• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
Let me say it here. I definitely want the Pro version. I don't even want the extended battery if it was available for non-fleet.
I might buy the extended battery (if it was available) because the charging is so much faster and the towing range on the SR may make just reaching between chargers kinda difficult, BUT I'm definitely in on the Pro, also.
Sponsored

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
I just came from the event, and I can say it was worth getting lots of questions answered.

1. They learned from the failures of opening up orders for Bronco and Mach E. They will do it in waves based on when you placed your reservation. If you placed it in the first hour, you get the chance to order your vehicle before the person who did it a month later.
So maybe shorter order windows, but more of them?

Also, less than 10% wanted the pro or base version.
Uh oh. Maybe I'm paranoid, but this sounds like laying the ground work for a "Well, no one wanted it anyway, so to keep things simple, we're not going to make the Pro until 2023."

5. As for order confirmation, they plan to have a feedback loop with you to let you know if you have a more Popular order configuration and if you want to change anything to get it faster. You will have to sign a waiver to move the order process into the dealer's hands ( I assume this will get you a better place in line, but it also leaves the opportunity for the dealer to mark up the price). I plan to do everything online and involve my dealer only for pickup
That's a good idea if they can make it work. Like, telling people, "hey, the hardtops are the holdup, want to switch without losing your spot?" I assume.

Thanks for the info!

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
The 80amp charger is probably worth $2000-3000. At average $0.40/ kwh charging that better be a hell of a lot of kwh free. I would think they'll give you the free Dcfc on top of the 80amp pro charger
I think they are already giving 250 kWh. That's roughly worth $100. To cover $2,000, they'd have to give out 5,000 kWh. If they are limiting the free kWh to 2 years, many of us wouldn't be able to use them all.

Sponsored

Snappy22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, Honda CRV
If the max is 150kW, then it holds that all the way to 80%... otherwise, it's not getting from 15% to 80% (~104kW) in just 41 mins.

Great info. Thanks for doing this!
If this is charge rate for ER battery, what is the slower rate for SR battery?

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L ER Lariat - 2022 Tesla Model Y LR
Occupation
General Manager - Factory Select Homes
Thanks so much F150express and hikinbengal for the great insight you have provided us all.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
Gosh I hope not, I am on the pro band wagon.
I don't think the base trim will disappear, especially for orders. There's a great deal of publicity value value in saying that you can have a full size EV truck for under $40K. If it's true that they expect on 10% to be bought in base trim, Ford will make enough money on Lariats and Platinums to cover limited profit on Pros.

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
If this is charge rate for ER battery, what is the slower rate for SR battery?
They say both max out at 150kW, but the ER would have to AVERAGE 150kW to do 15-80% in 41 mins.

For the SR, at ~115kWh total, 15-80% is ~75kWh.

So, SR adds ~75kWh in 44 mins, averaging ~100kW.

ER adds ~104kWh in 41 mins, averaging ~150kW.

So, they supposedly have the same peak, but the ER is effectively charging 50% faster. A little less because it's *slightly* less efficient, but it's substantial.

That's my estimate, anyway, based on the info we have.

minirx7

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat Sport 502A Screw Max Tow 3.5L
Thank you for the info! Very exciting!

Really would like to see what the payload would be on a typical mid grade Lariat, and impact to range when towing. Based on how the model X reacted with a towing, range is cut by more than half!

Sponsored

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Gosh I hope not, I am on the pro band wagon.
FWIW I don't know how Ford classifies business or fleet vehicles when they say that items are only available for fleet/commercial customers.

About 6 yrs back I bought a Ford Transit cargo van to transport my dogs.. I bought it in my own name, insured and plated it the same in my own name. The only difference I saw was I had to talk to the "commercial truck" guy to make the urchase--but other than that the dealer couldn't care less if I was Joe Q public or Joe Q Plumber.

Where I'm going with this is how would Ford know(or would they care) if you were just a regular guy trying to buy a fleet or commercial Lightning in order to get the configuration/options you want? Can a fleet vehicle simply be one vehicle? Would you ever have to "prove" you were a business or buy in a business name? (FWIW you could mow lawns a few weekends and have a "business").

Just food for thought...

jbirdzee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Pro ER
Occupation
Engineer
Uh oh. Maybe I'm paranoid, but this sounds like laying the ground work for a "Well, no one wanted it anyway, so to keep things simple, we're not going to make the Pro until 2023."
Thanks for the info!
I was thinking the same thing. To me it seems this could go a couple of ways. First is that they are certain to recover more of their expense by selling the Lariat and Platinum trims, as the features grouped with those yield higher profits to them. My second thought that might contradict the first a bit is that is that with battery production capacity likely to be a factor, they may want to push less ER versions so they can make more trucks with their allocation of batteries. I don't want to get attacked here - just my personal opinion with nothing to back that up.

I wasn't included in Ford's survey about trim packages when that was circulating. If you had a uniform mix of reservations surveyed, that works out to less than 12000 people (10% of the 120,000 reservations) interested in a $33000 crew cab 4wd electric pickup truck (after incentives). That is surprising to me.

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
I was thinking the same thing. To me it seems this could go a couple of ways. First is that they are certain to recover more of their expense by selling the Lariat and Platinum trims, as the features grouped with those yield higher profits to them. My second thought that might contradict the first a bit is that is that with battery production capacity likely to be a factor, they may want to push less ER versions so they can make more trucks with their allocation of batteries. I don't want to get attacked here - just my personal opinion with nothing to back that up.
Agreed. I totally understand why Ford would, when battery constrained, want to sell as many high-margin Lariats and Platinums as possible. It makes complete sense from a profit standpoint. Even better if they're standard range Lariats or similar, because they can build 1.5 SR Lariats with the batteries from 1 ER Pro, for instance, but get $90k (SR Lariat price x 1.5) instead of $50k (ER Pro).

So, as a shareholder, I totally get why they'd push that direction or delay the Pros, but as a reservation holder, I'd be really disappointed.

I wasn't included in Ford's survey about trim packages when that was circulating. If you had a uniform mix of reservations surveyed, that works out to less than 12000 people (10% of the 120,000 reservations) interested in a $33000 crew cab 4wd electric pickup truck (after incentives). That is surprising to me.
Really surprising to me, too. Maybe because no fleet customers were included? The Pro is clearly the best value, so it's surprising to me, but I'm not a "normal" F-150 customer, so maybe I have a different mindset (and apparently budget!) than most reservation holders.

TXLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
I don’t believe the 10% Pro number for a minute. No way, no how. EVERY headline was “40k Lightning”. A HUGE percentage of the reservations had to be people wanting a 40k Lightning.