• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Anyone figured out how to turn off the frunk beeping yet?

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
you're right, and I did the same, thinking that leaving the frunk TUB out and taking a test run would be o.k., and it very well might be, but the Pro Power screen gave me an error saying "See an Authorized Ford Dealer"... until I realized that the frunk TUB needs to be plugged back in to resolve the 'issue'... no worries... everything is good now.
Sponsored

Blochead21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black 22 XLT 311pkg
Still works for me. Few remaining gripes are lack of aftermarket grilles, remote start shutting off with frunk opening, and no pro power with the truck off.

Side question is the fuel billet pin you sell does it work on the lightning charge door?

WillB17

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
Still works for me. Few remaining gripes are lack of aftermarket grilles, remote start shutting off with frunk opening, and no pro power with the truck off.

Side question is the fuel billet pin you sell does it work on the lightning charge door?
Thanks for the feedback! The billet pin we offer now will not fit the lightning, but we are working on it!

Jseis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
July 2021 SR MME, July 2023, Lightning Lariat
Yet they don't exactly market it that way:
" This is not favorable to those who live in quiet neighborhoods and depart in the early hours or come home late at night.."

Are the beeps really that loud? Has anyone done a dB test?
Loud was my 7.3 F250 starting up at O’dark 30. It’d wake the dead.

Sponsored

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
it's on the top of the front of the bumper, the left side, but you'll probably have to remove the frunk tub, the painted front lower bumper cover, AND a plastic cover to get to it... someone 'may' be able to get to it from below, but I kinda doubt it... just unplug it's 12v signal wiring connector.

pseudonym

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
hopeful lightning
Another one bites the dust! Thanks to everyone who made this possible. Even with the great info above, I had a bit of a hard time locating the beeper but eventually found it.

In order to keep the harness end sealed, I left the beeper in place but disabled it by removing it's contact pins with needle nose pliers. They broke easily.

Getting the frunk out with one person is a challenge. I installed a ratchet strap, as pictured below, so that I could lift near it's center of gravity and that helped a lot.
Ford F-150 Lightning Anyone figured out how to turn off the frunk beeping yet? IMG_7426

Wsl346

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Volvo XC60 T8, Many Bicycles
Another one bites the dust! Thanks to everyone who made this possible. Even with the great info above, I had a bit of a hard time locating the beeper but eventually found it.

In order to keep the harness end sealed, I left the beeper in place but disabled it by removing it's contact pins with needle nose pliers. They broke easily.

Getting the frunk out with one person is a challenge. I installed a ratchet strap, as pictured below, so that I could lift near it's center of gravity and that helped a lot.
IMG_7426.jpg
Great idea. Working smarter, not harder! Lifting it in and out with my arms spread out like Jesus was quite the challenge.

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Continental, 2022 F150 Lightning, 03 Marauder
Great idea. Working smarter, not harder! Lifting it in and out with my arms spread out like Jesus was quite the challenge.
Yeah I struggle with joint pains and so I couldn't get a good grip on it, on my first attempt to remove the tub it slipped and that led to me shattering the rear retaining clips of the emergency trunk release. Some 3M VHB tape was an excellent temporary fix. After I spoke with my dealer about how much the replacement part would be (several hundred dollars) I decided the fix was a perfectly adequate permanent fix 😬

Sponsored

pseudonym

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
hopeful lightning
Yup, I still ended up breaking a couple of the plastic retaining clips on the smaller forward trim panel, between the frunk and the headlight but that wasn't on account of moving the tub, I just pried on the panel a little too hard.

Thanks!

Effonefiddy Lightning

First Name
Alfred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Antimatter Blue /2023 Model Y
Occupation
Retired
Ok, so I took the beeper module off again but I believe the error I was getting was from the larger plug that I had to unplug before taking the frunk tub out. When I first tested it yesterday I hadn’t put everything back together and that plug was still unplugged. I’m happy to share that after plugging that back in I now have a silent frunk and no error message!

IMG_0666.jpeg
Pictures of the actual connector to disconnect?

LightningCanuckNB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
How's everyone doing with the frunk beep delete? Still having good success I take it? What else is everyone sick of with these trucks?
Works great for me.

I still have plan to figure out a lowpass filter for the garbage truck beep while retaining the pedestrian sound. I want the pedestrian sound for safety, I just HATE the garbage truck beep and it is completely unneeded and wakes up my family.

Right now I have detached the speaker and extended it with long wires to move it into the Frunk area to make it easier to play with. I tried buying a lowpass filter on amazon but it didn't work out, could not get it to do what I want.

My next step is to attach a 1/8 mini-DIN plug to the speaker so I can record the two sounds on the computer and play around with an Arduino to see if I can do this myself. It will be a fun learning exercise but I need a couple of days off to do this. If I can't get that to work... I might just mount a raspberry pi in the Frunk and do this myself. Side bonus, I can replace the sounds with anything I want if I do that.

PAndaemonium

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY23 Ford Lightning XLT ER
So I get the frunk beep, which I plan to remove.

What I don't get is the garbage truck beep. Only other sound I get is the UFO sound when backing up and it's fairly subtle. Nothing going forward at low speeds. Windows all the way down. Was this a MY22 thing?
Sponsored