• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Camera Zoom...Did I Really Overlook This for Over a Year?

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
Ford F-150 Lightning Camera Zoom...Did I Really Overlook This for Over a Year? 2023-10-10 06.41.27
Ford F-150 Lightning Camera Zoom...Did I Really Overlook This for Over a Year? 2023-10-10 06.41.34

Just noticed the ability to zoom in on an area in the camera. I do not recall seeing this before, but I've had no updates lately.

The camera system still sucks compared to my last vehicle! Come on @Ford Motor Company Company[/USER] If I'm trying to maneuver this beast into a parking spot, the front camera should automatically come on when shifting from reverse to drive and guide lines are just as important on the front camera!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
2023-10-10 06.41.27.jpg
2023-10-10 06.41.34.jpg

Just noticed the ability to zoom in on an area in the camera. I do not recall seeing this before, but I've had no updates lately.

The camera system still sucks to my last vehicle! Come on @Ford Motor Company If I'm trying to maneuver this beast into a parking spot, the front camera should automatically come on when shifting from reverse to drive and guide lines are just as important on the front camera!
Ford F-150 Lightning Camera Zoom...Did I Really Overlook This for Over a Year? 1696981705309

wighty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT (SR 311A), 2023 Genesis GV60
front camera should automatically come on when shifting from reverse to drive and guide lines are just as important on the front camera!
100%. My Genesis GV60 shows the front camera up to like 5mph maybe? Big help, and it would be even better on the lightning. I also like the GV60 showing the side view mirror camera feed in the dash when you use your turn signal.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
That has been available for some time, months ago I played with it as well as the quarter views.

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
the front camera should automatically come on when shifting from reverse to drive
No, that's not necessary, the front camera comes on when the sensors detect something close.

Sponsored

Whitewater64

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY 23 F150 Lightning Lariat ER Max Tow Star White
Occupation
Singer/Conductor
100%. My Genesis GV60 shows the front camera up to like 5mph maybe? Big help, and it would be even better on the lightning. I also like the GV60 showing the side view mirror camera feed in the dash when you use your turn signal.
I totally agree. The automatic parking camera assist on the Genesis is great! It really is better to be able to see everything BEFORE you get close to it. ESPECIALLY with the size/height of our front end. And the immediate side view for lane change is awesome. It's just software, so come Ford! Give it to us! We'll love you even more.

Skidrowe

First Name
Gideon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning ER, 2014 Honda Pilot
I seem to recall playing with those settings when my truck was new and I was testing out different features. I haven't used them since.

craig040608

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning ER - Max Tow Star White
...guide lines are just as important on the front camera!
Couldn't tell if you'd already noticed so just to make sure, you can get top-down guidelines on the front if you zoom to the front from the 360 camera arrow you have pictured.
I feel like it's buried too deep to use regularly, but I've actually found it handy in a really tight drive-thru lane before.

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
boy! and sometimes you need it in a 'pinch'... such as at a taco bell 'tight' drivethru today, where you couldn't really tell the hazard until it was too late and you were already 'in' the lane... WHY IN THE WORLD would a fast food restaurant with a drivetru business that they have RESTRICT vehicles to such madness!!!??? I had to use the overview camera TWICE at both the entrance 'turn' after ordering, and the final 'turn' around the front of the building after pickup... they even put a HUGE BOLDER at the 'curve' of the exit to just ADD to the madness!

OP
OP
MickeyAO

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Couldn't tell if you'd already noticed so just to make sure, you can get top-down guidelines on the front if you zoom to the front from the 360 camera arrow you have pictured.
I feel like it's buried too deep to use regularly, but I've actually found it handy in a really tight drive-thru lane before.
Those lines are different. I want the same lines as the reverse camera showing the arc, just like I had on my Sierra Denali

No, that's not necessary, the front camera comes on when the sensors detect something close.
I don't want to have to get close if maneuvering into a spot...I would prefer to see where I am going BEFORE I get too close to an object where I have to back up again.

Sponsored

RedLightning86

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning (Lariat). 2009 Escape Hybrid.
My 2019 Ram had better image cameras. Hope Ford will step up their game like Ram did!

OP
OP
MickeyAO

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation

Traconesu

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford lightning platinum
Occupation
Retired
2023-10-10 06.41.27.jpg
2023-10-10 06.41.34.jpg

The camera system still sucks compared to my last vehicle! Come on @Ford Motor Company Company[/USER] If I'm trying to maneuver this beast into a parking spot, the front camera should automatically come on when shifting from reverse to drive and guide lines are just as important on the front camera!
Camera zoom has always been there as far as I know.
Sponsored