• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

BlueCruise priced at $700 per year on 2024 models .......

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
My point was that Ford charged $600 for BlueCruise on vehicles from the factory when they started charging for it. Then, they raised the price, which is now $2,100.

They think that people that paid $600 on their window sticker (as I did for my 2022 delivered in May 2022) will now pay $2,100. Good luck with that.
Yea, it's very pricey. I qualified for the $600/3 year deal and I bought it, but I don't expect many people to pony up that much money for it.
Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Yea, it's very pricey. I qualified for the $600/3 year deal and I bought it, but I don't expect many people to pony up that much money for it.
I sold my 2021 in favor of the 2022, and love BC handsfree, but won't be paying $2,100 either, or for my Lightning. I MAY pay $75 for a long trip maybe once a year.

Ford screwed the pooch on this.

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
I remember having to take my '01 M3 into BMW every other year to purchase the latest sat nav DVD for $295. and I believe that was only for one DVD that covered just CA, NV, and AZ. I guess we were all ok with that back then because you could keep using nav without paying more, just out of date maps.
Also, in '01 the alternative was printing off the directions in mapquest and if you made a wrong turn, trying to back track till you found a way to get back to the directions. Or you had a separate device like a garmin or tom tom that you had to pay for yearly updates to, though they were a lot cheaper, and they still were immediately stale if you lived in a new construction area.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
I had a USB adapter that plugged in to my laptop and gave me GPS for mapping. Maybe it was MapQuest, I forget.

Ish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜23 Lariat ER
Iā€™m up in the air right now on what Iā€™ll do at the end of ā€˜26 when my trial expires. I like BC 1.0, even with its flaws, and if Ford were to continually make improvements and updates I could easily get behind making monthly payments. However, the first five months of ownership have had absolutely zero BC updates which isnā€™t a great trajectory for when the trial ends. A pricing scheme of $50/month $500/year is in line with what Iā€™d have no problem paying for monthly updates.

Iā€™m not thrilled with the transition to subscription pricing but I think weā€™re all along for the ride at this point. If the up front price of the vehicle was lowered to adjust for the transition to back end costs I would be able to get more behind the transition but thatā€™s not going to happen.

Sponsored

ChrisCon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Carbonized Grey Lightning Lariat ER
My wife just ordered a 2025 ford explorer platinum v6/4 wd/ ultimate package. We were waiting for a three row electric explorer but that seems years away now .

Anyways , we checked all the boxes except the 1 year of bluecruise hoping that ford will offer a deal to new owners who donā€™t extend past the trial period .

That said, four days a week I travel completely hands free over 80 miles . 320 miles a week *52 weeks a year =at least 16,640 miles . This means
If I was paying for blue cruise on my lightning itā€™s .04 a mile. Or $3.20 per commute . This amount would be absolutely worth it to me.

For my wife who doesnā€™t drive like I do , itā€™s not worth it for her to get blue cruise hands free.

I personally think the increase is due to Ford shutting their ADAS company ARGO AI in February 2023 . Then just 90 days later they increased the price of blue cruise . Why ? Well blue cruise is just intel Mobileye software and itā€™s very possible that intel raised the royalty rates after they saw that ford now definitely lacked an in house solution.

ChrisCon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Carbonized Grey Lightning Lariat ER
I had a USB adapter that plugged in to my laptop and gave me GPS for mapping. Maybe it was MapQuest, I forget.
I was pulled over in Georgia in 1999 for ā€œwatching tvā€ in the front seat , while I was actually using my laptop with basic mapping software and a usb gps antenna attached with a magnet to the top of my car . We were going to a phish concert for the millennium in Florida on NYE . Anyways , this technology blew the cops mind and he told us to have a nice day after I gave him a tour . The laptop of course was not connected to the internet in any way.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass

Willebrew

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Pre-Order | Lightning Lariat ER Owner
Occupation
Software Developer & CEO - ADAS research and development for fun
My wife just ordered a 2025 ford explorer platinum v6/4 wd/ ultimate package. We were waiting for a three row electric explorer but that seems years away now .

Anyways , we checked all the boxes except the 1 year of bluecruise hoping that ford will offer a deal to new owners who donā€™t extend past the trial period .

That said, four days a week I travel completely hands free over 80 miles . 320 miles a week *52 weeks a year =at least 16,640 miles . This means
If I was paying for blue cruise on my lightning itā€™s .04 a mile. Or $3.20 per commute . This amount would be absolutely worth it to me.

For my wife who doesnā€™t drive like I do , itā€™s not worth it for her to get blue cruise hands free.

I personally think the increase is due to Ford shutting their ADAS company ARGO AI in February 2023 . Then just 90 days later they increased the price of blue cruise . Why ? Well blue cruise is just intel Mobileye software and itā€™s very possible that intel raised the royalty rates after they saw that ford now definitely lacked an in house solution.
The computer powering BlueCruise is equipped with the Mobileye Q4 chip and some of the driver aids are enhanced with Mobileyeā€™s software but almost everything is designed in-house by Fordā€™s ADAS team and Latitude AI. BlueCruise is Fordā€™s (Latitude AIā€™s) solution, not Mobileyeā€™s. BlueCruise may be enhanced by some Mobileye software such as REM but we donā€™t know this for sure, and that deals with the mapping which is only used by BlueCruise in hands-free zones (to my knowledge). My guess is Ford did an evaluation on the data collected by the fleet (such as usage) and valued BlueCruise as such. I personally think itā€™s ridiculous to charge $700-$800 a year for what is basically map updates and updates to BlueCruiseā€™s architecture and driving model, which is most likely trained off of data collected by the fleet. Itā€™s just not a good value (and I use it just about every time I drive). I hope the Ford and Latitude AI teams figure this out soon and adjust the pricing before people pay these insane prices.

Sponsored

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning
Netflix: $23/month
Amazon Prime: $12/month
My phone service: $50/month
BlueCruise: $58/month

BlueCruise is a nice product but it hasn't improved in the 18 months I've used it and as a value proposition compares unfavourably to my expenses listed above.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
I was pulled over in Georgia in 1999 for ā€œwatching tvā€ in the front seat , while I was actually using my laptop with basic mapping software and a usb gps antenna attached with a magnet to the top of my car . We were going to a phish concert for the millennium in Florida on NYE . Anyways , this technology blew the cops mind and he told us to have a nice day after I gave him a tour . The laptop of course was not connected to the internet in any way.
And I thought I was the only one to use a laptop and a USB GPS puck to navigate back in "the day" LOL.

Minh

First Name
Minh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Will never trust technology to drive itself unless all vehicle on the road is also self driving or road is built specifically for it.

had an incident on the highway with the Mach e showing hand free but when it had to make a sharper left turn than normal seem like it freaked out and instead turn right. Luckily my distrust of technology (for many reason) had me kept my hands on the wheel to correct it.

much preferred intelligent adaptive cruise control this way I can drink a cup of coffee without the vehicle hammering me to keep my eyes on the road

wonder would an open eye graphic glasses trick the vehicle.

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
Will never trust technology to drive itself unless all vehicle on the road is also self driving or road is built specifically for it.

had an incident on the highway with the Mach e showing hand free but when it had to make a sharper left turn than normal seem like it freaked out and instead turn right. Luckily my distrust of technology (for many reason) had me kept my hands on the wheel to correct it.

much preferred intelligent adaptive cruise control this way I can drink a cup of coffee without the vehicle hammering me to keep my eyes on the road

wonder would an open eye graphic glasses trick the vehicle.
Well to be honest, you are ā€˜requiredā€™ to pay attention to what is going on. Yes, the system leaves a lot to be desired, but if used as advertised, it does make long tripping a lot less stressful.
Sponsored