• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Can’t set charging location at home -[fix post 42]

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Ford F150 Lightning Flash
This is a secondary issue, you should be able to see charging records, they typically post about ~12 hours after unplugging from the EVSE.

I wonder if you have multiple vehicle profiles, hopefully it's only listing one for your truck.

Click the drop list next to your vehicle custom name, do you have access to other Ford vehicles or maybe a ghost entry?

1715971963443-zg.png
1715972026718-pq.png
I only show my Truck.

Ford F-150 Lightning Can’t set charging location at home -[fix post 42] appscreenshot
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired

JL13

First Name
José
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Retired
At least I'm not alone..... This my exact situation since about a week or so for now. It all started when I started to lose communication between the FordPass on my Android Pixel 7 pro and my 2023 F 150 Lightning Platinum; I couldn't get the battery state of charge and the estimated mileage for some reasons.
So, I started the classic truck master reset by disconnecting the 12 volt battery for few minutes; but no change. Went to FordPass app, cleared the cache, the data later on, again no change. Uninstalled the app from the phone, shutdown the phone before reinstalling FordPass. After setting everything up again in FordPass (kind of painful...); same thing still no communication with the truck other than the Bluetooth stuff (PAAK, remote start.... All working).
Finally attempted factory reset on the big screen and the pain to reset the entire driver profile with all the features. Now I can receive the battery s.o.c and the estimated mileage but no more possibility of scheduling the home charging location. System keeps telling me that I have to charge first at that location before assigning a schedule time. The charging logs are posted the following day with my home address but the address location doesn't get saved. Then I thought maybe I need to charge the truck at an EA station which I did; address of EA station gets reported in the log but not saved in the FordPass app. Talking to Ford support, I was told that the only to charge the truck for now is to use the one time charge limit on the big screen in the truck, in my case I want to limit the total charge to 85% from 11:00 PM to 5:00 AM to take advantage of the off peak hour rate of $0.08 / KWH. I have to do that manually from now on since I'm not able to use the charge scheduling in the FordPass app or in the truck; the automatic scheduling way was what I used since I bought my truck six months ago and it was working flawlessly...
It has to be something different on the Ford side.... I even had one of my son's install FordPass on his iPhone 15 with all my credentials, we got the same results; so it's not a phone issue....

OMO7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning
While tinkering with my FP, I'm seeing this frequently while viewing the [Vehicle] tab or after requesting a data update: Maybe more server issues at Ford today??

1715973852756-7o.png
I opened my app to check and have the same thing. Must be an issue on their end.

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Interesting, so this should be a warning to everyone else.

DO NOT delete established charging profiles, as you may not be able to create a substitute.

I have mine from weeks / months ago and it's still working fine.

I posted a 1 star review in the android play store, maybe one of the Ford pass analysts will notice and take the feedback to the DEV's for investigation....

For those of you unable to create a charging profile IN TRUCK on the Sync screen, please us the feedback messaging system in Sync

Last edited:

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Weirdly, this information screen is always popping up as if I were a first-time user of preferred charge times!!

Ford F-150 Lightning Can’t set charging location at home -[fix post 42] 1715995094376-3

When I click Begin Setup, it brings me to my previously built profile which I can edit.

Ford F-150 Lightning Can’t set charging location at home -[fix post 42] 1715995149393-qq

OMO7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning
Weirdly, this information screen is always popping up as if I were a first-time user of preferred charge times!!

1715995094376-3j.jpg

When I click Begin Setup, it brings me to my previously built profile which I can edit.

1715995149393-qq.jpg
You're playing a dangerous game considering the state of the app right now.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
You're playing a dangerous game considering the state of the app right now.
Yes, I'm not removing my charging profile, lately I've not been needing much energy for the Lightning, riding the Harley much more with milder weather. I will be charging Saturday evening, to confirm that my profile is still functional and hopefully I'll have a charging record, Sunday morning.

JL13

First Name
José
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Retired
I hope that your profile will still work for you TaxmanHog..... Maybe that was my mistake in deleting everything from my FordPass profile in an attempt to re-establish the communication with the truck..... Anyway, the current FordPass app behavior is very weird....
Does anybody know where to find earlier FordPass .apk application files for Android on the net? Then the next step would be how to install this older .apk file on the Android, essentially bypassing the Google Play Store and see if it possible to recover this preferred charge times feature functionality? At this point I don't know what else to try....

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I hope that your profile will still work for you TaxmanHog.....
Tonight's charging session worked perfectly; I also was able to tweak the values on the fly while it was still charging, 58% to 90% was the original goal, but I decided to play with the setting via Ford Pass, rolled the max to 85% saved it and the EVSE stopped at the revised 85% stop point.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Major Update!

Had a service appointment at the dealer. It was the first time they had seen this issue, even many of the staff including the owner had mache's so they knew what the menu was supposed to be doing.

Service updated the firmware on the Truck's Charging Controller via their diagnostics tools, (they were going to also do the APIM).

After the Charging Controller update, the Set Charging Location function works as it should.

SO happy!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Also, and this isn't really related, but *as I was waiting at service* I got a prompr in FordPass to try the new app so I did.

I like it a lot better, it's going in the right direction.
Sponsored