• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Buzzing in the passenger side when in R N D, normal??

Eastbaylightning

First Name
Antz Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Hello Folks,
I just noticed this weekend my Pro is making louder buzzing/humming noise when in R N D. It can be heard from the inside but loudest underneath the headlight passenger side. It’s not plugged in to the charger. See video attached.
I could have sworn I’ve never heard this loud buzz since I have the truck in January.
Is this normal?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Eastbaylightning

First Name
Antz Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
video below

180ABL

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Avalanche Lightning Lariat ER
Isn't that the pedestrian noise speaker thing?

OP
OP

Eastbaylightning

First Name
Antz Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Isn't that the pedestrian noise speaker thing?
Is it a speaker thing? It’s quite loud and we’d never noticed it before…
Does yours have the same noise also?

180ABL

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Avalanche Lightning Lariat ER
Yep, they all do. Shuts off at a certain speed.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Eastbaylightning

First Name
Antz Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro

Replika

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MR. PLOW - ER Lariat
I really hope they don't change the volume of this in updates. I'm on 3.5.5 and it is exceptionally quiet from the cabin. I notice other electronic sounds far before hearing the pedestrian noisemaker.

OP
OP

Eastbaylightning

First Name
Antz Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
I really hope they don't change the volume of this in updates. I'm on 3.5.5 and it is exceptionally quiet from the cabin. I notice other electronic sounds far before hearing the pedestrian noisemaker.
I’m on 4.1.1. Since 2 weeks ago, but it’s been exceptionally quite. Just noticed it this weekend… maybe it will disappear again? I don’t know 🤔

mattskr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Platinum Iconic Silver
It won't disappear. I just discovered it last weekend after nearly two months of ownership. Thought something was terribly wrong but there is a speaker behind the bumper that emits the ugly tone and backup beeping. For liability reasons I would not tamper with it.

OP
OP

Eastbaylightning

First Name
Antz Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
It won't disappear. I just discovered it last weekend after nearly two months of ownership. Thought something was terribly wrong but there is a speaker behind the bumper that emits the ugly tone and backup beeping. For liability reasons I would not tamper with it.
I know the backup beeping is behind the passenfer side tow hook, and can be removed. But for safety I’m leaving it there. The electric buzzing/humming noise is my concern. I wonder if MME is also the same.

Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
I know the backup beeping is behind the passenfer side tow hook, and can be removed. But for safety I’m leaving it there. The electric buzzing/humming noise is my concern. I wonder if MME is also the same.
Every car is required to have a minimum noise level at low speeds. Hybrids and BEVs must artificially create the noise since there’s virtually no engine noise.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Both noises come from the same speaker.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Hello Folks,
I just noticed this weekend my Pro is making louder buzzing/humming noise when in R N D. It can be heard from the inside but loudest underneath the headlight passenger side. It’s not plugged in to the charger. See video attached.
I could have sworn I’ve never heard this loud buzz since I have the truck in January.
Is this normal?
Hello again! I can look into this for you if you'd like. Feel free to send over your VIN and dealership information at your earliest convenience.
Sponsored