• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Best Loan Rates?

bordner42

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Pro
Will hopefully be taking delivery within a month and am wondering what rates others have gotten recently and from where? Thanks!
Sponsored

BigRedMax

Threads
Reaction score
Website
huskermax.com
Vehicles
2018 F-150
Placed my order yesterday and the dealership said that Ford has a 60 month rate at 6.9 percent that is locked in at the time you place your order. With rates probably going up with the next Fed hike I am using that as my baseline in checking out other options.

Texas Dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'04 Envoy XL 4WD, '15 Fusion Energi, '19 Niro EV
Occupation
Engineer
There is a thread all about loan rates already. Parsons FCU has a 84 month rate of 3.99%. Chase has a 72 month rate of 3.39%.

OP
OP

bordner42

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Pro
There is a thread all about loan rates already. Parsons FCU has a 84 month rate of 3.99%. Chase has a 72 month rate of 3.39%.
Would you mind linking it?

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning, Tesla Model Y, and more...
Occupation
Semi-retired electrical/computer/software engineer
Best thing to do is just shop around. Parsons has good rates and that's who I went through (for 3.9%). I thought the process was simple, but it seems like they make some people jump through some real hoops at times. Parsons did need a few days to get it all put together ahead of time. If you just show up at the dealership and let them run it, you probably won't do that well. I had the dealership run it for me anyway and the best they could come back with for 72 or 84 months was Ford and a couple Credit Unions at 6.9... The 3.3x% for 72 thru Chase doesn't seem to be real or at least I couldn't find any way to get it for the Lightning. I think it was a promo a couple months back and is gone now. Ford's best current rate on the Lightning is 6.9% for 72-84 months and a bit less for shorter terms. Ford Credit has a 3.9% for 60 month promo, but it does not work on the Lightning or Mach-e. I've done enough loans thru Ford Credit over the years, I always qualify for their promo rates and 0% and all that when they offer it. But their rates this time around were just not good.

I figure that Ford will be running another 0% special here in the next 30 days or so as they always like to run one early in the year. But they will probably restrict certain vehicles like the Lightning.

Credit unions seem to have the best rates at the moment if you can meet their membership or qualifying terms.

The other thread on this topic is here: https://www.f150lightningforum.com/...22-lightning-purchase-add-your-options.10349/

Last edited:

Sponsored

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
Would you mind linking it?
I used Parsons just a couple weeks ago , 3.79% for 60 months. I was setup and approved with Parsons but They are a little slow so I used the dealer financing at 5.14% but refinanced with parsons 2 weeks later at the same rate. It actually worked out nice. It was not a huge savings at $25 a month but over the term that’s $1500

OrangeCrush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat Antimatter Blue
I went with Parsons FCU as well. 3.79% for 60. They are not the fastest, but if you start the process a week before delivery, you should be good. The process is not smooth. They will need the purchase order copy, which you will get at delivery and then they will overnight the check to the dealer. My dealer let me drive out the truck with a personal check that they held until Parson's check came a couple of days later. Other option (suggested by Parsons) is what jimfigler said above i.e. finance with the dealer and they will refinance in a week or two.

BigRedMax

Threads
Reaction score
Website
huskermax.com
Vehicles
2018 F-150
I went with Parsons FCU as well. 3.79% for 60. They are not the fastest, but if you start the process a week before delivery, you should be good. The process is not smooth. They will need the purchase order copy, which you will get at delivery and then they will overnight the check to the dealer. My dealer let me drive out the truck with a personal check that they held until Parson's check came a couple of days later. Other option (suggested by Parsons) is what jimfigler said above i.e. finance with the dealer and they will refinance in a week or two.
Can anybody join? It looks like it is a limited membership?

https://www.parsonsfcu.org/who-can-join

boggle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY23 PRO
Got a local credit union locked in at 2.74%/48mo in early December. Shop around.

Sponsored

boggle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY23 PRO
Which credit union?
Achieve Financial here in CT, but you need to be a CT resident. Your state should have a list of licensed local credit unions, call down that. That's how I found mine. Beat everybody else by a full point.

Or search near you on the NCUA website.

3rdgenfan

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 XLT SR, G8 GXP, TDI Rabbit
https://www.towerfcu.org/borrow/loan-rates/#1481818323110-6112493a-d3be

Tower FCU is 2.99 for 60 still. If you're in some group they are a partner with you can join for free, otherwise I donated $25 or so to one of their foundations to gain access, plus the $5 fee to create the savings acct.

They do a hard pull when you sign up for membership, but will use that pull for the loan application. To save time I'd recommend signing up for a membership before doing the loan app...that added about a week to my waiting time since they didn't get back to me initially.

They didn't have any requirements regarding cash down like Parsons gave me, but I filled out their form with the purchase agreement and then uploaded that and my insurance cards with it on the account and they overnighted the check.

Minh

First Name
Minh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
https://www.towerfcu.org/borrow/loan-rates/#1481818323110-6112493a-d3be

Tower FCU is 2.99 for 60 still. If you're in some group they are a partner with you can join for free, otherwise I donated $25 or so to one of their foundations to gain access, plus the $5 fee to create the savings acct.

They do a hard pull when you sign up for membership, but will use that pull for the loan application. To save time I'd recommend signing up for a membership before doing the loan app...that added about a week to my waiting time since they didn't get back to me initially.

They didn't have any requirements regarding cash down like Parsons gave me, but I filled out their form with the purchase agreement and then uploaded that and my insurance cards with it on the account and they overnighted the check.
Do you need open bank account with them too or simply just donate to become a member and done? How long does the process take to become a member? Do they mail a check to the dealer for purchase also like parsons or is it all done electronically?

Thank you
Sponsored