• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

2023 F150 Lightning ER Lariat, $30k Discount, $49215 final selling price.

monsterlag

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, Tesla Model Y Performance
Hi all,

I had cashed out my SR XLT while the market was still solid. Now that Ford has brought some substantial discounts back along with POS Tax credit, I am tempted back into getting another one.

Pickup is set for tomorrow and I managed to secure a $30k total discount on a Lariat ER which includes the $7500 POS tax credit. I had a few questions for the gang here

1. What should I know about jumping back in?

2. How bad are the updates?

3. Has infotainment improved at all?

4. Does FordPass actually work reliably

5. Would the 18inch wheels be a significant range increase over the 20 inch wheels on the Lariat?

6. Have Service at dealers improved or are people still seeing ridiculous wait times for parts and engineers have to be flown in?

Thank you so much.

FAQ - 2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER Details:

• MSRP (Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price): $79,785
  • Selling Price: $69,965
  • Rebates Total: $13,250
  • POS (Point of Sale) Tax Credit: $7,500
  • Final Selling Price (After Rebates and Credits): $49,215
  • Balloon Loan Terms with FNYCU (First New York Federal Credit Union), Administered by AFG: $242 per month
Explanation of the Deal:

Breakdown of the $13,250 in Rebates:

• $7,500 direct Rebate Cash from Ford
  • $3,750 AZXD Plan Rebate for utilizing the X-Plan
  • $2,000 Private Offer via email from Ford
What's a Balloon Loan?

• It's similar to a lease in that you have low monthly payments, but you own the car. At the end of the term, you can either return the car or buy it out at the residual value. This option is available through select Credit Unions, like First New York FCU in my case. It's a strategic choice to mitigate potential depreciation risks.
Proof and Further Clarifications:

• The $7,500 POS rebate is applied as a down payment, which is how the credit is utilized in the deal.
  • And yes, the tax amount was indeed $5,597, a consequence of living in NY.

Ford F-150 Lightning 2023 F150 Lightning ER Lariat, $30k Discount, $49215 final selling price. IMG_6998.JPG

Ford F-150 Lightning 2023 F150 Lightning ER Lariat, $30k Discount, $49215 final selling price. IMG_7011
Sponsored

Last edited:

Kenny657

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
More details on the 30k discount please.

OP
OP
monsterlag

monsterlag

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

I can post more after pick up but I am unsure if a dealer will replicate. I will inquire with my dealer if there is actual interest here.

Whammy Bar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1971 F100 + 2022⚡Lariat ER
Occupation
Electrician
Hi all,

I had cashed out my SR XLT while the market was still solid. Now that Ford has brought some substantial discounts back along with POS Tax credit, I am temped back into getting another one.

Pickup is set for tomorrow and I managed to secure a $30k total discount on a Lariat ER which includes the $7500 POS tax credit. I had a few questions for the gang here

5. Would the 18inch wheels be a significant range increase over the 20 inch wheels on the Lariat?

6. Have Service at dealers improved or are people still seeing ridiculous wait times for parts and engineers have to be flown in?

Thank you so much.
1. Same problems as before, now with fewer standard features.
2. Still bad, assuming you get them.
3. No
4. Worse than before, especially if you're in the beta.
5. Not really, maybe a few %. Depends on tire profile, tread, and wheel+tire weight
6. My truck has the high voltage battery failure. No ETA on when I get it back.

Sponsored
OP
OP
monsterlag

monsterlag

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3. No
5. Not really, maybe a few %. Depends on tire profile, tread, and wheel+tire weight

That is damning. How many days have you been in the shop? Lemon law eligible?

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
3. No
It really is piss poor after 2 years.

BlueLightning

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 ⚡XLT SR
Occupation
Retired
Hi all,

I had cashed out my SR XLT while the market was still solid. Now that Ford has brought some substantial discounts back along with POS Tax credit, I am temped back into getting another one.

Thank you so much.
About the same,
Updates are only for Blue Cruze
Same
Unknown
Unknown
Depends on location.

Comes down to if you want all the bells and whistles get a Cybertruck and spend more that its worth.

If you want to save your $30K or more not getting a CT then go with Ford, LOL.

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
Love my Lariat! best vehicle I've ever owned and at almost 70 years old I've owned a lot. Also the most fun vehicle to drive I've ever owned including any of my 3 Corvetts (a '65, '78, and a brand new '85). and it will smoke any of them!

BlueLightning

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 ⚡XLT SR
Occupation
Retired
Deals are out there, just have to look for them, $42,490K after $7500 POS credit. LOL.

Ford F-150 Lightning 2023 F150 Lightning ER Lariat, $30k Discount, $49215 final selling price. IMG_5076

Sponsored

Jseis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
July 2021 SR MME, July 2023, Lightning Lariat
Love my Lariat! best vehicle I've ever owned and at almost 70 years old I've owned a lot. Also the most fun vehicle to drive I've ever owned including any of my 3 Corvetts (a '65, '78, and a brand new '85). and it will smoke any of them!

Yeah, the LT is the GT of pickup trucks. A true grand tourer with powah!

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space

1. Having the 9.6kW Pro Power is a delight for backing up the house or for remote power access.
2. Software updates seem to be improving after the Battery Monitoring Sensor is replaced on the 12Vdc battery negative post (free).
3. for me, Android Auto was improving wireless connection, but recently phone calls giving only static...sw update supposedly will fix. My Ford Navigation screen is shaky, so Google mapping is used.
4. Improvement is needed for FordPass, but folks seem to using Plug & Charge successfully at EA DCFCs.
5. Some believe bigger sidewalls help, but I have not seen any proof.
6. Too many reports of battery fails, so one needs to be tolerant of 1 month without use of the truck. Ford BEV team seems to reimburse for loaners. Dealers have long way to go to have trained staff and better attitudes.
And there is this:
ford-f-150-lightning-ranks-below-average-in-2024-ev-study

Lucky Larry

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning, RX 350, GMC SIERRA, Pontiac Solstice
I have had my lightning for 8 months now. I prefer to drive it as its quiet and fun to drive.
Updates are about the same, my last update was back in November and my battery monitor sensor has not been replaced yet.
I haven't had any problems with the infotainment system.
Ford Pass seems to work well for me, I'm using the android version.
I'm running 18 " wheels and winter tires right now and haven't noticed any range difference compared to the 22" summer wheels and tires. What i have noticed is the truck rides better on 18's.
I haven't had any problems with the truck that require a visit to the dealer so I can't comment on that just yet.
Sponsored