• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

BlueCruise priced at $700 per year on 2024 models .......

Daragh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Engineer
My 2023 Lightning came with Blue Cruise 1.0 (guessing it was priced in but not an itemized item). Looked at the 2024 today to see what has changed and noticed Blue Cruise only comes with a 90 Day trial, if you want it for 3 years you need to pony up a whopping $2,100, so its $700 per year.

Personally I find this extortionate, I'll enjoy the 3 years I've got but after that it'll be standard cruise control for me.
Sponsored

OtterJohn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I thought I saw something about it being $800/year...so maybe they've dropped it a little bit.

Like you, I'll use it (sparingly) while I have it on my 2023, but will not be renewing when it expires (my wife doesn't trust it anyway, and I'm not enamored of it either...certainly not to the tune of almost $1000 a year).

Toby57

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F-150 XL 101A
Occupation
retired
Navigation is next.
Manufacturers will find out how much monthly folks will pay to keep navigation up to date.
As of now, ALL F 150s come with wifi hotspot and navigation. Even the XL with no extras.
Interest rates are not the only thing keeping people from buying.

AZT9

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Escalade, 2018 Tesla Model 3
Navigation is next.
Manufacturers will find out how much monthly folks will pay to keep navigation up to date.
As of now, ALL F 150s come with wifi hotspot and navigation. Even the XL with no extras.
Enter Apple CarPlay FTW

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
Navigation is next.
Thats been happening for years for Nav. My other vehicle wants $150 to update nav maps.

Sponsored

Lytning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prev: 2000 SVT Lightning; Now: 2022 BEV Lightning
Occupation
Engineer
My 2023 Lightning came with Blue Cruise 1.0 (guessing it was priced in but not an itemized item). Looked at the 2024 today to see what has changed and noticed Blue Cruise only comes with a 90 Day trial, if you want it for 3 years you need to pony up a whopping $2,100, so its $700 per year.

Personally I find this extortionate, I'll enjoy the 3 years I've got but after that it'll be standard cruise control for me.
I have concluded the high price is to cover the legal fees and settlements when it fails to work properly.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X

I thought I saw something about it being $800/year...so maybe they've dropped it a little bit.

Like you, I'll use it (sparingly) while I have it on my 2023, but will not be renewing when it expires (my wife doesn't trust it anyway, and I'm not enamored of it either...certainly not to the tune of almost $1000 a year).
$2,100 for 3 years.
$800 for 1 year.
$75 for 1 month.

Used to be $600 for 3 years. 2023 would have been $2,100 at least mid-year on, not sure when it changed for the Lightning.

Grease Lightning

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT
Navigation is next.
This is not a “next” thing, it already is in practice. GM did it with my 2017 Silverado. As long as I had a paid OnStar subscription it would stay up to date, but after the 5-year “trial” it was no longer updated outside of that subscription.

When GM announced it was going away from CarPlay and move to subscriptions, I was like okay that is the last GM I will be buying.

While I find zero value in bluecruise, I accept it can be a subscription service as there is a lot that happens for updates and stuff. General and basic car functionality should never be. Like subscription heated seats. I loved that on😂🤣

pkirby11

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
My biggest problem with Ford and a subscription is that they don't so far show they even have the capability to keep it updated. Why am I going to continue to pay a subscription for something that came with the car that never gets updated, at least while Tesla charges you a lot for FSD it gets updated while Ford can't even get BC 1.3 or 1.4 to users. Honestly won't ever by a Ford again for this reason, love the truck but Ford promised new updates and can't deliver.

Sponsored

Texas Dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'04 Envoy XL 4WD, '15 Fusion Energi, '19 Niro EV
Occupation
Engineer
Considering that the price of the 2023 Lariat dropped $6k months after I bought mine, I figure I paid for my Blue Cruise. I won’t have to worry about paying any more for Blue Cruise until 2026. Who knows what things will be like in 2026, I might be able to buy a full self driving AI Comma by then.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
$2,100 for 3 years.
$800 for 1 year.
$75 for 1 month.

Used to be $600 for 3 years. 2023 would have been $2,100 at least mid-year on, not sure when it changed for the Lightning.
$600 for 3 years was only offered to Job 1 F150 and Mach E owners who bought their vehicle without Bluecruise and the promise that it was coming via software updates.

BabyDoc1012

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT, 2022 Mustang Mach 1, 2021 Expedition
This is not a “next” thing, it already is in practice. GM did it with my 2017 Silverado. As long as I had a paid OnStar subscription it would stay up to date, but after the 5-year “trial” it was no longer updated outside of that subscription.

When GM announced it was going away from CarPlay and move to subscriptions, I was like okay that is the last GM I will be buying.

While I find zero value in bluecruise, I accept it can be a subscription service as there is a lot that happens for updates and stuff. General and basic car functionality should never be. Like subscription heated seats. I loved that on😂🤣
I have had a GMC Sierra since 2011, except for the last four months when I bought a titan, worst vehicle I’ve ever owned. Like you though when I heard GM was getting rid of CarPlay I knew that would be my last GM. I wanted a lightning anyway, so that helped seal the deal.

GunRack

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lighting XLT, Model 3 RWD
I remember having to take my '01 M3 into BMW every other year to purchase the latest sat nav DVD for $295. and I believe that was only for one DVD that covered just CA, NV, and AZ. I guess we were all ok with that back then because you could keep using nav without paying more, just out of date maps.

With bluecruise as subscription, I'd expect it to be available to everyone for those prices. You're paying for the hardware with top trim levels, then paying monthly after that. Seems wrong. A subscription model should imply that everyone has the option to buy it.

I'm still waiting for a pet mode and to know what my current charging rate is. Sell me those features as a one time fee. I could see a hundred to two hundred bucks for that. I'd be much more open to that option if it meant quicker feature releases.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
$600 for 3 years was only offered to Job 1 F150 and Mach E owners who bought their vehicle without Bluecruise and the promise that it was coming via software updates.
My point was that Ford charged $600 for BlueCruise on vehicles from the factory when they started charging for it. Then, they raised the price, which is now $2,100.

They think that people that paid $600 on their window sticker (as I did for my 2022 delivered in May 2022) will now pay $2,100. Good luck with that.
Sponsored