• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Any guesses on when XLT might become available again?

pseudonym

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
hopeful lightning
I was invited to order on 12/15 but missed out on the XLT at that time because they were all snatched up in 48 hours. I wasn't quick enough. My reservation has since been extended out to 2/9/23. Do we have any insight into the timing of the next wave and whether or not any XLTs might become available again?
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Last I heard from Tim fordvideoguy was that there are still opportunities for XLT in up coming order waves but you have to be Lightning fast on the draw, as you noted they run out quickly.

He also mentioned PRO is sold out for the rest of MY23, so he suggested those holding out exclusively for that cut bait and collect their reservation deposit.

No idea when next wave will happen, keep a watch on your emails

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning, Tesla Model Y, and more...
Occupation
Semi-retired electrical/computer/software engineer
Ford has confirmed the PRO is sold out for MY23. XLT will be available in limited quantities, but like @TaxmanHog is saying, you gotta be Lightning fast when the ordering opens. If you're considering the ER battery in any way, just go Lariat as the cost differential isn't much at that point and you know you can order one.

...A Lariat SR isn't much more than the XLT if you're adding 9.6kW ProPower and a few other options to the XLT. So ER battery or not, unless you're trying to keep that XLT as bare as you can make it, just get the Lariat instead of waiting.

Last edited:

wighty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT (SR 311A), 2023 Genesis GV60
Ford has confirmed the PRO is sold out for MY23. XLT will be available in limited quantities, but like @TaxmanHog is saying, you gotta be Lightning fast when the ordering opens. If you're considering the ER battery in any way, just go Lariat as the cost differential isn't much at that point and you know you can order one.

...A Lariat SR isn't much more than the XLT if you're adding 9.6kW ProPower and a few other options to the XLT. So ER battery or not, unless you're trying to keep that XLT as bare as you can make it, just get the Lariat instead of waiting.
You are right the cost differential isn't much, but I do know some people prefer the 12" screen and buttons over the more touch oriented 15" (myself included).

mr.Magoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER, AMB
https://www.ford.com/trucks/f150/f150-lightning/
Ford said:
Due to high demand, the current model year is no longer available for retail order. Contact your dealer for more information.
I suppose one can interpret this statement in many ways, but if they're indeed done with retail orders for MY2023 then I would think it's safe to say you won't see any XLTs

Sponsored
OP
OP

pseudonym

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
hopeful lightning
Thanks everyone. The tricky part for me is that I have an open invitation to order and don't expect to receive an email when the next wave might open up.

Short of checking my Ford account every day, I'm not sure how to monitor this effectively. Any suggestions?

FatmanOSU

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 XLT Lightning, 2022 Bronco Sport
Occupation
Sales
I am a button man here. That is why I want the XLT. I was wave 3, but was unable to order. Due to dealerships changing hands and shutting down I am on my 4th dealership. Actually was not invited to the current wave, :rolleyes::cautious::oops:

gymgeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Edge, 2023 F150L Pro
Occupation
IT Geek
I am a button man here. That is why I want the XLT. I was wave 3, but was unable to order. Due to dealerships changing hands and shutting down I am on my 4th dealership. Actually was not invited to the current wave, :rolleyes::cautious::oops:
I'm an OSU fan, so I like your name :-D

TechTutor

First Name
Rik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘15 GMC Sierra / ‘02 Spec V
Occupation
Technology installation & training
I had to cut bait & cancel, I wanted a Pro, but could have gone with XLT - but….the 2 consecutive cost increases have unfortunately priced me out of the market, as I wasn’t invited to order in the earlier waves ( even with a day 1 reservation - thanks Ford for the dealer priority list bul$hit )

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Thanks everyone. The tricky part for me is that I have an open invitation to order and don't expect to receive an email when the next wave might open up.

Short of checking my Ford account every day, I'm not sure how to monitor this effectively. Any suggestions?
Around 1 pm each day take a look your ford.com reservation page, last year the early order waves an order/builder process appeared when you logged in to review your reservation.

Sponsored

Dadvikefan

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016CmaxEnergi,2017,FusionSE,Future Lightning
Occupation
Chef
Got an order email today.
Lariat/ Platinum only.
Pro sold out
Xlt currently closed no online ordering

Just fyi

uniblab

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning XLT SR , '93 Mustang GT, '11 E450
I got the same e-mail and saw the same thing online - Pro sold out (which I expected) and XLT "Currently closed, Online ordering unavailable" with a big "Contact Dealer" button underneath.

Well, if "online" ordering is unavailable, maybe I can order an XLT from the dealership? I stopped by and asked them - they said possibly if I turn over my reservation to them. If I do so I will permanently lose the ability to order online. I also called Ford and they said to keep checking back, as they have seen the XLT "open back up" for online ordering.

I don't know who to believe. I really dislike being forced to pay more for things I like less (leather seats, power tailgate, tablet display). I'm tempted to let the dealership order for me and pray they can get me an XLT.

wilmerfjohnson

First Name
Wilmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT SR,2021 Bronco, 2018 Fusion, 2009 Mariner
I got the same e-mail and saw the same thing online - Pro sold out (which I expected) and XLT "Currently closed, Online ordering unavailable" with a big "Contact Dealer" button underneath.

Well, if "online" ordering is unavailable, maybe I can order an XLT from the dealership? I stopped by and asked them - they said possibly if I turn over my reservation to them. If I do so I will permanently lose the ability to order online. I also called Ford and they said to keep checking back, as they have seen the XLT "open back up" for online ordering.

I don't know who to believe. I really dislike being forced to pay more for things I like less (leather seats, power tailgate, tablet display). I'm tempted to let the dealership order for me and pray they can get me an XLT.
Hi - that's how I got my 2023 XLT. I had to allow my dealer to take over the reservation and 'give up' my ability to order online. It worked out fine. The language used to describe the process made me a little hesitant, but at the time (Sept 2022) I was locked in to that dealer anyway because I could no longer move my reservation to a different dealer.

The XLT is great. I drove the dealer's Lariat manequin for a few days and the ride and comfort XLT vs Lariat is the same. I am covering the seats so the leather vs cloth seats is not an issue. I like the XLT touch screen better than the Lariat's - but that may be because the XLT screen is similar to the screen on my Bronco.

However, if you can only get a Lariat - I don't think you will be disappointed.

uniblab

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning XLT SR , '93 Mustang GT, '11 E450
So you're saying there's a chance? =-)

Thanks for replying Wilmer - that is all I needed to hear. I'm calling my dealer at 9am sharp this morning and will attempt to order an XLT through them. Antimatter blue, standard battery, 311A +Tow Technology +Max Trailer Tow +9.6KW Pro Power.

Any other hints/tips/tricks for the ordering process will be appreciated. One thing I'm still unclear on is whether I am going to get the onboard scales - I want them in a bad way but it's unclear if I can get them.

wilmerfjohnson

First Name
Wilmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT SR,2021 Bronco, 2018 Fusion, 2009 Mariner
So you're saying there's a chance? =-)

Thanks for replying Wilmer - that is all I needed to hear. I'm calling my dealer at 9am sharp this morning and will attempt to order an XLT through them. Antimatter blue, standard battery, 311A +Tow Technology +Max Trailer Tow +9.6KW Pro Power.

Any other hints/tips/tricks for the ordering process will be appreciated. One thing I'm still unclear on is whether I am going to get the onboard scales - I want them in a bad way but it's unclear if I can get them.
Good luck!

When I converted in Sept, the onboard scales/smart hitch removal was required. I haven't been following 2023 options since then, but I think it is unlikely that Ford would pull the option in Sept and add it back 4 months later. I've never had onboard scales or a smart hitch and got along fine without them.

Lessons learned? Well hopefully you locked in today so any ordering hints are not relevant.

If you are thinking bed liner, order it with the truck for factory install. The correct part # for the Lightning was not easy for parts to find, and then it was a "let's order it and you can pay for it if it fits" deal.

I got a pleasant surprise on delivery, I didn't order the tailgate lock but it came with one from the factory anyway. My guess is it is a misbuild in my favor, but it is easy to add later so it may be worth rolling the dice and not ordering the lock.

Also, at delivery ask the dealer to "run the VIN through VINCENT" - I didn't get any private cash offer email, but VINCENT showed there was a significant rebate, again I didn't ask questions but guessing it is because I reserved a 2022 and deferred. No guarantees here either, but worth asking at delivery.

There is a lot of chatter here about 'stubby antennas' - I asked the dealer to save the transport plug during prep. It is a super short plastic piece that keeps water out of the antenna bung, sticks out maybe 1/2". Perfect for me, as I can still get the local radio stations with the plastic plug installed and the antenna stays under the back seat if I need it.

I included the mobile charge cord. No regrets, it works but it is a bit clumsy. If I did it again I would pass. I ended up ordering a Lectron L1 charge cord and keep that in the truck instead of the Ford charge cord.

Good luck!
Sponsored