• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

COrocket

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Looks like F stock is getting hammered as well. I’m assuming because of the price cuts?
Sponsored

pseudonym

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
hopeful lightning
From the article:
any Lightning currently on order, scheduled for production, or scheduled for delivery will effective today receive the price cut.
Where did you see that language? I didn't notice it in the Ford announcement.

I have an XLT out for delivery this coming week and I'm hoping that I'm "saved by the bell" and will have my pricing adjusted downward.

69kWh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Chevy Bolt EUV
A step in the right direction. This brings down the cost of the Lariat with Blue Cruise (closest thing to a Cyber Truck with Autopilot) to $66.690. Eventually I'd like to pick up a used Lightning in this configuration for around $55k (without a Branded Title :D)

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
From the article:
any Lightning currently on order, scheduled for production, or scheduled for delivery will effective today receive the price cut.

I've got a price-protected Pro already at the dealer, waiting for me to pick up next week. I'm not expecting a price drop since I already have the original pricing via price protection (but would not turn it down.) Any info if this change would affect my pricing?
Most dealers act like they don't know how to sell and get their money back from a price protected truck. They do it to screw the customer. If the new prices is pretty close, you can probably save yourself some headaches, by just taking the new prices and going from there. The dealer doesn't want to have to go through the motions on the previous price protections.

MichaelCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER, 22 Model 3 LR, 16 Stang GT
If you can find a Lightning Pro, or if Ford is even building them and you are low income, here in California you can have one for a bit over $22k

$49995- $5k EV Grant-$15K CVRP - $7500 Fed Tax

Let the dealer games continue.......
I just checked and CVRP tops up at $7.5K for low income. What $5K EV tax grant are you referring to? thanks. There is also local pollution control/utilities rebate typically from $500-3K in qualified areas.

I also see some programs for USED EV's. Maybe finding a good cheap Tesla/Ford may be a play for some.

Sponsored

pc500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
dodge ram
This may be disappointing for those that just bought it retail under the new price, but it's potentially very disappointing for those that deposited under old price bought under new and now it's down again.

DustyLifeless

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23-Ford Lightning, 17-Tesla Model S
I haven't even put 500 miles on mine, less than a month old. Am I first in the salty line?

*sigh*

lakeguy55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat, 2011 F-150, 98 Expedition
I haven't even put 500 miles on mine, less than a month old. Am I first in the salty line?

*sigh*
Nope, mines less than a week with only 102 miles (and was 46 when I got it!). I look at it like stock investing. If the stock drops significantly in value after you buy it. Nothing you can do so no value in agonizing about it. It's a bit less painful for me as I wouldn't qualify for federal rebate anyway.

derm

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F-150 Sport 4x4; Ordered F-150 Lighting Larit
Just my luck. Took delivery 2 weeks ago....😥

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
From the article:

I've got a price-protected Pro already at the dealer, waiting for me to pick up next week. I'm not expecting a price drop since I already have the original pricing via price protection (but would not turn it down.) Any info if this change would affect my pricing?
I'm in the same place. I was going to go look at my pro today and I really don't think I'm going to buy it because I'm also trying to buy a house (originally they were estimating fall deliveries for the pro). I'm a bit less upset now because I can order a new XLT for almost $10k less than I could before. Of course pricing can always charge but the beginning of next year, you will be able to apply the tax credit at the dealer.

Sponsored

petemill

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 ER Lariat +PRB +Unleashed, '11 ford escape v6
Occupation
Software
There's gonna be some salty current '23 Lariat ER owners.....8k drop? Kinda like what Tesla pulled with their price drops...
It's actually a 15k price drop when you factor in the tax incentive

Gaalpwrd

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Lightning #183/887, Lariat LR Antimatter
Occupation
Building stuff
There's gonna be some salty current '23 Lariat ER owners.....8k drop? Kinda like what Tesla pulled with their price drops...
Yep... super salty at the moment

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
So much for "conquest customers." We bought a '23 Mach e and a '23 F150 Lightning--our last Ford purchase was over 30 years ago. Here we are 7 months later and we could have saved $12k (or more) had we waited. As a matter of fact, the folks that took delivery on their '23 Mach e the business day after I took delivery on mine (Jan 2) got a rebate. When I called Ford Customer Service to ask why, if mine is the same MY, I didn't get the rebate as well, they said that they will check on it. Crickets. I love my Lariat but I am sure that I will love my next EV just as much--it just won't have a blue oval on it.
Ford had always had sales though. If you bought a truck in Jan 2018 and they had $7000 off MSRP and then in Feb 2018 they changed it to $10k off MSRP, you didn't get a refund. Why would you get a refund now?
Sponsored