• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Bluecruise cancelling and 6.5?

GoHawks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Lightning ER
Hi. I’ve had power-up 6.5.0 since Dec 16th and noticed a couple issues. The main issue is Bluecruise canceling on me without warning. There is a single beep and Bluecruise and adaptive cruise totally disengage but speed remains on. It’s pretty shocking. The other day it happened 3x. It was raining and Ive read the manual about different BC messages regarding lane lines. However I was on a pretty frequently traveled area of highway and I know where historically BC requires hands on or relinquishes control. It happened once in dry conditions 2 days prior. Within .1 mile BC re-engages. I obviously turned it off but am curious if anyone else has experienced this. Is it related to 6.5 update or other recent updates? Or is it pure coincidence that it is happening now for me? On a more random note, my radio resets to my first preset every time I start the truck regardless of what it was set to on the last drive. Just annoying but not dangerous.

Ford F-150 Lightning Bluecruise cancelling and 6.5? IMG_5046

Ford F-150 Lightning Bluecruise cancelling and 6.5? IMG_5048
Sponsored

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
I have advanced to 6.8.0 and have not seen anything like. I was at 6.5.0 for a few days and all worked as expected.

Peddyr

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat SR
Hi. I’ve had power-up 6.5.0 since Dec 16th and noticed a couple issues. The main issue is Bluecruise canceling on me without warning. There is a single beep and Bluecruise and adaptive cruise totally disengage but speed remains on. It’s pretty shocking. The other day it happened 3x. It was raining and Ive read the manual about different BC messages regarding lane lines. However I was on a pretty frequently traveled area of highway and I know where historically BC requires hands on or relinquishes control. It happened once in dry conditions 2 days prior. Within .1 mile BC re-engages. I obviously turned it off but am curious if anyone else has experienced this. Is it related to 6.5 update or other recent updates? Or is it pure coincidence that it is happening now for me? On a more random note, my radio resets to my first preset every time I start the truck regardless of what it was set to on the last drive. Just annoying but not dangerous.

IMG_5046.jpeg

IMG_5048.jpeg
I've experienced the same thing with the radio. It also shuts itself off, so every time I turn the truck on, I have to turn the radio on as well and it goes to the first preset regardless of what I was listening to when I shut it down last. Very odd behavior since 6.5

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT

IMG_5046.jpeg

IMG_5048.jpeg
My BC has cut off like this since day 1. Parts of I-35 between Dallas and OKC it just won't stay engaged. In a 10 mile span it may go off and come back on 3 times, with no warning at all. I've never seen anything as dangerous. Literally the icon just disappears and it doesn't catch my eye always. I typically have my hand on the wheel, but I can't believe there isn't an audible alert when it disengages.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I noticed the direction of travel is SW, are you heading into late afternoon sun?
Was there any heavy rain?

I didn't notice much of a change with BC handsfree mode while I was briefly on 6.5.0 for six days, 12/16 to 12/22, on the 20th I did a 50 mile loop on I-95 & I-495 but it was dark with clear roads and no rain, didn't have any unexpected disconnects.

Sponsored

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning
It's normal behavior. Lane keeping stops when the truck can't determine where it is relative to lane lines. It happens on route I regularly drive where one lane turns to two lanes and again when two lanes goes to one lane. It beeps to get your attention.

Soapbox time. In the aviation world pilots are trained and tested on every function, operation, and fail mode of the auto-pilot. This is really the only way to safely operate a vehicle with human assist functions.

Auto manufacturers make some videos and there's a user manual, of course, but very few people actually take the time to learn how use advanced driver's aids. When the computer reaches it's limits it gives control of the vehicle back to the driver who is often startled and confused. This is the worst possible time to START driving.

In my opinion we have about reached the limits of driver's aids. When vehicles are truly able to drive themselves and fail safely the option for humans to drive needs to be removed. We are a long way from that. I think it is irresponsible to allow customers to kill themselves in the meantime.

To be clear, I generally think current driver's aids are beneficial but as systems get more complex the ability of an average driver to manage them is reduced. Since more drivers training will never happen the goal should be full self driving without driver controls.

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord 2017; 2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
There ought to be an option as to how much, how loudly, etc., you want to be alerted when BC turns off. I got 6.5 and I'm up to 6.8, which made some changes as to how BC, speed limit sign, set autocruise speed is displayed, etc. I don't drive with BC that much but in a recent 12/23 trip at one instance I didn't think I got a strong enough, loud enough alert that BC-Hands-Free was off and Hands-On-The-Wheel was on. But I got a beep and maybe a vibration and when anything like that happens I immediately look at the dash, take in the state of BC, etc. So even before 6.5, I would have been for a better alerting system with a choice of how to be alerted rather than just what Ford thinks is going to work for the average driver.

OP
OP

GoHawks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Lightning ER
I noticed the direction of travel is SW, are you heading into late afternoon sun?
Was there any heavy rain?

I didn't notice much of a change with BC handsfree mode while I was briefly on 6.5.0 for six days, 12/16 to 12/22, on the 20th I did a 50 mile loop on I-95 & I-495 but it was dark with clear roads and no rain, didn't have any unexpected disconnects.
Heading South on the 5. Rain one day, dry the other. No sun. First time BC has disengaged like this after a year of use. I am always paying attention because I do not care for the current ping pong effect when driving in traffic. I find myself correcting the vehicle due to ‘closeness’.

Bwanapete

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning, 2017 Tesla MS90d, 1941 Lincoln V12
My truck’s BC has always dropped off like you report. I wish I could use Cruise Control without automatic steering. This is one reason I think mu Tesla autopilot is better than BC.
Sponsored

Reactions: GDN