• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Are people signing their No-Resale Policy?

Mcalc55

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro
Picking up my Pro tomorrow and the dealer did tell me there was a no-resale agreement being enforced. They want to restrict Resale for 12 months. He didnt have any details on the enforcement of this and what happened if my financial circumstances changed and i needed to sell it. They also did not give me any warning until i was told my truck was being delivered. This is the 4th vehicle I’m purchasing from them, so i feel like i have a bit of loyalty established.

I dont necessarily have any plans to sell it, but i certainly dont want to be restricted from having the flexibility. I might be comfortable with a 6 month agreement.
Sponsored

merek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER [6/20]
Does anyone know how this is structured? If it's structured as a "right of first refusal" type deal, where the dealer will retain the option to buy it back at full MSRP, it'd be more palatable.

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
Purchaser hereby agrees that it will not sell, offer to sell, or otherwise transfer any ownership interest in the Vehicle prior to the first anniversary of the date hereof. Purchaser further agrees that Seller may seek injunctive relief to prevent the transfer of title of the Vehicle or demand payment from Purchaser of all value received as consideration for the sale or transfer.
This is the language that Ford Corporate said that they would support.

OP
OP

Mcalc55

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro
Yeah that seems totally unreasonable. I could get behind something that said “the value in excess of purchase price” or something like that but going after the full value of the sale is greedy.

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Yeah that seems totally unreasonable. I could get behind something that said “the value in excess of purchase price” or something like that but going after the full value of the sale is greedy.
Exactly, and all the while they are being greedy as shit themselves. FOMO should put in a clause to every Lightning and Bronco that any profit above MSRP are relinquished to the company. Be the exact same thing. And we should stop posting about it here where dealers read this shit. My dealer is pretty oblivious to a lot of the EV stuff.

Sponsored

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bolt, 16 XC90T8, 22 XC40 P8 Recharge, 17 Tacoma
Hypothetical: owner passes away one month after purchasing. Owner was receiving a large pension that stops paying when he passes away. Estate can not afford to make truck payments. Would the dealer (it's not Ford because not everyone signed one of these no sale agreements) really fight the sale? That would be awful publicity. If they won't fight that sale, then what business do they have fighting any other sale? Do they get to pick and choose which sales to fight? If they don't fight all of them would it be discrimination?

First right to refusal at MSRP seems reasonable. No sale, particularly in the current economy is not good for the customer.

merek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER [6/20]
I still fail to see how this is realistically enforcable. For some real limited supercar, maybe. But a commodity vehicle like this? I bet they're bluffing, there's too many vehicles out there.

OP
OP

Mcalc55

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro
The real BS part of it all is that they cry and cry the whole time saying that they aren’t charging over MSRP for the vehicle but theyre charging random customers off the street ADM for an explorer. A few months ago my aunt found a Mazda cx-5 that was 6k over MSRP. Thats insanity

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
Answer to above hypotheical case: The purchaser is dead.
For hypothetical case and all others, enforcement is at the discretion of the Seller (Dealer)
Seller may seek injunctive relief
For perspective, this is the answer Ford offered to dealers who wanted to charge ADM as a matter of ordinary business on 'market pricing' customer ordered vehicles. Dealer holds all the cards on purchase pricing, Ford holds all the cards on vehicle allocations. Purchaser wears the shoes to walk away until the final purchase agreement is signed. You may be able to negotiate this into a right of first refusal, it's the Seller writing the contract.

Sponsored

PV2EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevy Volt, 2006 Kubota L39, 2006 Suzuki Eige
How would the dealer know you sold , especially out of state?

CoyoteJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning SR, Tesla Model 3, BMW i3, Zero DS
Occupation
Database Developer
How would the dealer know you sold , especially out of state?
This what I’m thinking…if your loan is through credit they arranged they would know when the loan was paid off. But if you did your own financing, or paid cash, it would take a lot of researching on their part to know you sold your vehicle. I think the whole thing is bluster.

OP
OP

Mcalc55

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro
This what I’m thinking…if your loan is through credit they arranged they would know when the loan was paid off. But if you did your own financing, or paid cash, it would take a lot of researching on their part to know you sold your vehicle. I think the whole thing is bluster.
I think for the next month or two it might be easy to spot until more and more are in the wild

OP
OP

Mcalc55

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro
So if you’re paying cash it’s less if a big deal?
Sponsored