• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

According to Kyle Conner it starts TODAY!

Sponsored

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
@TaxmanHog You cold bro? You look a little chilly my man! lol!
Ford F-150 Lightning According to Kyle Conner it starts TODAY! Screenshot 2024-02-29 at 11.09.36 AM

edit - updated with Taxman's pretty mug!

Last edited:

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
I'm not denying that. He just doesn't need to be a pompous ass too.
I've seen worse on YT (don't use twitter). Don't know that I'd say he's pompous, I reserve that for people who think they are better than others. Kyle is very smart and definitely has a large ego, but I have no problem watching most of his videos (yes even the 2 hour ones). My biggest beef is when he pushes his ideal EV features on us as if they are the only way it should be done. I'd like to see him tone that down a notch and just state his opinion as an opinion.

petemill

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 ER Lariat +PRB +Unleashed, '11 ford escape v6
Occupation
Software
The question is if the A2Z adapter also works with non-Fords. Since many Fords don't have the Supercharger software update yet anyway then if it works without it then I'd imagine it'll work with non-Fords.

Sponsored

Mmiketa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER
The question is if the A2Z adapter also works with non-Fords. Since many Fords don't have the Supercharger software update yet anyway then if it works without it then I'd imagine it'll work with non-Fords.
My assumption is that the update is only for plug and charge. The charger is still validating the VIN through the CCS protocol when plugged in. I guess we will see when someone goes and tries.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
@TaxmanHog You cold bro? You look a little chilly my man! lol!
Screenshot 2024-02-29 at 11.09.36 AM.png

edit - updated with Taxman's pretty mug!
HAhhha, yes it was a chilly morning when I arrived around 6am, got myself a large hot Dunks to warm up, then a hot cup of WaWa coffee after the charging session for the ride home, thank you Jake from FoMoCO!!!!!

We have had a wild & mild winter in the northeast, two days ago riding the Harley and then rain, flurries and freezing, I'm ready for spring!

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
My assumption is that the update is only for plug and charge. The charger is still validating the VIN through the CCS protocol when plugged in. I guess we will see when someone goes and tries.
We've seen Fords succeed with the third party adapters, now someone should try to fool the Tesla app with a Hummer or other CCS vehicle, not certain it's going to work, as the revised Tesla app circa today has additional profiling options for non-tesla vehicles focusing only on Ford at the moment.
Sponsored