• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
So happy for you all!! Best of luck, hope they turn it on soon!

If Ford hold true to its plan this should be for PRO trim extenders only and will likely only allow a PRO trim selection.
Here's my question:

Were there any people who extended their reservation in order to buy a Lariat or Platinum? Otherwise, why would Ford say how much the "Personal Offer" would be for those?

I'm just guessing, but MAYBE they'll let people in this wave buy Lariats and Platinums if they want to. I mean, seems like most of us wouldn't do that since we waited for the Pro, but it also seems like Ford would probably be happy to turn some pros into Lariats/Platinums.

Guess we'll see!
Sponsored

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
I don't suppose if you go directly into the builder(while logged in) that the button at the bottom of the build price screen has changed from "Get Updates" to "Order"?
Worth a shot, but it still says "Get updates"

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150,Fusion, 2023 Lightning, 2022 Mach E
It suggests you can order any available trim, not just a pro that you extended for.

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F350 F250 F250 Taurus Cessna Super Air Natique
Occupation
Retired Engineer & Product Developer
Avalanche? New trim level. I think those waves don’t open till next year. Might trade my Platinum (which is now a Lariat with all the removals) in on one if GM can get it right.

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
I’m between carbonized gray metallic and avalanche
9.6 kW pro power onboard
Also a maybe on spray-in bed liner and probably skipping tow and charger
Ah, yes, 9.6kW Pro Power onboard I'll be ordering as well. It's a requirement to get max tow. And I think Max Tow is important even if you don't tow because it adds additional battery cooling capacity. I don't want to find out down the line that the charge curve is better in hot weather if you have max tow and I didn't buy it.

Oh, and I'm probably skipping the charger, too. I already have one at home and I'd rather get a faster portable one, like 40A instead of 30A.

Sponsored

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
Avalanche? New trim level. I think those waves don’t open till next year. Might trade my Platinum (which is now a Lariat with all the removals) in on one if GM can get it right.
Sorry, Avalanche is the color.

Everyone getting invited now specifically waited to get a Pro, so I left that off... and the Pro Power Onboard option, which I forgot about.

gymgeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Edge, 2023 F150L Pro
Occupation
IT Geek
Same thing for me as the others....

What I hope to order today
Pro
AMB
Tow Tech
Max Tow
Charger

claybird22

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Ah, yes, 9.6kW Pro Power onboard I'll be ordering as well. It's a requirement to get max tow. And I think Max Tow is important even if you don't tow because it adds additional battery cooling capacity. I don't want to find out down the line that the charge curve is better in hot weather if you have max tow and I didn't buy it.
That was a strong consideration, but might pass. No charger + 9.6kW pro power onboard + destination keeps MSRP under 50K!

OP
OP
Oneand0

Oneand0

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Badlands & F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Digital Investigator
I called my GM and he called me back a few ago and tried to get it into order on his end, but it's not available. So the whole system is on standby for now.

Sponsored

monsterlag

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, Tesla Model Y Performance
So excited for you all! It’s gonna be an excruciating wait but worth it in the end.

claybird22

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
They really are making us sit here long enough to rethink paying 50K for 2-way vinyl seats

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Here's my question:

Were there any people who extended their reservation in order to buy a Lariat or Platinum? Otherwise, why would Ford say how much the "Personal Offer" would be for those?

I'm just guessing, but MAYBE they'll let people in this wave buy Lariats and Platinums if they want to. I mean, seems like most of us wouldn't do that since we waited for the Pro, but it also seems like Ford would probably be happy to turn some pros into Lariats/Platinums.

Guess we'll see!
*IF* Ford is following the plan and going in rough order of reservation date--then almost all the invites would be wave 1 extensions and those would be primarily PROs since that trim was unavailable first. I guess someone could have elected to extend a Lariat/Platinum even to 2023 even though they got one offered, but imagining those are very few.

Again this is if Ford follows the plan which is a toss up. It follows that wave 2 would be primarily XLT extensions. (At least that was what they were planning according to Ford's press release).

monsterlag

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, Tesla Model Y Performance
Were there any people who extended their reservation in order to buy a Lariat or Platinum?
That wasn’t a thing. Lariat and Platinum were available during all the Waves. Pro was cut off after Wave 1 and XLT was cut off after Wave 2.

I am sure they will let you order whatever you want, Pro extension being first is due to that Trim being the first that was taken off.
Sponsored