• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
I agree the plant expansion not being the reason for the reduction but maybe the LFP batteries in standard range models are helping a little in the price drop overall. I got my 23' XLT in January and the price drop of 5k from what I paid is good for future buyers but man that hurts my wallet.... I could only imagine how the people who paid 63k in the last couple months feel. Also we have yet to see any GM production roll out in any decent numbers so until we do I don't think Ford is dropping it for that reason.
LPF batteries are not being installed in the standard range trucks yet.
Sponsored

buttah_hustle

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Toyota Sienna, Future 2023 Ford Lightning Pro
From the article:
any Lightning currently on order, scheduled for production, or scheduled for delivery will effective today receive the price cut.

I've got a price-protected Pro already at the dealer, waiting for me to pick up next week. I'm not expecting a price drop since I already have the original pricing via price protection (but would not turn it down.) Any info if this change would affect my pricing?

Sponsored

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
LPF batteries are not being installed in the standard range trucks yet.
Well that is true but if you place an order today delivery isn't until October as stated on the site. I thought as of fourth quarter they were going to be installed I could be wrong idk

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning, Tesla Model Y, and more...
Occupation
Semi-retired electrical/computer/software engineer
There's gonna be some salty current '23 Lariat ER owners.....8k drop? Kinda like what Tesla pulled with their price drops...
I think most of us knew this would happen. Competition is heating up and most of the parts supply shortages are over. This puts prices back to where they were last fall. My Lariat went up $9500 just before I ordered and now it's down $9500. If I could have ordered about 2 weeks earlier, I could have got the $9500 price protection. So I think I was a lot more salty back then. I almost didn't order. I would not have bought after the price hike if I didn't desperately need a new truck.

Sponsored

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Well that is true but if you place an order today delivery isn't until October as stated on the site. I thought as of fourth quarter they were going to be installed I could be wrong idk
2024 model trucks. We don't know when '24 order banks will open. The 2023 order banks close end of next month I think as I recall Ford saying all reservation holders had until 8/30 to convert or their reservation will be canceled/refunded.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
As far as I know, LPF goes into Mach-E later this year and Lightning doesn't get it until 2024 model year.

intensifi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
It begins.

This will not be the last price reduction.

What are the odds this will be retroactive to all ‘23 owners and trucks on the lot?

So happy I walked from my reservation after the price hike.

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
But I'm guessing that a BlueCruise 3 year subscription has been removed and is now only a 90 day trial like it is for the 2023.5 Mach-E. I didn't see that mentioned. And what other "de-contenting" might have gone on?
Farley has been upfront about their moving to subscription based revenue model so it makes since.

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
What are the odds this will be retroactive to all ‘23 owners and trucks on the lot?
If you already bought, you're SOL. But for any trucks sitting on the lot, MSRP should be adjusted. Anyone who has an active order, truck I production, or not finalized their purchase should benefit from this.
Sponsored