• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Priority Update 22-PU0722-DC-CHG3

Has your truck received this update?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

EdRudy

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Lightning ER Iced Blue Silver
Occupation
IT
Received my update last night. No issues.
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Received my update today, when pulling out of the garage, the download must have been in process, while waiting for my wife in the driveway I did a check, it was still downloading at 0755 hrs.
Ford F-150 Lightning Priority Update 22-PU0722-DC-CHG3 1694784490488

By the time she got in and buckled down, the download was complete and ready to install, we were heading to Home Depot & the grocery for hurricane supplies so I closed the prompt to install now or edit my schedule.
Ford F-150 Lightning Priority Update 22-PU0722-DC-CHG3 1694784609794

Once we got or errands done, I let it install ~10 minutes and done, only a couple odd behaviors, the drivers cluster came up with the options to select MY SCREENS, reselected that, the Ford native navigation seemed to randomly pick the home depot lot as a destination for us to drive to, I had not set any destinations earlier nor after the update, I simply canceled the route, otherwise all else seems ok, my radio presets were not disturbed.

Ford F-150 Lightning Priority Update 22-PU0722-DC-CHG3 1694784832205

flyin525

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Seems like since I got this update the 24 hour clock keeps enabling after changing drive modes. I have to go to settings, (where its turned off) then turn it on and turn it off again to go back to 12 hr clock.

NCMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Red Lariat Lightning
I received this update finally. It downloaded yesterday and let me know last night it was ready to install. It installed automatically at my scheduled update time of 2:00am. my radio presets did NOT make it through the update. Apparently my truck is cursed and every OTA update I receive will wipe/reset my FM radio presets. This is getting old.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Maybe coincidence or haven't paid near enough attention to the turn signal sound, but do you folks hear a tick-tock sound in conjunction with the click-click sound, I'm hearing this after the update.

Sponsored

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Has anyone figured out what this update does yet?

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Changed my vote, got this update over the weekend. Notified and installed without issue.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Has anyone figured out what this update does yet?
Supposedly to improve the communications between the truck and the DCFC plug/system

Hammick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Just successfully installed this update today. Hopefully it improves the DC charging speed at the higher SOC levels.

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Just successfully installed this update today. Hopefully it improves the DC charging speed at the higher SOC levels.
I'm interested in your test results, but IMHO it's about initializing the connection than the rate of charge, but if it does improve ..... that's a bonus!

Bobert3222

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Business Owner
Received the notification for the update last night, I manually started it when I was home from work. This morning, when I turned on my truck I had about 85% charge on the batteries (normal) but my available power dropped to 51%. I then turned it on and off and it dropped to 56% available power. When my mile range was very low another time I think the lowest I’ve ever seen it get to was 90%. Anyone else have this happen?

Ford F-150 Lightning Priority Update 22-PU0722-DC-CHG3 060D13EF-3FEB-4D6E-AF45-73381E37150E

Pardon my dust…

Also, the mode does nothing to adjust it. I thought maybe Normal mode maybe got some “Eco” type thing that would throttle power to extend battery range. Not the case.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Received the notification for the update last night, I manually started it when I was home from work. This morning, when I turned on my truck I had about 85% charge on the batteries (normal) but my available power dropped to 51%. I then turned it on and off and it dropped to 56% available power. When my mile range was very low another time I think the lowest I’ve ever seen it get to was 90%. Anyone else have this happen?

060D13EF-3FEB-4D6E-AF45-73381E37150E.jpeg

Pardon my dust…

Also, the mode does nothing to adjust it. I thought maybe Normal mode maybe got some “Eco” type thing that would throttle power to extend battery range. Not the case.
let the truck sit for a few hours, with keys and PAAK enabled apps NOT nearby, a sleep cycle might clear it up, if it doesn't head to the dealership service.

Grease Lightning

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT
I bought my truck in the beginning of May 2023. I know there have been updates since then, particularly the one that shows the battery percentage, but I haven't received any of them. Not that they failed or anything, I've never gotten a notification for them at all.
i am in the same boat. I wish they would have a better way to allow a forced “get” like most tech devices. I also wish they would allow one of the carplay USBs to be a service port where I can just plug in the update and bamm!

Luckily I have the battery module service in a little over a week and will see if they will do all the updates then too😊

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
I'm interested in your test results, but IMHO it's about initializing the connection than the rate of charge, but if it does improve ..... that's a bonus!
Agree with Taxman.
These DC charging updates are normally to improve compatibility with various charging equipment. When Ford did improve the charge curve of the Mach-E via OTA, they were very keen to announce the fact.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.