• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Labs4Lightning

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 150 lariat, 22 lightning lariat blend 4/18/22
I met all of those except no parking brake and I did kick it off manually and it worked. Did the BSM reset and then turned the truck on and let it idle for an hour before running it manually.
I read your post #280 before calling the ota dept.

don’t think I haven’t tried every combination In 35+ failures. And how many other post I have I read with manual install as well.

truck already spent 28 days at dealer. Asked them to put this update in since it’s been failing, they didn’t.
Sponsored

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
I tried a few of the suggestions like changing the update to before 11pm, and turning on the parking brake, and turning off WiFi. Nothing.

The strange thing is getting that silly "Help us install you new Ford Power-Up" message each morning. It asks us for help, but doesn't say how, yet telling it to install it manually doesn't work.

It's funny how many people are having this problem. It works for some, not others. I wonder if it has anything to do with which configuration we have.

For what it's worth, mine is a Standard Range XLT with the 312A package (12" screen).

Drillerr

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ram Limited
The day after I got the distance to empty update (finally, 26 fails), I got this update. Maybe it will help with future update fails?
Ford F-150 Lightning Priority Update: 22-PU-1009-MIL-DTE Calculation IMG_0857

Reactions: GDN

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Developer
Still not updating, and still getting the alerts every night. Perhaps I need to take a long trip or something.

duncanmclain

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat ER
Occupation
Supreme Galactic Commander
I tried a manual update yesterday and walked off. When I got in truck this morning it showed no updates to install. So maybe it installed. How can I check to see if it installed?

Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
I tried a manual update yesterday and walked off. When I got in truck this morning it showed no updates to install. So maybe it installed. How can I check to see if it installed?
Charge it to 80+ percent. If it is has an unattainable DTE reading, it installed.

Farmford42

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
69 Bronco
Occupation
Farmer
It finally installed. Eventually the update stopped trying to install and then it sort of disappeared. My phone said it was still trying but it was not showing on the truck. About a week or two after that transition it re appeared in the truck. I did the battery management reset and the update ran at the scheduled time after failing once on manual update. I don’t know if the break was on or the other items listed in helping the update run.

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
Look what I got today!
Ford F-150 Lightning Priority Update: 22-PU-1009-MIL-DTE Calculation 20230207_105526

Noticed a download after a short drive and it installed on the first try :)

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Look what I got today!
20230207_105526.jpg

Welcome to December !! LOL. Maybe you'll fly through Jan and Feb pretty quick. Once the dam breaks it seems they'll come every other day or two. I guess enough time to get one installed and report back to the mothership.

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Developer
Mine quietly did the update last night.

There was no alerts in the App or on the dashboard, but when I checked the updates section, it finally said I'm up to date.

No idea why it took so long, but it's done.

I'm not sure if this helped, but this time I plugged in the night before and since my ChargePoint Flex is scheduled to turn on at midnight, I changed the update time to 2am, so it would be warmed up just before the updates started.

If nothing else, I hope one of the updates they put out improves the update process. I was getting tired of daily popups telling me Ford needed my help to install the update (and it never mentioned how to help).

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT

There was no alerts in the App or on the dashboard, but when I checked the updates section, it finally said I'm up to date.

I'm not sure if this helped, but this time I plugged in the night before and since my ChargePoint Flex is scheduled to turn on at midnight, I changed the update time to 2am, so it would be warmed up just before the updates started.

If nothing else, I hope one of the updates they put out improves the update process. I was getting tired of daily popups telling me Ford needed my help to install the update (and it never mentioned how to help).
Do you have a message saying specifically it is this update? and you are truly up to date. Ford is good at saying that, but there may be more. These updates should be leaving you a message in the app and they've been pretty good at saying this is "xxx update". I know the DTE did for me, maybe not for everyone.

There are several notes from the last 24 hours that the 3.x.x series started updating on the 12" screen trucks. That is the one with full screen car play.

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Developer
Do you have a message saying specifically it is this update? and you are truly up to date. Ford is good at saying that, but there may be more. These updates should be leaving you a message in the app and they've been pretty good at saying this is "xxx update". I know the DTE did for me, maybe not for everyone.

There are several notes from the last 24 hours that the 3.x.x series started updating on the 12" screen trucks. That is the one with full screen car play.
That's the odd thing. No messages on screen or in the App, but when I check for updates on the screen it specifically says I'm up to date, which it didn't do before.

Mine is the 12" screen and it definitely had the bigger CarPlay and Android Auto screens in the last update.

Reactions: GDN

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Look what I got today!
20230207_105526.jpg

Ford F-150 Lightning Priority Update: 22-PU-1009-MIL-DTE Calculation giphy

Labs4Lightning

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 150 lariat, 22 lightning lariat blend 4/18/22

@IdeaOfTheDayCom

congrats. I’m now at 50+ failures. This includes it being at the dealer for 12 days and asking it to be updated because it had already failed 25 times. At pickup it wasn’t on screen. Either cleared or deleted.

🤞🏻 that this week they can get it installed. Hopefully not another 10+ days.
it’s been with dealer 28 so far and not waiting for parts. Just bad dealer experience.
‘they have 2 EV techs and have sold many mach e & lightnings. So this isn’t new territor.

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Developer
@IdeaOfTheDayCom

congrats. I’m now at 50+ failures. This includes it being at the dealer for 12 days and asking it to be updated because it had already failed 25 times. At pickup it wasn’t on screen. Either cleared or deleted.

🤞🏻 that this week they can get it installed. Hopefully not another 10+ days.
it’s been with dealer 28 so far and not waiting for parts. Just bad dealer experience.
‘they have 2 EV techs and have sold many mach e & lightnings. So this isn’t new territor.
Software updates should be super easy. It's a closed system. It's not like updating Windows. We don't have third party apps and drivers that need to coexist.

They're all basically cookie cutter updates. If it works for one, it should install the same way in all of the same year / make / model.
Sponsored