• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Best Home Charger that isn't the FCSP

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Hello,

I received my extended range Lariat last week and love it. My Ford Charge Station Pro has not yet been delivered. However, I do not think I will ever need to charge at 80 amps and I have heard questionable things about the quality of the FCSP.

So, does anyone with more experience than I have any recommendations for a high quality home charger that will charge the Lightning at more than 32 amps? I am not looking for the cheapest option. I would like something quality with a reasonably long cord.

Thanks!
STOP.

The FIRST thing you want to do is to see if your electric utility has an rebates, or sells discounted chargers. Our utility company gave us $500 for installing a ChargePoint HomeFlex or a JuiceBox charger. Last year no one had any in stock anywhere, except the electrician we used who was a JuiceBox dealer. Our JuiceBox 48 is great.

One big advantage the JuiceBox has over the ChargePoint HomeFlex is the ability to change amps. Apparently, ChargePoint took that out of the app and makes you contact them. I can change amperage in about 3 seconds.

Oh, by the way...

Way above Cayuga's waters, there's an awful smell.
Some say it's Cayuga's waters, others say Cornell.
Sponsored

JustB

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
I stopped looking at chargers when I bought my Emporia. If you can get the Chargepoint for $599 I would jump on that in a heartbeat. When I was looking at them they were $749.
Yeah, I might still look into that one, but 3rd party seller new accounts on Amazon are a no go for me.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
One big advantage the JuiceBox has over the ChargePoint HomeFlex is the ability to change amps. Apparently, ChargePoint took that out of the app and makes you contact them. I can change amperage in about 3 seconds.
Actually, the only real disadvantage of ChargePoint is that you are limited to one ChargePoint per account. So if you think you might need multiple chargers in the future, you should look elsewhere.

No one mentioned this, but I think Wallbox Pulsar is also a good choice.

OP
OP

GrokTime

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyotas + incoming F150 Lightning
Thank you everyone for your responses. It was very helpful to narrow it down to a few good choices. Unfortunately though I can't find any rebates or discounts offered by NYSEG.

Sponsored

boggle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY23 PRO
Actually, the only real disadvantage of ChargePoint is that you are limited to one ChargePoint per account. So if you think you might need multiple chargers in the future, you should look elsewhere.

No one mentioned this, but I think Wallbox Pulsar is also a good choice.
One per account, so I can't have one at my primary residence and another a vacation home? That's pretty lame. What if I move and leave my hardwired charger, can I deactivate that unit and install another? Here in CT Eversource only offers rebates for the CPH50 or the Juicebox 48. Had no idea the ChargePoint had account limitations.

boggle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY23 PRO
Thank you everyone for your responses. It was very helpful to narrow it down to a few good choices. Unfortunately though I can't find any rebates or discounts offered by NYSEG.
Pretty sure individuals in NY are eligible for the "Alternative Fuels and Electric Vehicle Recharging Property Credit", worth looking into. Not sure how flexible the Would be crazy if they offered nothing to help build EV infrastructure...

Jk, looks like it's only for "trade or business purposes". Rather dumb.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
One per account, so I can't have one at my primary residence and another a vacation home? That's pretty lame. What if I move and leave my hardwired charger, can I deactivate that unit and install another? Here in CT Eversource only offers rebates for the CPH50 or the Juicebox 48. Had no idea the ChargePoint had account limitations.
You can have as many accounts as you like (based on how many email IDs you can have), but you'd have to logoff one account and logon to another to access the charger on your phone. It's workable, but cumbersome. And yes, you can deactivate the charger, when you move.

boggle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY23 PRO
You can have as many accounts as you like (based on how many email IDs you can have), but you'd have to logoff one account and logon to another to access the charger on your phone. It's workable, but cumbersome. And yes, you can deactivate the charger, when you move.
Thanks for the info. Better than completely de-authorizing/reactivating chargers every time you needed to use it but definitely still a PITA to juggle accounts. Reminds me of the early Ecobee thermostats that were limited to a single home.

PV2EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevy Volt, 2006 Kubota L39, 2006 Suzuki Eige
If you are able to go past 40A/hardwiring, the Chargepoint Flex is full featured and performs. I got one for each of two homes from the utilities for $299 each. I found that I had to delete the first one from my account to configure the second. Not sure if that resets the first, and then it defaults to 16A, but I will find out when I visit next.

Sponsored

Simpso57

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lightning
I like my juicebox, and it supports load sharing. If you get one of the "big" brands like Clipper or Chargepoint or Juicebox they all work good.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X

jefro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Corvette, Bolt EV,
The Grizzl-e simple easy choice.

Might look at the used Tesla models if you already have an adapter.

A Gen 3 is going pretty cheaply. Sellers say new with scratches. One has mentioned an over temp issue. I was tempted to buy one just to see if firmware update would fix it.