• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Viet658

First Name
Viet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3, 2022 Lightning Lariat ER

tommolog

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat, 2023 Rivian R1S
Occupation
Journalist
Hello everyone. I just posted my tire review video in which I compared the Lightning's stock General Grabber all-season tires to BFGoodrich K02 all-terrain tires to demonstrate the potential range loss when the tires have a more aggressive tread.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
I know the factory AT tire is a pretty mild tread but do you have a comparison against those as well?

skyak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F250, 911, Lightning
I image the 0.3 mile difference was probably due to slight difference in tire diameter?

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
I image the 0.3 mile difference was probably due to slight difference in tire diameter?
.0012%. — 1580 feet over 256 miles = mighty damn close, :) which could also be interpolated variance because the vehicle reports to only one decimal point

Sponsored

Bandit216

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE, Lightning Lariat
For your range tests, have you considered using an ODB reader and the Car Scanner app to build a screen that displays the batteries actual kWh remaining? You can display it on the Lightning's center screen and it gives an exact battery capacity rather than the less accurate GOM and % remaining.

Ford F-150 Lightning All-Season tires vs All-Terrain tires comparison on F-150 Lightning Lightning Car Scanner A

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
For your range tests, have you considered using an ODB reader and the Car Scanner app to build a screen that displays the batteries actual kWh remaining? You can display it on the Lightning's center screen and it gives an exact battery capacity rather than the less accurate GOM and % remaining.
I really need to get around to doing this.

mb0220

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER
I replaced the stock tires with Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/T size 285/60r20 mounted on 20x9 rims with +20 offset. (Stock wheel offset is +44.) I am noticing a fairly substantial efficiency reduction, like >10%.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
I replaced the stock tires with Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/T size 285/60r20 mounted on 20x9 rims with +20 offset. (Stock wheel offset is +44.) I am noticing a fairly substantial efficiency reduction, like >10%.
I'd guess that combination will take the same toll on an ice truck

Sponsored

mb0220

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER
I'd guess that combination will take the same toll on an ice truck
Agreed... It's the same as when folks talk about towing. The efficiency effects are basically the same between EV and ICE. Some may think I'm crazy to run these tires, but I rarely drive far enough to make range a question, and the additional cost per mile is small. I enjoy the aggressive look of the tires and I like the peace of mind of added capability in adverse conditions.

roddiaz1

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER Carbonized Grey

Ford F-150 Lightning All-Season tires vs All-Terrain tires comparison on F-150 Lightning lightning-car-scanner-app-
WAIT!!! How is this done?
Curious minds want to know.
Seriously, where can I find how to do this?
Thanks

bigskylightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat (Extended Range)

Lightning Car Scanner App.jpg
Awesome - what app specifically are you using for this? It looks like, from the icon, that its this one.
Also, what scanner do you recommend? Would love to have this capability. Thanks.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician

Lightning Car Scanner App.jpg
-40 degrees? You live next to Santa Claus?