• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Bluecruise OTA Status?

azDcab21

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 PowerBoost/FX4
Just got back from the dealer. Supposedly my job1 truck got the 21G01 update. Can't seem to get BC working though. Sync did update.
Ford F-150 Lightning Bluecruise OTA Status? 20220402_161822
Ford F-150 Lightning Bluecruise OTA Status? 20220402_115544
Sponsored

BHunted1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford-150 Platinum Hybrid
Occupation
Retired
Thats not the latest....

JDinNFLA

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Star White 3.5 EB
Yes not the latest. Should be 22028. Look in Ford Pass account upper right corner. Then scroll down to message center. Will show latest update you are at.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
22034 is the latest APIM for BC. @azDcab21 if You send me your Vin and I can tell you how bad they messed your truck up. Ford is going to have a mess on their hands with dealers attempting this. So the fiasco begins. Going to be a lot of unhappy people

Sponsored

mstfld

First Name
stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F150 5.0-2013 edge
Occupation
retired
22034 is the latest APIM for BC. @azDcab21 if You send me your Vin and I can tell you how bad they messed your truck up. Ford is going to have a mess on their hands with dealers attempting this. So the fiasco begins. Going to be a lot of unhappy people
1FTFW1E54MFA81588 THANKS

JJ_Tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Powerboost
Ugh, I've been excited all weekend that the dealer will get me fixed next week. Hopefully, we see lots more success stories this week and they can get the kinks out before my appointment.

If not I'll probably be one of the hundreds of people begging for your help on the mega thread.

Last edited:

Pat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A SuperCrew 4x4 EcoBoost
I got 2.4.3 yesterday via OTA. I'm in Early Access but wasn't selected for the initial BlueCruise roll out. Hopefully this means that the BlueCruise versions are starting to roll out more broadly?

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Ugh, I've been excited all weekend that the dealer will get me fixed next week. Hopefully, we see lots more success stories this week and they can get the kinks out before my appointment.

If not I'll probably be one of the hundreds of people begging for your help on the mega thread.
Sorry not trying to burst bubbles but the dealers are not capable.. they arenā€™t willing and to be honest ford is only paying up to 8 hrs for the entire update. Plus the dealers are not trained on the update.
All the issues that people had doing the updates.. some are extremely good and are developers.. and engineers.
There were two people I helped. They had done all the updates and everything was done. They couldnā€™t get the activation. Ford had no answers. No solution. One I know was forwarded to the top and had nothing.
Guess who fixed them. Me. Some guy on a forum. That tells me that ford has a big issue. It also tells me they have a big problem heading their way unless they get some real training out there and some real help.
There were people that were dead in their tracks because the IPC update only loaded half the files. Guess who had to help side load the other half.. if I hadnā€™t been able to they would be stuck forever. Imagine that at a dealership? They wonā€™t have any idea of what to do and wonā€™t have anyone to give them help. The ipc update affected several people . Ford says that update requires no technician involvement.

so itā€™s going to be a fiasco and a lot of people are going to be upset and ford is going to have to get it together.. or have severe problems.

JJ_Tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Powerboost
You rock and have the patience of a saint. While I'm still optimistic the dealer can get me unstuck and maybe even get me updated to BC, I certainly feel like I have learned enough from you and others to do the updates myself if I need to.

Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
You rock and have the patience of a saint. While I'm still optimistic the dealer can get me unstuck and maybe even get me updated to BC, I certainly feel like I have learned enough from you and others to do the updates myself if I need to.
I appreciate it. Iā€™m not trying to win an award or anything but I genuinely feel bad for the people that have the trucks and havenā€™t received the feature they wanted.

I am glad you remain optimistic. Youā€™re in Dallas if you go to a dealer and they need help you can reach out to me. I may even be able to go up there and show them some things OF they are willing to listen. Thatā€™s the other issue the dealers act like they knoweverything and canā€™t be taught anything. So if you get stuck let me know.

OP
OP

2AActuary

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum, Audi R8, Audi S5, Audi Q7,
I appreciate it. Iā€™m not trying to win an award or anything but I genuinely feel bad for the people that have the trucks and havenā€™t received the feature they wanted.

I am glad you remain optimistic. Youā€™re in Dallas if you go to a dealer and they need help you can reach out to me. I may even be able to go up there and show them some things OF they are willing to listen. Thatā€™s the other issue the dealers act like they knoweverything and canā€™t be taught anything. So if you get stuck let me know.
I echo this comment. Thank you for providing that content and comments. I book marked you as ā€˜Super helpful dudeā€™.

JDinNFLA

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Star White 3.5 EB
Sorry not trying to burst bubbles but the dealers are not capable.. they arenā€™t willing and to be honest ford is only paying up to 8 hrs for the entire update. Plus the dealers are not trained on the update.
All the issues that people had doing the updates.. some are extremely good and are developers.. and engineers.
There were two people I helped. They had done all the updates and everything was done. They couldnā€™t get the activation. Ford had no answers. No solution. One I know was forwarded to the top and had nothing.
Guess who fixed them. Me. Some guy on a forum. That tells me that ford has a big issue. It also tells me they have a big problem heading their way unless they get some real training out there and some real help.
There were people that were dead in their tracks because the IPC update only loaded half the files. Guess who had to help side load the other half.. if I hadnā€™t been able to they would be stuck forever. Imagine that at a dealership? They wonā€™t have any idea of what to do and wonā€™t have anyone to give them help. The ipc update affected several people . Ford says that update requires no technician involvement.

so itā€™s going to be a fiasco and a lot of people are going to be upset and ford is going to have to get it together.. or have severe problems.
You are 100% correct. All dealers. Not just Ford are not equipped with the talent to handle this. Will be a huge uphill battle. There is no way I would let a dealer attempt these updates. Much easier to sell the truck and order a new one. Thatā€™s what I would do if 2.5.2 doesnā€™t show up (my next due).

Itsjustmd

First Name
Jayce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
Well dang. Guess I'll wait and see if my truck updates rather than taking it to the dealership and them screwing it up smh.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT

Thanks Jesse for being brutally honest here. I think it is already evident even Ford isn't too behind this either as it seems it has taken them many months to even get this far to try and get a fix out.

I apologize to some degree that I do this, because I have in a few places, but I compare to Tesla, because many don't know and understand. This is what happens when Ford doesn't design something decent from the ground up for OTA updates. I do know it could be a million reasons why this Ford release failed and I don't know if they have a decent process or not. However Tesla never missed a beat. Close to 2 million cars update on average over once a month. To play in this arena you have to be rock solid.

It seems they have done better with the MachE and I'm hoping for Lightning support, but they still aren't willing to truly evolve and update on any decent scale. It takes months and months.
Sponsored