• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Price Protection After the Fact People

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Supposedly the sticker shows the higher price so that if the original person who ordered the vehicle backs out of the deal then the vehicle can be sold to a new person at the new higher price
Which is a load of bullshit. I can't think of any other retail product that I order at one price and then when it gets delivered they try to charge me a higher price.

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
Which is a load of bullshit. I can't think of any other retail product that I order at one price and then when it gets delivered they try to charge me a higher price.
Just telling you what I was told. It does sort of make sense for a new buyer. But I totally agree that your price should be what is on your order.

msadan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
The ADM was on the online invoice prior to the sale but was not on any of the documents at closing / delivery. My assumption at the time was that the dealership had changed their policy and was no longer adding ADMs. I don’t believe that I signed anything agreeing to the ADM. if I did then I’ll accept the $7100 price protection that I have received. If not then it just feels like an after the fact cash grab and I’ll want my $2k.
I got $2k less than I was owed. Dealer is claiming that they didn't add $2k ADM at time of sale so they subtracted it from the price protection money. I'm still working on getting that $2k, since I never signed anything agreeing to any ADM. So my dealer received the correct amount from Ford, they're just not passing it all along to me. I don't think I would believe your dealer's story about not receiving the correct amount from Ford.
Got my final $2K from the dealer today!

Last edited by a moderator:

regentscholar

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S '12, Model 3 '17, Ford '23 F-150 Pro
Took delivery at Capitol Ford dealership in San Jose, CA and the sales manager there said they "don't get" price protection from Ford corporate for the Lightnings (though he alluded to the fact it was possible in an IOU type contract when we had talked 3 months ago). I got the $7k private offer at time of sale but they said don't get your hopes up on any $9100 refund showing up in the future. I told them I'd be back in 2 months to follow up on their claim...

Sponsored

Its PJ Bia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning PRO
Took delivery at Capitol Ford dealership in San Jose, CA and the sales manager there said they "don't get" price protection from Ford corporate for the Lightnings (though he alluded to the fact it was possible in an IOU type contract when we had talked 3 months ago). I got the $7k private offer at time of sale but they said don't get your hopes up on any $9100 refund showing up in the future. I told them I'd be back in 2 months to follow up on their claim...
My dealership got my $9100 from Ford, so if they come back with a different number, something is up.

s_c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Owner
I reached out to my dealer via e-mail last Thursday at 94 days as most checks have come 45-90, with 110 being the highest I've seen reported.

They called Friday and said the funds have been allocated but Ford hasn't reconciled payment yet.

They claimed Ford payment/invoices have gotten backed up in the last couple months. This could just as easily be on the dealer end but I'll never know because this process has been anything but transparent (except for Tim Bartz).

While not amazing news I do consider it somewhat great as it's the closest thing to a confirmation I've gotten.

s_c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Owner
I reached out to my dealer via e-mail last Thursday at 94 days as most checks have come 45-90, with 110 being the highest I've seen reported.

They called Friday and said the funds have been allocated but Ford hasn't reconciled payment yet.

They claimed Ford payment/invoices have gotten backed up in the last couple months. This could just as easily be on the dealer end but I'll never know because this process has been anything but transparent (except for Tim Bartz).

While not amazing news I do consider it somewhat great as it's the closest thing to a confirmation I've gotten.
Got my check Friday. 109 days from purchase to refund check.

To summarize my case for reference, day 2 reservation, 2022 extender, 8/11/22 Pro order, truck came in Jan with PL325 price increase... argued with dealer for 3 weeks for price protection, on 2/13/23 completed transaction reluctantly with only a verbal agreement to price protection funds. Got the $5k on Friday.

abel408

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Pro
Got my check Friday. 109 days from purchase to refund check.

To summarize my case for reference, day 2 reservation, 2022 extender, 8/11/22 Pro order, truck came in Jan with PL325 price increase... argued with dealer for 3 weeks for price protection, on 2/13/23 completed transaction reluctantly with only a verbal agreement to price protection funds. Got the $5k on Friday.
That's awesome. Did you have to pester the Dealer to give you the check or did it just show up in the mail? I'm just about at day 50 since my purchase and I haven't received anything yet. I wish there was a way to look at the check status without asking the dealer if they received it or not. How would I know if they lied and said they haven't received anything when in fact they have?

s_c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Owner
That's awesome. Did you have to pester the Dealer to give you the check or did it just show up in the mail? I'm just about at day 50 since my purchase and I haven't received anything yet. I wish there was a way to look at the check status without asking the dealer if they received it or not. How would I know if they lied and said they haven't received anything when in fact they have?
Based on prior talks with the dealer I knew pestering would be only that, so I figured I wouldn’t get upset again until the time since purchase neared what the estimated payment timeframe was. Originally I was looking 45-60 days but following these threads I saw many getting paid around 80-90. When I was getting close to that I saw someone report 110 so I waited a little longer and bugged them around 90 days. They didn’t email back but I got a call saying the funds were coming in, then within a couple weeks got the check.

Sponsored

LTskier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
EVs
I have this in writing in my contract.
Can you share with me the language and where in the contract? I'm also in the bay area and having trouble getting this done with my dealer. I don't mind floating the price protection, but I want something in writing that the dealer will send me the price protection funds once (if) Ford pays them.

anthafied

First Name
Anthy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightning
Occupation
Firefighter paramedic
Can you share with me the language and where in the contract? I'm also in the bay area and having trouble getting this done with my dealer. I don't mind floating the price protection, but I want something in writing that the dealer will send me the price protection funds once (if) Ford pays them.
It was basically an I owe you signed by the dealership that said if Ford corporate paid the price protection to the dealer they would then write me a check for that balance. I had to follow up a few times, but ultimately I got my check.

regentscholar

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S '12, Model 3 '17, Ford '23 F-150 Pro
After the final sale, I continued to complain about no commitment about price protection and finally got the dealership's sales manager to write an e-mail to me saying when the vehicle is reinvoiced back to them they will forward on any price protection adjustments given from Ford Corporate. I'm at 30 days post-sale now and no info yet, not surprising given other folks' reports here but I'll give it another 30 days before I follow up again. I purchased with a CA Bay Area dealership as well.

alexose

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 C-Max, 1999 F150
Well, I'll be goddamned!

I got a call from my dealership today, more than six months after my purchase. They basically admitted to being wrong, and say they're going to cut me a check.

I'll believe it when I have the check in front of me. But wow, I'd given up hope at this point.

abel408

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Pro
I just received my $9,100 check from my dealer! About 100 days after I purchased the truck. I had to send an email to the dealer asking if they received it. They replied back immediately stating they just received it the previous day and will mail it out.
What a coincidence! /s
Sponsored