• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Priority Update 22-PU0722-DC-CHG3

Has your truck received this update?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grease Lightning

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT
Agree with Taxman.
These DC charging updates are normally to improve compatibility with various charging equipment. When Ford did improve the charge curve of the Mach-E via OTA, they were very keen to announce the fact.
While it would be nice to have an updated charge curve that extended a little more of the max 150 kw rate, I don’t anticipate it anytime soon as it seems Ford is getting some data about our batteries still and appear to not be fully comfortable yet. The last thing they want is a Bolt or Leaf level battery recall in the future to make charging 5 minutes faster.
Sponsored

MM in SouthTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
My DC FC charge update is scheduled for Monday night. Yesterday I had a strange experience. I pulled up to an EA charger that I have used multiple times. Normally I activate it from the FordPass app and then plug-in. This time, the EA charge station did not appear on my FordPass app at all, so I couldn’t activate it. Instead I followed the on screen instructions to plug in my truck, and it initiated the charge all by itself, communicated with the truck, and charged my account at the end. Plug and play. Simple.

I’m wondering whether I actually got the DCFC update. Is there a way to check? Do others charge in this manner already?

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
My DC FC charge update is scheduled for Monday night. Yesterday I had a strange experience. I pulled up to an EA charger that I have used multiple times. Normally I activate it from the FordPass app and then plug-in. This time, the EA charge station did not appear on my FordPass app at all, so I couldn’t activate it. Instead I followed the on screen instructions to plug in my truck, and it initiated the charge all by itself, communicated with the truck, and charged my account at the end. Plug and play. Simple.

I’m wondering whether I actually got the DCFC update. Is there a way to check? Do others charge in this manner already?
The one time I tried P&C with my Lightning, it didn’t work, so I used the app. Maybe this update will fix it?

MM in SouthTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
OK, now I have a second EA station that is not on the FordPass app. This time the plug & charge did not work. So there are 2 EA stations that I have used multiple times that are no longer on the FordPass app.

I spent 45 minutes on the phone with Ford support. No help whatsoever. I had to download the EA app and subscribe to be able to use the EA Station. Does anyone know what’s going on between EA and Ford?

Forkinroad

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat
Has there been a noticible difference in reliability or performance?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Status
Not open for further replies.