• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Best Home Charger that isn't the FCSP

FlasherZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Tesla Model X, F250 SD diesel 6.0
I guess I succumbed to idea that the FCSP is not particularly good quality. What do you all think?

Also, I have no idea when my FCSP might arrive.
The physical build quality isn't very good.

The electrical build quality is sufficient and the device is safe. New firmware fixed the issue where the upper contactor terminal was absorbing the rising heat from the lower contactor and forcing the unit into a thermal error detection. They appear to have increased the allowable temperature range.

The FCSP works, but it's not built very well and is built with flimsy plastic for an outer shell. If installed outside, I doubt the gray outer bezel will last more than a year, and I can see the thin plastic becoming very brittle within a couple of years and susceptible to some damage.

It definitely is no Clipper Creek CS-100 unit, but then again, it's not the cost of one, either.

Like others have said, if you get it free with the truck, it'll do what you need. If you have to make a choice between buying it and buying another unit, then I'd go with another unit unless you need the FCSP for the HIS solution.

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring
With the giant ford logo on that thing, what happens if you buy a Chevy in the future? Awkward... 😬
Question is: Will it charge like a Lightning?🤔🥹😃😎

OP
OP

GrokTime

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyotas + incoming F150 Lightning
Thank you again everyone for your thoughts. My FCSP arrived yesterday. I have an electrician coming out tomorrow but just to give me an estimate.

I am still not sure if I should consider selling the FCSP on ebay and get a good third party unit.

Does the FCSP software compare to the good thirds party units? I would like to be able to keep track of all the charging data. Right now I have been getting by with the mobile charger and I find that it does not provide all the information I would like.

Sponsored

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
I'm also with TEP and was just looking at their rebates. Since I have solar with net-metering it says I have to have a 2 way communicating EVSE. Do you know if the Juicebox is in that category? I've got loads of time to watch pricing (Oct 31st reservation) so I'd love to know how it works out for you.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
In case anyone else is interested in the Tucson area, I reached out to TEP and got this reply:

The Ford Charge Station Pro does not qualify for net-metering customers. Currently we have reviewed and approved the following EV Chargers as 2-way communication devices approved to rebate for our residential net-metering customers:

MakeModel
AutelMaxi US AC W10-N14
ChargePointCPH50 (Home Flex)
Enel XJuicebox 48 (2JBO481RNA-HBWX-300)
Enel XJuicebox 40 (2JBO401RNA-PJWX-222)
Enel XJuicebox 32 (2JBO321RNA-PJWX-300)
Solar EdgeSE-EV-SA-US-40P

I've asked about submitting other equipment for review and how they determine if something qualifies. I'll update if there's anything useful provided.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
One other note...

The FCSP has the 2 pin connection for the backup power. This will work with other fast charge EVs but probably will not work with PHEVs that just have the j1772 plug.

That may be an issue to consider if you have a phev or plan on possibly getting one in the future.
Sponsored