elapsed time was ~17 hrs based on notification time stamps.

From that point UL schedules to the appropriate dealer at their discretion if it has been approved (Ford???) to be released…mine shipped out ~48 hrs after being accepted by UL for an 80 mile final transit south…

My dealer said he didn’t have any control…they can ask UL to “hot sheet” a specific vehicle, but never know if it will make a difference. He said my quick delivery was my luck of the draw as there were 7 other of their vehicles in the queue ahead of mine and a total of 21 of their vehicles sitting in UL’s lot that were waiting with me.

He added that all but 3 of those in UL’s yard were anxious customer custom orders, so his question is who does he ask to be put in the life boat? I under his dilemma….and feel very lucky I’m picking my truck up tomorrow!
Thank you for the overview of the movement of your truck from offloading through delivery. That gives me even more hope. Congratulations on picking your truck up tomorrow! Let's see some photos soon :). I was happy to hear that my dealership has delivered a number of Lightning trucks in the past few weeks so the excitement of the sales and service people have worn off a bit and I don't have to worry about too much "activity" with my truck.

Prime8

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Colorado
Occupation
Construction

He added that all but 3 of those in UL’s yard were anxious customer custom orders, so his question is who does he ask to be put in the life boat? I under his dilemma….and feel very lucky I’m picking my truck up tomorrow!
You seem to be the rail car whisperer of the thread :) , any idea why the rail car my truck is/was on is recorded as "empty" on the tracking centers? edit to clarify: The truck is supposed to go to the SF bay area but rail car shows leaving Las Vegas empty, is it common for rail cars to be listed as empty in error or did my truck marry a stripper in a drive thru chapel and now deals blackjack in Caesars Palace?

Last edited:

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You seem to be the rail car whisperer of the thread :) , any idea why the rail car my truck is/was on is recorded as "empty" on the tracking centers? edit to clarify: The truck is supposed to go to the SF bay area but rail car shows leaving Las Vegas empty, is it common for rail cars to be listed as empty in error or did my truck marry a stripper in a drive thru chapel and now deals blackjack in Caesars Palace?
Nope, wish I could help…there are some nice folks on the forum who work in the rail industry who may be able to help decipher the terminology.

I’d go with the stripper theory🤥, anything else would be pure speculation on my part🤔

No expert/expertise here, just a self-taught student of the game who was additionally educated/schooled by some very nice & experienced members of this forum. The more I learn, the more I realize how ignorant I am……

I found the automated rail car trackers interesting…both CSX and UP provided tracking records for my rail car….old information from the last time each of them had transported it. It took some attentive listening and parsing of the information to realize it wasn’t current. I finally had to call the Ops Center at the Blue Island Rail Yard and have a human tell me my rail car was transferred from CNR to BNSF.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Yeeeeeee Haaaaaaaa, ChooooChooooooo
Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 6/6 Lightning Build Week Group 1658616260337

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 6/6 Lightning Build Week Group 1658616363267