• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Gaalpwrd

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Lightning #183/887, Lariat LR Antimatter
Occupation
Building stuff
Alright, need to vent: my truck was on a train for 3 weeks starting mid December of 22 which screwed me for the last tax credit. I told myself ok... that's what happens and sometimes such is life. Took deliver 12 January and 6 months later the truck gets reduced AND now qualifies for the tax credit, I'm straight up pissed.

I get that things happen, but this is now the second time I've effectively lost the federal tax credit because of Ford.

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
Hopefully everyone bought GAP coverage cause used prices just crashed and burned

data003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Computer Nerd
So much for "conquest customers." We bought a '23 Mach e and a '23 F150 Lightning--our last Ford purchase was over 30 years ago. Here we are 7 months later and we could have saved $12k (or more) had we waited. As a matter of fact, the folks that took delivery on their '23 Mach e the business day after I took delivery on mine (Jan 2) got a rebate. When I called Ford Customer Service to ask why, if mine is the same MY, I didn't get the rebate as well, they said that they will check on it. Crickets. I love my Lariat but I am sure that I will love my next EV just as much--it just won't have a blue oval on it.
No matter what brand you buy this could happen. Tesla screwed a lot of last year Model Y buyers with their price cuts this year.

Last edited:

Sponsored

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
A step in the right direction. This brings down the cost of the Lariat with Blue Cruise (closest thing to a Cyber Truck with Autopilot) to $66.690. Eventually I'd like to pick up a used Lightning in this configuration for around $55k (without a Branded Title :D)
Tesla base autopilot that is included is the same as the active cruise with lane centering, Ford call it co-pilot assist. It is optional on XLT. Tesla advanced autopilot is close to blue cruise in it's functionality and is a $6000 option on current vehicles. Tesla doesn't have hands free for advanced autopilot. Tesla 'full self driving' is a $15k option.

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
I've effectively lost the federal tax credit because of Ford.
Not true. You didnt get the tax credit because of disingenuous politicians that "believe" a $79,999k truck saves the planet but an $80,001k does not.

Last edited:

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
wondering how they are dealing with new trucks on the lot? local dealer has 3 Pro on lot with 65k MSRP on sticker
I should find out what the dealer says about my pro today. Although I should be price protected to a base MSRP of $46k. I'm curious how it will affect potential lease/options pricing though. Will it still calculate off the 66 MSRP that's on the window sticker.

Gaalpwrd

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Lightning #183/887, Lariat LR Antimatter
Occupation
Building stuff
Not true. You didnt get the tax credit because of disingenuous politicians that believes a $79,999k truck saves the planet but an $80,001k does not.
Got it, but Ford knew the limit and raised it above.... now it's below the threshold

Sponsored

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
If you were happy with the price you paid Friday then be happy with it today. Keep the truck and use it and get the value out of it that way.
Not sure that is how it works. Even if I was happy with my price, finding out that if i waited a day, week or month would have saved me $8000 - $10000 I would no longer be happy with that original happy price.

Thomas

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram
Occupation
Retired
Ford had always had sales though. If you bought a truck in Jan 2018 and they had $7000 off MSRP and then in Feb 2018 they changed it to $10k off MSRP, you didn't get a refund. Why would you get a refund now?
You are correct. Ford has been shady for a while.

viennaxmas

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
Got it, but Ford knew the limit and raised it above.... now it's below the threshold
Yep, same happened to me. Even worse:
I ordered last December with a MSRP of ~77,600. Then Ford raised the price and the Window Sticker stated 80,240 (both without destination charge). So I did lose the tax credit. And then, 2 days after I sign the contract Ford slashes prices. I don't even want the truck anymore.
Sponsored