• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

10 K Refund.

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
I have a 2023 Pro . I was in wave 2 of reservations and held out and got my pro for the original price of 40K. I had to pay more and get the refunds from Ford to get the correct price. My dealer upped my trade value to cover the added cost of taxes.
But that is different than what happened with this MSRP change. You, as well as I got model year transition price protection
Sponsored

ChrisC

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Focus Electric, 2017 FFE, 2020 KiaNiroEV
Ford will lose alot of customers over this.
They have lost me. This is my third Ford EV and I love all of them but I am not loyal to a company that chooses to screw their customers. I had my vehicle one month before the announcement and if I had delayed my order to a later wave, I would of benefited. I wanted an Pro or an XLT but none were available, so I went with the Lariat because I didn't think the other models would be available this year since the XLTs would be gone when I would go to order. I'm not sure what @Ford Motor Company is thinking pulling these shenanigans but losing me as a customer is not just me but also my extended family that also has purchased Fords. I just convinced my sister to by the EV6 instead of the Mach-e because of this. They have the ability to make it right for 2023 buyers so I am hoping it happens before I have to file my 2023 taxes.

OP
OP

TerryNelsen

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Electrician
They have lost me. This is my third Ford EV and I love all of them but I am not loyal to a company that chooses to screw their customers. I had my vehicle one month before the announcement and if I had delayed my order to a later wave, I would of benefited. I wanted an Pro or an XLT but none were available, so I went with the Lariat because I didn't think the other models would be available this year since the XLTs would be gone when I would go to order. I'm not sure what @Ford Motor Company is thinking pulling these shenanigans but losing me as a customer is not just me but also my extended family that also has purchased Fords. I just convinced my sister to by the EV6 instead of the Mach-e because of this. They have the ability to make it right for 2023 buyers so I am hoping it happens before I have to file my 2023 taxes.
I hope so.

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, F-150h, various others
Occupation
retired
lighting was delivered by ford to dealer july 13 I was forced to buy my lighting July 14. GM ford napenton libertyville il told me that he knew the rumor on the pricedrop for july 17 and sold me the truck before the price drop. I coudnt benefit from proice drop.
just curious what you mean by "force to buy"

shaikhriz

First Name
rizwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ford lighting
Occupation
retired
I was told that if i dont take the delivery in 24 hrs delaer will sell the car to some one else and will also not refund the $500 deposit. is it not forcing then what else. please advise.

Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
I was told that if i dont take the delivery in 24 hrs delaer will sell the car to some one else and will also not refund the $500 deposit. is it not forcing then what else. please advise.
Sounds like you made the decision to forfeit a $10,000 savings so you wouldn’t lose $500. Plus you got to keep your business with an ass-hat dealer.

OP
OP

TerryNelsen

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Electrician
That's bs.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
No Dear, I did not knew at that point that ford will be cutting the price, but the dealer GM admitted after the fact that he knew that it was gonna happen.
The way you worded your first post (102) made it sound like he told you about the price drop before you bought the truck.

If he knew and didn’t tell you, I agree, the dealer acted in a blatantly unethical manner.

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
There are a lot of apologists for shitty behavior from Ford and Dealers. It may be a bit of exaggeration to say "forced" but it's also nice to share what the consequences were if you had held out. That's a shitty dealer that should absolutely never get your business again.

OpenMinded150

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 ER Lariet Lightning
Occupation
Renewal by Anderson
Ford will lose alot of customers over this.
Great point. I would love to see them do something a little extra for 1st gen original owners of the lightning when the T3 comes out and they aren’t hemorrhaging cash. I know this is old but I just came across this thread

Sponsored

TheBigBezo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I wouldn't hold your breath. Ford offered nothing to those of us who bought early in '23. Hindsight is 20/20, I doubt many of us could foresee the same trims costing $20K less with rebates due to weakening demand. I had hoped for maybe some incentives, like bluecruise or so on as a carrot for being an early adopter and overspending but that's not going to happen. With weak trade in value, I imagine most of us will be sticking with what we got.

Considering that's how Ford has handled the price hikes/cuts, there's probably going to be nothing for us when T3 comes out. Same for the NACS adapter, I think we'll end up paying for that too.

lancersrock

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Honda Pilot, 2011 Mustang GT, 2013 fusion se
Occupation
Field Engineer
I wouldn't hold your breath. Ford offered nothing to those of us who bought early in '23. Hindsight is 20/20, I doubt many of us could foresee the same trims costing $20K less with rebates due to weakening demand. I had hoped for maybe some incentives, like bluecruise or so on as a carrot for being an early adopter and overspending but that's not going to happen. With weak trade in value, I imagine most of us will be sticking with what we got.

Considering that's how Ford has handled the price hikes/cuts, there's probably going to be nothing for us when T3 comes out. Same for the NACS adapter, I think we'll end up paying for that too.
I could see an argument for any bc activated prior to the price drop being offered free bc as long as they are the owner. Wouldn’t cost ford anything but would at least let us who didn’t know the price was going to drop or that bc was going to be $800 a year feel some sort of appreciation for being an early supporter… I love my truck and plan on keeping it longer than the 3 years I initially thought I would (largely due to my diminished trade value) but I can’t see me paying $800 for bc, hell that’s almost $70 a month!

flyct

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-450 & F-250 Lightning & Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Blissfully Retired
Hey, Timing is everything. You lose some and you win some. My Lighting purchase timing was good but my Tesla buying timing was BAD.

Elon Musk started all this price war by dropping the price of certain Teslas. The Ford responded with their own price reductions and up to a $7,500 rebate for a few months.

I bought our Lightning ER Lariat with a MSRP of $81,840 for $62.840 +Tax Tag Title after a $7,500 Ford rebate, a $2,500 dealer discount, a $750 PCO and a $7,500 tax credit in early October 2023. I lucked out on that one.

BUT I bought 2 Tesla Model Y's 12/22 & 4/23. If I bought them today they would have cost me $26,770 less.

Zaptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER and 2023 Lightning XLT ER
Occupation
Rodeo clown
Hey, Timing is everything. You lose some and you win some. My Lighting purchase timing was good but my Tesla buying timing was BAD.

Elon Musk started all this price war by dropping the price of certain Teslas. The Ford responded with their own price reductions and up to a $7,500 rebate for a few months.

I bought our Lightning ER Lariat with a MSRP of $81,840 for $62.840 +Tax Tag Title after a $7,500 Ford rebate, a $2,500 dealer discount, a $750 PCO and a $7,500 tax credit in early October 2023. I lucked out on that one.

BUT I bought 2 Tesla Model Y's 12/22 & 4/23. If I bought them today they would have cost me $26,770 less.
I'm the inverse of your deals. Paid full MSRP for my truck $80,849 ('22 pricing) but got my Model Y Performance in May after $16k in drops, and just before they bumped it back up again. Might get some rebates on them at tax time, might not, but I like em both and made the deals I made. I'm not mad about it, but if they're sending out checks, I have a strict policy on this; I never turn down free money ;)
Sponsored