• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Priority Update 22-PU0722-DC-CHG3

Has your truck received this update?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

chillaban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat
Just got it today, but truck hadn't been driven since 8/19. Again shows that you need to drive to get the updates.
Absolutely! Unlike a Tesla, I’ve never seen the Lightning wake itself up and get an update. Updates are only found when driving but if it starts downloading while driving, often times it’ll finish and apply after you park the vehicle.
Sponsored

LifeAsDane

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Lightning SR Lariat | 13' F150 EB Lariat
Occupation
Real Estate
Ever since ford replaced my 12v battery from update issues its been flawless at auto updating

SBENKO

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I bought my 2023 Lightning Lariat on June 17, 2023.
As far as I can tell, I have never received any updates. I did not subscribe to the AT&T cell service on the truck, but it is hooked up to the house WiFi.

Ford F-150 Lightning Priority Update 22-PU0722-DC-CHG3 20230904_124833

Labs4Lightning

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 150 lariat, 22 lightning lariat blend 4/18/22
I really want to know how they roll these updates out. I've never gotten any update on my truck...
@jdmackes
define never.

couple of weeks, couple of months?

roll out in groups of Vins. Doesn’t seem to have a particular order.

Labs4Lightning

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 150 lariat, 22 lightning lariat blend 4/18/22
I bought my 2023 Lightning Lariat on June 17, 2023.
As far as I can tell, I have never received any updates. I did not subscribe to the AT&T cell service on the truck, but it is hooked up to the house WiFi.

20230904_124833.jpg
@SBENKO

that’s not a particularly long time.

to quote Yoda “Patience you must have, my young Padawan”

the nonsense Ford told me when I had an install error. “They will just come”

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I did not subscribe to the AT&T cell service on the truck, but it is hooked up to the house WiFi.
The trucks built-in AT&T based telematics is a separate cell channel that comes with the truck, the other AT&T based cell is a separate channel that is sharable by the trucks internal wifi, no need to subscribe to it.

The trucks built in wifi router can connect to nearby wifi networks which you've done, I have as well but can't be certain that it's improved the probability that a download of updates comes via that channel

SBENKO

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Retired
The trucks built-in AT&T based telematics is a separate cell channel that comes with the truck, the other AT&T based cell is a separate channel that is sharable by the trucks internal wifi, no need to subscribe to it.

The trucks built in wifi router can connect to nearby wifi networks which you've done, I have as well but can't be certain that it's improved the probability that a download of updates comes via that channel
That explains alot, thanks!

jdmackes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
@jdmackes
define never.

couple of weeks, couple of months?

roll out in groups of Vins. Doesn’t seem to have a particular order.
I bought my truck in the beginning of May 2023. I know there have been updates since then, particularly the one that shows the battery percentage, but I haven't received any of them. Not that they failed or anything, I've never gotten a notification for them at all.

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
I bought my truck in the beginning of May 2023. I know there have been updates since then, particularly the one that shows the battery percentage, but I haven't received any of them. Not that they failed or anything, I've never gotten a notification for them at all.
Send me a PM with your VIN and I'll check Oasis and FDRS to see what is there.

Sponsored

YellowGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Same thing. I have not received any updates and none are available in the UI. I've had the truck since early July. I also can't see how to tell what version I have, but I do think I'm behind since I do not have the battery percentage either.

Puffoluffagus

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lariat ER
I had a January build ER lariat. I didn't take delivery until April. I've had two updates since then with the last one being in July. But none since, including the battery percentage one. Figure I'd continue to wait and see what shakes out.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
But none since, including the battery percentage one. Figure I'd continue to wait and see what shakes out.
Same for me, just glad that I'm usually about 2/3 of the way into the roll out schedule on just about every update, this gives me time to see how it's going with the first wave.

lakeguy55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat, 2011 F-150, 98 Expedition
Same thing. I have not received any updates and none are available in the UI. I've had the truck since early July. I also can't see how to tell what version I have, but I do think I'm behind since I do not have the battery percentage either.
Also since July, no updates offered yet.

Based on the earlier replies, I wonder how long before I get anything anyway. Where I live, we have zero cell coverage, and most of the areas I drive in it's spotty at best. At home we do have a "mini-tower" that provides a cell signal via internet. It may be that will work for an update, only time will tell.

jerock

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Pulled in the garage & when I turned off the vehicle I noticed the update is scheduled for 1am message. Restarted the truck & set it to update now. It updated without a hitch. Wish they'd all me that easy.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.