• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Bluecruise OTA Status?

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
I was bumped up to 2.5.2 last night. Got in my truck today and I saw a BlueCruise now engaged message pop up temporarily on my center gauge cluster. However, the background of the gauge cluster didn’t seem to be any different than what I’ve been experiencing for the past 15 months with just the normal intelligent cruise + lane assist. Is there a setting that I need to activate?
I am only on 2.5.1 and yesterday I turned on cruise and got the same bluecruise popup, but no visual difference in my cluster. Presumably because I don't fully have BC yet. Also, I got the "eyes on the road!" warning and my eyes were already on the road. Hopefully again, its because I don't fully have all the updates and it is not this annoying when working :ROFLMAO:
Sponsored

Timuh60

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Platinum
Occupation
Safety Manager
My truck was a the dealer for 7 days to try to get the OTA's up to date and came back with NOTHING done, dealer said they had multiple failures attempting TSB 22-2117.

To be completely honest I don't trust the Local dealer here at all, I've had ALOT of problems with them.
My truck has been in Service now on day 10 trying to get the updates straight. I have been getting many Fordpass notices for Blind spot and Pre-collision failures. Hopefully they can get it going right soon.

matrix311

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Technology Sales
Well I dropped my truck off on Tuesday of this week to get the Optional Product Improvement Program 21G01 installed. They were on module 8 of 8 and the update failed and now my truck is a paperweight. They have no idea how to proceed from here and are waiting from Ford Hot Line on what to do. I have a ton of camping trips coming up the end of the month so they better get it figured out or at least get my truck running again so i can go on these trips that have been planned for months. Not a happy camper!

Pat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A SuperCrew 4x4 EcoBoost
I got to 2.5.3 today and can confirm that the bed camera at speed works without any Forscan changes (it did not work at 2.5.2 or earlier).

I also captured the various statuses that an OTA update will go through (taken from the widget). Here's my interpretation of what they mean.

• "request_delivery_queued": an update is available for your truck (even though your truck will say that it's 'up to date' at this point), but I don't think anything is actually happening yet.
  • "request_delivery_in_progress": the truck has asked to start downloading the update. I think the truck needs to be prodded to move from the last status to this one - a full sync cycle (off and driver door open then power back on) did the trick for me sometimes.
  • "artifact_retrieval_in_progress": the truck is downloading the update - I'm curious what happens if you switch from wifi to cellular during this status. I did it once and it seemed to take longer, but it was also 2.5.1 which is a big one.
  • "installation_queued": the update has been downloaded and is waiting to be installed. For the inhibit updates, this is where you can manually chose update now or wait for the scheduled update. For the non-inhibit updates, I recommend a full sync cycle to bump the truck to the next status.
  • "deploying": update is being installed, and you may notice a sync reset.
  • "success": update is completely installed and you will get the notification from the truck and Ford Pass of the successful update.
Hope this helps for those still battling through the process. I can't guarantee that any of it is correct - it's just what I saw and experienced.

Jack in Prescott

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat PB, 2014 Mazda3
I'm still w-a-y back on 1.4 with a May 2021 Powerboost. Been to the dealer twice for an OTA fix, at their invitation, only to get no fix. No hint - from Ford or the dealer - about the dealer uploading Bluecruise, as promised some time ago by Ford.

My question: What other ways exist for communicating with Ford directly? I don't mind making an effort to work on resolving this but I've never seen comms links to Ford from a customer. Surely there are some. I'd welcome some of you more Ford-savvy folks - this is my first Ford - suggesting some contact options. Thanks, guys.

Jack

Sponsored
OP
OP

2AActuary

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum, Audi R8, Audi S5, Audi Q7,
I can confirm that with the update to 2.5.2 last night that BC is active and works. My only trouble with it that it kept randomly de-activating. I started isolating, and found out that BC seems to kick off at 81 MPH. Perhaps this is talked about elsewhere, but I hadn't noticed it mentioned.

Note that it wasn't limited to "5 over", but rather a maximum speed. I could set it at 77MPH in a 70 zone and was fine.

Ford F-150 Lightning Bluecruise OTA Status? IMG_1428

Scoop

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 SuperCrew Platinum 5.0 4x4 6.5'
My truck has been in Service now on day 10 trying to get the updates straight. I have been getting many Fordpass notices for Blind spot and Pre-collision failures. Hopefully they can get it going right soon.
Mine is on day 18 ... and that's business (work) days, not calendar days.

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
Eng
I can confirm that with the update to 2.5.2 last night that BC is active and works. My only trouble with it that it kept randomly de-activating. I started isolating, and found out that BC seems to kick off at 81 MPH. Perhaps this is talked about elsewhere, but I hadn't noticed it mentioned.

Note that it wasn't limited to "5 over", but rather a maximum speed. I could set it at 77MPH in a 70 zone and was fine.
It is confirmed that even in a 85mph speed zone, blue cruise will not work past 81 or 82.

cool rod

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Platinum, 2013 Mustang
Mine is on day 18 ... and that's business (work) days, not calendar days.
Did they offer a loaner? It says in the product improvement program that dealers are authorized to provide a comparable rental vehicle for one day, but in cases like yours it should be until the job is done.

Sponsored

Jack in Prescott

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat PB, 2014 Mazda3
Cool Rod, my experience may answer your question. My truck was caught up in the 'insulation vs. drive shaft' recall and, sure enough, my drive shaft was scored and deemed undriveable. The dealer stated their policy, when they impound a vehicle from further use, was a max of 3 days for covering a rental. So IOW the customer (me) was limited by the dealer's policy despite the replacement being many more days away. However, Ford attached a corporate policy to that specific recall that granted the customer up to 30 days of a rental (at a dollar limit of $35/day). So if my experience reflects on how this is done generally, it's 'dealer policy' unless a larger Ford allowance is assigned to the repair or recall. And since these OTA issues are being handled on an individual basis, I'll bet Ford doesn't issue a blanket rental allowance to them. I don't think the concept of 'should' applies here.

Jack

mstfld

First Name
stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F150 5.0-2013 edge
Occupation
retired
Took mind to the dealer on 4/5 for BC update they put 8 amp charger on battery still went dead put power source on completed on 4/6 they took it for test drive said it worked great, same day got message from Ford pass that my complimentary one year trial had started. Now waiting on new driveshaft. 2021 F150 Platinum 701 job 1

cool rod

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Platinum, 2013 Mustang
Cool Rod, my experience may answer your question. My truck was caught up in the 'insulation vs. drive shaft' recall and, sure enough, my drive shaft was scored and deemed undriveable. The dealer stated their policy, when they impound a vehicle from further use, was a max of 3 days for covering a rental. So IOW the customer (me) was limited by the dealer's policy despite the replacement being many more days away. However, Ford attached a corporate policy to that specific recall that granted the customer up to 30 days of a rental (at a dollar limit of $35/day). So if my experience reflects on how this is done generally, it's 'dealer policy' unless a larger Ford allowance is assigned to the repair or recall. And since these OTA issues are being handled on an individual basis, I'll bet Ford doesn't issue a blanket rental allowance to them. I don't think the concept of 'should' applies here.

Jack
Thanks Jack.

Fordphanatic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F150
Occupation
Union Carpenter
It is confirmed that even in a 85mph speed zone, blue cruise will not work past 81 or 82.
What state has a 85mph speed limit? The highest speed limit I have seen in PA is 70mph.
Sponsored