• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

100% EV now...

RST

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5 35d, VW ID.4, '23' Lightning Pro, & 4 Bikes
Occupation
Retired
I will never be 100% EV. Have the Lightning and a VW ID.4, but also 4 gas powered bikes, 3 diesel powered vehicles (BMW X5, Kioti Tractor, Kubota ATV), plus mowers and saws. Looks like I'll be stoping at fossil fuel stations for the rest of my life.
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I traded my 2020 Platinum F150 3.0 Diesel 34K miles for my new Lightning. They gave me $48K. I really miss it, but I love my Lightning more!
We're glad to hear you love the F-150 Lightning, Charles! We hope it continues to prove worthy of such a trade.

PeterL

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning (reservation)
F-150 Ligthning and a Kia EV6.

Plus an electric lawn mower, chainsaw, weed whacker, and snowblower. Nothing gas-powered left.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
I replaced a 2010 Lariat when I bought my Lightning. We are considering replacing my wife's Honda Odyssey with a Kia EV9. I was notified yesterday that it will be here in February but I'm not convinced it will be an upgrade for our needs. The sliding doors of the Odyssey are great for our kids. My other concern is my wife having to deal with charging before the Tesla network is available.
We rented an Odyssey last year for a road trip to Disneyland. We were really impressed with it and are considering replacing our Pilot with it. But I'm so smitten with the Lightning that I want to get the Mrs. into an EV as well (and make us 100% electric). We need 3 rows since we carpool to school with another family though, so we (and by that I mean me) are looking at the EV9. Can't afford another $80k vehicle, so the starting price of the EV9 is more palatable. She only does city driving with it so we could live with a standard range. On the sliding door...well I have a very vivid memory of closing the sliding door on our Dodge minivan back in the 90's...with my head sticking half way out. Yup...I'm that talented.

Last edited:

jmc6020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat
I was looking at the EV9 to replace my wife's Pilot but she said no way. She thinks the EV9 is ugly.

Sponsored

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
I was looking at the EV9 to replace my wife's Pilot but she said no way. She thinks the EV9 is ugly.
I have a hunch my wife will feel the same. My plan is to show her a Rivian first, the EV9 isn't as drastic compared to those unsymmetrical ovals.

Joneii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Tesla MY
Add another Tesla/Ford combo to the list. Replaced my 2005 Ram 2500 diesel with the Lightning, replaced a 2004 Subaru Outback with the Model Y. We still have an 09 VW diesel with 230k miles on it because it is manual transmission. My daughter hasn’t turned 16 yet, but when she does she will learn 1, 2, and 3 pedal driving like my son has. At that point, the VW will probably go away, but we’ll still be using diesel for the tractor until Kubota makes an electric one! I have switched all the other tools to electric and don’t regret it at all.

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
Add another Tesla/Ford combo to the list. Replaced my 2005 Ram 2500 diesel with the Lightning, replaced a 2004 Subaru Outback with the Model Y. We still have an 09 VW diesel with 230k miles on it because it is manual transmission. My daughter hasn’t turned 16 yet, but when she does she will learn 1, 2, and 3 pedal driving like my son has. At that point, the VW will probably go away, but we’ll still be using diesel for the tractor until Kubota makes an electric one! I have switched all the other tools to electric and don’t regret it at all.
I don't think you will have to wait too long to replace the Kubota ;)

flyct

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-450 & F-250 Lightning & Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Blissfully Retired
Same here - Tesla and Lightning in the garage as of last month. I'm all electric except for a tractor and Stihl brush cutter now.
Same here, see my signature. Tesla and Lightning except for the Ford Diesel F-450 that is used to tow the 5th wheel.

Sponsored

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bolt, 16 XC90T8, 22 XC40 P8 Recharge, 17 Tacoma
22 Lariat Lightning, 22 Volvo XC40 EV, 16 Volvo XC90 PHEV (and I detest every time the ice turns on when there is adequate range to finish the trip). Recent past cars include 17 Tacoma, 19 bolt, 13 volt. My wife is not sure about being pure EV, but she never drives the ice vehicle, fills up the gas tank... I filled the tank in late January, the first time since late April. I worry about it not getting enough use, something I wouldn't care about with an EV. Selling the xc90 would pay off the truck.

Child 1 is almost 14 and child 2 is 12. Though safe cars, the lightning and Volvo don't seem like great choices for new drivers (they can go from safe to oh sh!t oops way too fast). Contemplating an ev9, though don't use the extra seats very often. Also like the ev6. When we got the xc40 we also drove a mach-e. Wife hated the mme (I don't know why) and loved the Volvo. Also considering another bolt or bolt euv for the kids (still have the all weather floor mats and a couple extra key fobs from our 2019 bolt).

Txxthie

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 TM3 RWD LFP
2 TMY’s and a Lightning. Non foundation CT dual motor will replace Lightning once prices drop to sub $80k. The CT is the best vehicle I have ever seen in person. It’s seriously impressive and pics don’t show that. I am also spoiled by Tesla OTA’s, autopilot and lack of service required.
Sponsored