• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Adds Multicontour Seat Removal Option

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150,Fusion, 2023 Lightning, 2022 Mach E
Seems like Platinums haven't been held up too much so not sure big a thing this really is.

https://fordauthority.com/2022/06/2022-ford-f-150-lightning-adds-multicontour-seat-removal-option/
Over the past several months, a number of Ford vehicles have seen certain non-critical features removed temporarily as the automaker continues to battle various supply chain issues. The purpose of this is to speed up deliveries in a time when many have been waiting months or even well over a year for their new vehicle. Now, sources familiar with the matter have told Ford Authority that this list has grown to include the recently-launched 2022 Ford F-150 Lightning, too.

2022 Ford F-150 Lightning production has been updated with a Multicontour seat removal option, though at the moment, it’s unclear if trucks that were previously slated to receive this particular feature will be required to add the option. Rather, it seems as if this option is merely a way for customers and/or dealers to speed up the delivery of their trucks by removing the Multicontour seat feature. This change only affects Platinum-trimmed F-150 Lightning pickups, which come with Multicontour seats as standard equipment.
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Example from @DevonD

NOTE these values are $Canadian

Ford F-150 Lightning 2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Adds Multicontour Seat Removal Option 1658953443714

Last edited:

FlasherZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Tesla Model X, F250 SD diesel 6.0
Ugh. It seems to me the value of those seats are more than $375, or $675 with full recline... What incremental value is left with Platinum over Lariat for $10k more? (Serious question, not rhetorical, for those who ordered Platinum?)

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
Ugh. It seems to me the value of those seats are more than $375, or $675 with full recline... What incremental value is left with Platinum over Lariat for $10k more? (Serious question, not rhetorical, for those who ordered Platinum?)
There is some value, but it depends on what you are looking for. For myself, I wanted the 18 speaker system, and the massaging seats. Plus I wasn't going to trade in the truck for a number of years so I wanted something that would "last" a bit longer. This truck is going to be a truck, and do truck things... not a "Pavement Princess".

RTanton

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Platinum
Major disappointment here. We ordered Platinum specifically for Active Motion seats and the window sticker clearly showed that. I have been comparing that window sticker(just prior to blend date 6/17) to the one shown on order tracking page. Just received a bump forward delivery date but window sticker does not now show Active Motion seat(it did yesterday). There was no credit shown for any deletion of Active Motion seats. Calling Ford was an exercise in futility as they had no idea why the window sticker changed, and they suggested I contact the dealer.
Sponsored