• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Battery not holding up?

Nikos

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150 Lightning
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
First statement is correct.

Second is not. Driving will yield a more accurate range, not a higher one. Lower for most. 2.56 miles per kWh is higher than most will get.
Folks......I am not going to get to an argument with any of you. We all have our own way of looking at the numbers in front of us. By saying to drive the truck another 1000 miles or take longer trips, you getting a more accurate range.......yes, that is true, but also you show your truck your driving behavior. When your consumption rate is 2.5 or better and it can approach 2.8-2.9 and occasionally 3.2miles/KW and your truck learns from that, it will reflect on your range. That stored info will reflect on your range when you charge your truck to 100%.
I just showed you a screenshot as of this morning. After all, everyone should experiment with your truck to find it's potential and adjust your driving habits to reflect your needs. Driving gets more interesting. Good luck everyone.
Sponsored

p52Ranch

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT Lightning, Badlands 7MT, New Holland 4030
Have you checked your trip energy results when you are driving? I have found on a cool (not even cold) evening with a cold start the trip energy is devoting a lot of energy to "Exterior Temperature" which is battery conditioning and "Climate Use" which ends up being the cabin heater.

I wish that Ford would provide an HVAC indicator that the cabin heat was on when you are in Automatic climate control mode. It would be great if it indicated how much power it was consuming. I've had several times when trying to stretch my trip distance I've turned the HVAC off just to focus as much energy to "Route".

Here is a pic when driving on a really nice day and I was getting 97% to "Route" energy. Accessories (12 volt stuff) always seems to be 2%.
Ford F-150 Lightning Battery not holding up? 1665751825673

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
If you set a departure time with 110v charging, it will NOT precondition the battery. If it's cold, you'll see a quick range drop when you start driving and the vehicle gets very low miles per kWh.

If it's cold, i.e. 50 or lower, you'll see a quick range drop from what it was when you parked it at 70 the day prior.

If you remote start, on 110v, you'll see a hit to the battery.

110v can't keep up with the heater, and it won't heat the battery. Running the heater for 15 minutes during a remote start will be a noticeable battery hit.
^^^ This.

Using 240V L2 charging, your Lightning will pull pre-conditioning power from the charger instead of the battery.

The colder months are on it's way and sure to see more complaints guaranteed.

BTW: I stopped using the main screen with the wildiy GOM ranges - I use the calm screen to only see the SOC%. Much better - like a fuel gauge in an ICE....

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
While the GOM learns from your driving, it also underestimates your range. I've consistently gotten 2.3-2.4 mi/kWh over the course of my ownership. Whenever I reset the trip meter, within a few hundred miles my average will be back to 2.3-2.4 mpk (and my Trip 2 is at 2.3 for the entire 4,500 miles I've driven the truck) but my GOM pretty much always stays at 2.0-2.1 for its estimate. It's currently at 2.05 for the remaining 70% on the battery (188mi).

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
While the GOM learns from your driving, it also underestimates your range. I've consistently gotten 2.3-2.4 mi/kWh over the course of my ownership. Whenever I reset the trip meter, within a few hundred miles my average will be back to 2.3-2.4 mpk (and my Trip 2 is at 2.3 for the entire 4,500 miles I've driven the truck) but my GOM pretty much always stays at 2.0-2.1 for its estimate. It's currently at 2.05 for the remaining 70% on the battery (188mi).
Ford is testing "intelligent range" in the hope of getting it more accurate.

Sponsored

tls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
I agree but like I said it's all over the place. 2.2 to 1.5 for no reason. It just started doing this.
I saw this too. It is the cabin heater - it seems to turn back on based on interior and exterior temps every time *any* climate control change is made.

I stubbornly revisited that too-obscure screen and turned "e-heat" off repeatedly while driving 150 miles at about 65MPH last weekend and hit 2.5 miles per kWh for the entire trip - as compared to 2.1 for the same trip in the opposite direction with the heat on the day before.

Oneand0

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Badlands & F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Digital Investigator
^^^ This.

Using 240V L2 charging, your Lightning will pull pre-conditioning power from the charger instead of the battery.

The colder months are on it's way and sure to see more complaints guaranteed.

BTW: I stopped using the main screen with the wildiy GOM ranges - I use the calm screen to only see the SOC%. Much better - like a fuel gauge in an ICE....
I love that calm screen!

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development