• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Anyone else notice the leather seats in Lariat trim wear poorly?

MRButtler

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Lightning
I'm curious how many owners put things (like a wallet) in their back pocket.
Sponsored

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX LR; Prius Prime
Material inside Lariat is not as good as I expected in a $80k truck. The leather looks/feels cheap, so as other materials (plastic feeling), the audio is also pretty crappy.

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
Has anyone looked under their seat? There are six plastic clips that hold the leather to the frame. On my drivers seat all three clips on the right side where not attached to anything.

They are a PIA to get back on. I got all three back on but one came loose again almost immediately. Looks like be easiest to take the seat out and reconnect while you can see everything from underneath. That’s my next step.
I think we need to pay attention to this. I have same thing. I’ve had bigger problems than the seats, but revisited this after getting truck back. The whole right side of seat is not connected. Not sure if I should try or notify dealership.

Sponsored

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
Following what @Akbrian says as well. I wonder if tightening the clips and making them stay on the bottom of the seat will fix it?
That's what I want to try, but I can't get my fat fingers in there to do it. Not really wanting to remove seat and since last time the truck went in for repair it was 35 days before I got it back. So I'm living with the wrinkle for now 😁.

Simsonic

First Name
Sebastian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
That's what I want to try, but I can't get my fat fingers in there to do it. Not really wanting to remove seat and since last time the truck went in for repair it was 35 days before I got it back. So I'm living with the wrinkle for now 😁.
HAHA. And I have way too many other things to do. I'll take it to service and have them do it.

lakeguy55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat, 2011 F-150, 98 Expedition
Is this an issue with just the 22 models? Hoping they've fixed it for the 23's as mine isn't built yet.

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
Is this an issue with just the 22 models? Hoping they've fixed it for the 23's as mine isn't built yet.
Mine is a '22, but in the thread I think there's both.

Sponsored

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 RAM 2500 5.9L Cummins; '22 Lariat ER
No idea and I don't think the service manager does either. It would need to be the entire seat, the bottom half, or possibly the bottom cushion in its entirety. If they just try and replace a single panel the techs would have to be doing upholstery work and that's going to go south very quickly. Similar thing but milder concern if they do the entire bottom cushion.
Welp, can't say I'm surprised.

So not only do every single one of us have this weird crease in the same location, but my replacement (which did end up being the entire seat bottom) looks worse...

before
Ford F-150 Lightning Anyone else notice the leather seats in Lariat trim wear poorly? befor

after

Ford F-150 Lightning Anyone else notice the leather seats in Lariat trim wear poorly? after

someone stood there, looked at my brand new truck, looked at that seat, looked down at the one in their hand, and then changed a visibly worse seat into my truck somehow with more creases in it than the original creased one.

Last edited:

Pod

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 AMB Lightning XLT SR
My cloth seat is delaminating in the same place. What gives? Passenger seat like that as well up top and no one ever really sat in it. Is this a warranty thing? Are cloth seats glued in or just covers?

PA Lightning

First Name
Tbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro
To cure fat fingers, get yourself a set of hemostats. Very useful to have around for multiple things.

Ford F-150 Lightning Anyone else notice the leather seats in Lariat trim wear poorly? 1679251137131