• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Active Air Dam System Fault

Oneand0

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Badlands & F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Digital Investigator
Does this fault affect our mileage?? Coming home from Oregon it errored out, on a downgrade, and it wouldn’t get better than 1.7 on some downgrades I would get 1.9 easy in the sierras. Anyone experience similar with this error?
Sponsored

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
I wouldn't worry about it, there's little you can do about it since the action only happens after 45mph, so there's nothing you can 'check' when it is sitting still... it either works, or it doesn't, but I don't think it's a big aero-saver, either, over short term miles...

I believe the error is due to the two motors not being in 'sync' when they try to move the aero-dam down, at 45mph. I don't think it means it NEVER works, it just couldn't do it's job THAT time.

Peddyr

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat SR
It's odd, but since the warm weather arrived, I haven't had one Air Damn fault warning. I was getting them every day during the winter.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
It's odd, but since the warm weather arrived, I haven't had one Air Damn fault warning. I was getting them every day during the winter.
I'm wondering if they slid in another OTA to minimize the false reporting many of us experienced last winter? This brutal winter should be proof that software fixed most issues while real mechanical problems could still occur.

Who764

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
My active air dam system fault messages have increased over the past 2 or 3 months. I get a warning every time I'm driving now...sometimes within my first 5 minutes, sometime after 30 minutes of driving. I used to get the message one or twice a week.

Sponsored

Beans

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura RDX, Toyota 4 Runner
I had a bad actuator that the dealer replaced. No errors since being replaced two months ago.

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
I had a bad actuator that the dealer replaced. No errors since being replaced two months ago.
MANY dealers replaced the actuators instead of following the TSB and just updating software. Not saying that is true for your case, just a general statement that the part replacement paid out more than software

MRButtler

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Lightning
I don't get the warning anymore, even though it's visibly broken.

BP from C137

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT ER ; 2022 Polestar 2
I got this error just a few miles away from the dealership the day that I bought mine. I ignored it because I have been reading what has been posted here. Someone suggested silicone lubricant. I did that on each side and haven't had the error ever since.

Sponsored

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
I got this error just a few miles away from the dealership the day that I bought mine. I ignored it because I have been reading what has been posted here. Someone suggested silicone lubricant. I did that on each side and haven't had the error ever since.
That also works. The fault tolerance was set a millisecond to fast so by helping it slide easier it fixed the issue. And then with the updated software it will get fully fixed by the time you need more silicone

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
My active air dam system fault messages have increased over the past 2 or 3 months. I get a warning every time I'm driving now...sometimes within my first 5 minutes, sometime after 30 minutes of driving. I used to get the message one or twice a week.
Good morning! If you send over a DM with your VIN and Ford dealer info, I can look into your concerns on my end.