• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Anyone else notice the leather seats in Lariat trim wear poorly?

Terik2005

First Name
Terik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 ford lightning lariats standard range
Occupation
Train Engineer
But I know some seats crease when heavier guys are on them with cheap leather seats.
Sponsored

N0v0w3ls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
It seems to me like the seat foam may just be too soft. I know I noticed that my butt definitely sank into the seat foam more than I've experienced in any other vehicle I've owned. I think a lot of what's happening is the seat foam compresses and bounces back to its original shape but the leather is stretching a little past the point where it bounces back completely leaving the loose looking areas.

Broonarmy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, Lariat ER, Smoked Quartz
It seems to me like the seat foam may just be too soft. I know I noticed that my butt definitely sank into the seat foam more than I've experienced in any other vehicle I've owned. I think a lot of what's happening is the seat foam compresses and bounces back to its original shape but the leather is stretching a little past the point where it bounces back completely leaving the loose looking areas.
I have 24 miles on my truck and 3 huge creases in the drivers seat. Not sure anything can/will be done about it, I think I will just have to concentrate on the million other things I love about the truck to keep my mind off it.

I also have some chunky creases in the steering wheel leather which I might ask to be fixed/replaced.

Last edited:

JC688

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5, Honda Odyssey, BMW M3, Porsche GT3, 911…..
Have the same issue on mine, 500 miles. It‘s more like the leather in that location is stretched a lot and became delaminated from the foam and now is a loose stretched leather there. Looks bad. My other car with 81k miles with heated and ventilated seats, the leather is tight and neat.

For those that got theirs replaced, what did the dealer replace? Just that foam section?

TheBigBezo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Mine's looking a bit loose already but I'm not super concerned, I'm pretty fat and a big guy overall.

Sponsored

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 RAM 2500 5.9L Cummins; '22 Lariat ER
Have the same issue on mine, 500 miles. It‘s more like the leather in that location is stretched a lot and became delaminated from the foam and now is a loose stretched leather there. Looks bad. My other car with 81k miles with heated and ventilated seats, the leather is tight and neat.

For those that got theirs replaced, what did the dealer replace? Just that foam section?
It's a warrantable issue but getting the replacement parts is going to take some time. I've been waiting since November.

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning, Tesla Model Y, and more...
Occupation
Semi-retired electrical/computer/software engineer
Only 1500 miles in, but it all still looks new. They feel a lot like the seats in my '18 Expedition, which held up great for the 4 years I owned it, just a bit of stretching in a couple spots on those, which I wouldn't consider unusual or unexpected.

JC688

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It's a warrantable issue but getting the replacement parts is going to take some time. I've been waiting since November.
Do you know what parts they are placing?

stickyfingers

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I had the same wrinkles when I picked up the truck Dec 29th. After 2,000km they wrinkles seem to be slightly worse. I'm not sure if I should get seat covers.

I have only noticed this on the front 2 seats - driver seat is worse than passenger. Back seats seem fine and toight.

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 RAM 2500 5.9L Cummins; '22 Lariat ER
Do you know what parts they are placing?
No idea and I don't think the service manager does either. It would need to be the entire seat, the bottom half, or possibly the bottom cushion in its entirety. If they just try and replace a single panel the techs would have to be doing upholstery work and that's going to go south very quickly. Similar thing but milder concern if they do the entire bottom cushion.

Sponsored

kensiko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning XLT ER 2022
Anybody tried a seat protection compatible with ventilation ?

e-Trucka

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat, 2021 Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Enterprise Cloud Architect
Seeing on mine as well.

PXL_20220924_161315668.jpg
Ditto here at the same location. I call it the 'butt cheek crease'. I ended up doing a 'butt drag' or lift toward the door every time I am seated to drive, that erased the crease. I would love to not have to worry about that as others stated. Other lower end cars with leather never had this issue so early in mileage.

Last edited:

Akbrian

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning 2022
Has anyone looked under their seat? There are six plastic clips that hold the leather to the frame. On my drivers seat all three clips on the right side where not attached to anything.

They are a PIA to get back on. I got all three back on but one came loose again almost immediately. Looks like be easiest to take the seat out and reconnect while you can see everything from underneath. That’s my next step.

GoldBeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Raptor
Occupation
Broker
My 2021 raptor had the exact same seat crease with softer leather. My 22 lightning has it as well.

JC688

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Has anyone looked under their seat? There are six plastic clips that hold the leather to the frame. On my drivers seat all three clips on the right side where not attached to anything.

They are a PIA to get back on. I got all three back on but one came loose again almost immediately. Looks like be easiest to take the seat out and reconnect while you can see everything from underneath. That’s my next step.
Can you post pictures?
Sponsored