• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Anyone want a somewhat low numbered Cybtertruck Reservation?

nycraven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat Extnd Range
Just trying to make someone's day who may be way down the list.

My order number is RN112841XXX which according to the CT forums places me at 87,559 in the line.

I originally placed an order for a Tri-Motor AWD with FSD but my understanding is that you may be able to adjust, especially given all of the price increases and changes. You will need to research how this all works as I'm only offering up the number in line before I cancel and get the refund.

Looks like they're in the 11283's now and the forums suggest my VIN will probably be ready in the next quarter or two., depending on how they are allocating (that is, I believe because of the orders ahead (tri-motor, dual...) and based on region, although there may be other factors).

Before I cancel the order I thought someone may be interested considering they apparently have over 2 million in line at this point.

Not sure how to transfer the number but would work with you but am willing to work with someone on that, even if it means transferring my account. Only want the $100 back for the original deposit.
Ford F-150 Lightning Anyone want a somewhat low numbered Cybtertruck Reservation? Cybertruck Reservation Chart
Sponsored

OP
OP
nycraven

nycraven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat Extnd Range
Wait, so you abandoned your long awaited Cybertruck preorder you placed when the truck was first announced and went out and bought a Lightning instead?

Yea, same.
Yes, wanted an EV truck, so when Tesla announced I ordered that during the first week. Needless to say, even with the Rivian option, I jumped on the Ford when my dealer offered me on with no markup but I did not have a choice in terms of model, color and options. In retrospect, the only think I may have changed about my Lariat (optioned as excellently as it is), would be a different color, but I am not too picky and am very happy with the truck. Unfortunately, when I first purchased, I had a slew of issues with Sunrun getting my pro charger...four months late, and was not happy about some other aspects, but, all is well now and recently sold my Tundra (which was hard parting), so the Lightning will become my utility truck and home generator.

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning
Not sure how to transfer the number but would work with you but am willing to work with someone on that, even if it means transferring my account. Only want the $100 back for the original deposit.
Just get your money back and move on. It appears reservations aren't transferrable and Tesla reserves the right to charge you $50,000 if you flip a Cybertruck. It's not worth the trouble.

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
Wait, so you abandoned your long awaited Cybertruck preorder you placed when the truck was first announced and went out and bought a Lightning instead?
Yeah, for me it's an 11/25/19 reservation #11298XXXX. This was 18 months before the Lightning reveal. I really thought it would be somewhat normalized during the final design process. The high-quality stainless exoskeleton, low production costs, etc. seemed like a great idea.... When the great reveal occurred, the CT is not the vehicle that was originally telegraphed.
Just get your money back and move on.
:rolleyes: Ha! I tried to get my $100 back on 10/19/23. Tesla sent an email saying they had refunded it to the original credit card. It never arrived. There is simply no way to contact the company that I have discovered. After waiting 60 days, the credit card issuer told me to submit it as a dispute and they'd do a chargeback to Tesla. I had all the documentation and screenshots and it is now being processed. We'll see.

Sponsored

rg7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Yeah, for me it's an 11/25/19 reservation #11298XXXX. This was 18 months before the Lightning reveal. I really thought it would be somewhat normalized during the final design process. The high-quality stainless exoskeleton, low production costs, etc. seemed like a great idea.... When the great reveal occurred, the CT is not the vehicle that was originally telegraphed.
I still like the aesthetic, but there were a couple of things that turned me away in the end. I found the frunk to be too small. It also seemed like Tesla went back and tried to copy the Lightning design with the grill lifting with the hood. I wonder if with a frunk that small they would have just been better off doing it like the Rivian does.

I wouldn't have minded the smaller frunk if I could just use the vault with rolling tonneau cover. But then it seemed that the vault wasn't going to be waterproof, and rainwater could still seep in. I think that specifically is what made me start looking at the Lightning.

I like how the Cybertruck back seats fold up, but once again, this seems like a design cue influenced by the F150. But the F150 also has 2 extra inches of space in the back, so to me it seemed like it would just end up being a more comfortable experience for back seat passengers.

Tesla undoubtedly has better software and infotainment. The climate management is probably a lot better too. But all of the perfect working OTA updates in the world are never going to add 2 extra inches of legroom to the backseat or make the frunk bigger.

swajames

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Technology and software development
I had a launch day reservation and received one of the initial batch of Foundation Series order invitations. I did place an order, I had originally reserved a tri-motor but ended up placing an order for the AWD. Tesla has just contacted me for registration details etc.

With all that said, I'm probably going to cancel.

The more you look the reports from the field there's really no compelling differences between what we have and what the Cybertruck delivers (at least in the trim I ended up ordering) but the bigger issue is now that my wife has seen these on the road she really doesn't want one on our drive. She never had the same reservations about our Lightning (she's not particularly keen on trucks in general, but nothing about the Lightning causes the same visceral reaction the Cybertruck does).

Ford F-150 Lightning Anyone want a somewhat low numbered Cybtertruck Reservation? Cybertruck_Reservatio

Wsl346

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Volvo XC60 T8, Many Bicycles
Ford F-150 Lightning Anyone want a somewhat low numbered Cybtertruck Reservation? IMG_0405

Got my CT order email the other day. While I personally think the CT is a cool looking vehicle and love Tesla’s tech, there are a number of things preventing me from moving forward.

First, I’m not spending $100K, even if you get some extras. This is a $60-70K truck at most. Second, I refuse to pay for features that don’t exist yet, mainly 800V charging and Autopilot. While I don’t doubt both will make their way to the CT eventually, I refuse to reward Tesla for putting a vehicle into production with claimed features missing until some unknown date in the future.

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning, Tesla Model Y, and more...
Occupation
Semi-retired electrical/computer/software engineer
Well, if anyone wants a Cybertruck, probably delivered in the next 6 to 8 weeks, I have one on order and it *might* be available. No shenanigans, I take delivery and then I sell it to you. Reservations are not transferable and this one is already ordered, so the bun is in the oven so to speak.

As of right now a relative is buying it from me, but they’re on the fence now seeing the reviews coming out. Suddenly asking me a lot more questions about the Lighting. LOL

swajames

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Well, if anyone wants a Cybertruck, probably delivered in the next 6 to 8 weeks, I have one on order and it *might* be available. No shenanigans, I take delivery and then I sell it to you. Reservations are not transferable and this one is already ordered, so the bun is in the oven so to speak.

As of right now a relative is buying it from me, but they’re on the fence now seeing the reviews coming out. Suddenly asking me a lot more questions about the Lighting. LOL
Your purchase agreement includes a clause that you can't resell for twelve months and requires you to initially to offer it back to Tesla who have the option to buy it for MSRP less mileage deduction. If Tesla elects to not purchase it you can sell it. If you sell without offering it to Tesla and getting a waiver, there's a penalty which is the higher of 50K or your gain over MSRP. How enforceable that it remains to be seen, but it's there.

Sponsored

tnugentfl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150 lightning lariat ext range

Dual or tri motor variant. I doubt the "do not sell" is enforceable. I may be interested if it's the less expensive variation.

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Your purchase agreement includes a clause that you can't resell for twelve months and requires you to initially to offer it back to Tesla who have the option to buy it for MSRP less mileage deduction. If Tesla elects to not purchase it you can sell it. If you sell without offering it to Tesla and getting a waiver, there's a penalty which is the higher of 50K or your gain over MSRP. How enforceable that it remains to be seen, but it's there.
No it doesn’t. They might try that in a few states, but it’s not legal here. This is the same BS scare tactic GM tried with the Hummer EV and claiming to revoke warranties or the Ford memo that got “leaked”. The only non-resale clause in the purchase agreement is the same standard verbiage in most all auto purchase agreements where you agree you are not a dealer purchasing for direct resale — as in transferring as an intermediary without titling the vehicle. For a non-dealership, that would be skipping title and is illegal. All employee delivers had to sign a separate clause to that effect to take delivery in the employee phase. Otherwise they had to wait for the general population orders and they would be at the end of the line.

I don’t think people are paying up huge premiums for the CT. First of all they’re cranking them out and secondly, the truck isn’t living up to the dream. If my family member bails out, I’ll see if someone else wants to buy it to cover all my costs/taxes plus maybe a little extra for my effort. If not, I’ll let it go…. Family member paid me for the order deposit since the order is placed, and he says he’s OK Losing that if he walks… Only reason I ordered it is my relative that’s buying it wants it and we talked it over on Christmas... If I hadn’t already ordered, I would cancel and get my $100 reservation fee back at this point seeing how the real-world truck has panned out.

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Dual or tri motor variant. I doubt the "do not sell" is enforceable. I may be interested if it's the less expensive variation.
Dual motor variant, so the cheaper of the two Foundation Series. It’s still $99,990 MSRP as it’s fully loaded with all the options. The only option I can add to it is the range extender that takes up a big chunk of the bed. But I think they charge me $500 to change my order now that it’s already been submitted. Then of course, tax and doc fee. I can’t claim the federal or state tax credits if I turn around and sell it that quick. But there are tax incentives for second hand buyers, not really sure how those work.

The option to order standard edition Cybertrucks (not Foundation Series) is supposed to be a thing in the near future. I think once they have enough Foundation orders to cover the production ramp. Then the dual-motor will be $20K cheaper without FSD and a couple other things. I can’t change mine to a non-Foundation at this point, as that option isn’t available and I’m sure I’ll be in production before that’s a thing.

swajames

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
No it doesn’t. They might try that in a few states, but it’s not legal here. This is the same BS scare tactic GM tried with the Hummer EV and claiming to revoke warranties or the Ford memo that got “leaked”. The only non-resale clause in the purchase agreement is the same standard verbiage in most all auto purchase agreements where you agree you are not a dealer purchasing for direct resale — as in transferring as an intermediary without titling the vehicle. For a non-dealership, that would be skipping title and is illegal. All employee delivers had to sign a separate clause to that effect to take delivery in the employee phase. Otherwise they had to wait for the general population orders and they would be at the end of the line.

I don’t think people are paying up huge premiums for the CT. First of all they’re cranking them out and secondly, the truck isn’t living up to the dream. If my family member bails out, I’ll see if someone else wants to buy it to cover all my costs/taxes plus maybe a little extra for my effort. If not, I’ll let it go…. Family member paid me for the order deposit since the order is placed, and he says he’s OK Losing that if he walks… Only reason I ordered it is my relative that’s buying it wants it and we talked it over on Christmas... If I hadn’t already ordered, I would cancel and get my $100 reservation fee back at this point seeing how the real-world truck has panned out.
take another look at your documentation. It’s in my agreement, and it will be in yours. it was not in the original agreement, that only had the no dealer resale clause too, but it is in the version you execute when you place an order.

Ford F-150 Lightning Anyone want a somewhat low numbered Cybtertruck Reservation? IMG_0015

Bills R Electric

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat

Yea, same.
I bought the Lightning Lariat while waiting also. I am a bit further back in line, and if I believe the estimates, I won't get my "time to order" email until spring of 2025.

In the meantime, love the Lightning. Once I can charge it on the Tesla network, it will make it hard to sell to buy the Cybertruck (which I still plan to do as long as I can get a configuration around $80k and not $120K).
Sponsored