• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Nope - sorry, not on the Lightning yet, but this is what we like to see coming.

Just installed on a Mach-E today. Updates to improve SW install AND remote start now remembers and uses the most recent driving profile so that your truck doesn't remote start into the Guest profile.

FORD is truly starting to listen - hell we've only been screaming at them for 2 years :)

Ford F-150 Lightning Coming Soon - 24-PU0121-FTDI-FX - Battery optimization for SW updates Screenshot_20240320_132814_FordPass
Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Recalls "most recent profile." That's closer to correct, but why not use the profile associated with the mobile device asking for the remote start?
Or recognize the phone or FOB that the person is unlocking the drivers door with.

Reactions: GDN

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Or recognize the phone or FOB that the person is unlocking the drivers door with.
That should be possible for the phone, but the car has no idea which fob is in your pocket when remote starting.

Sponsored

Shawnson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, Tesla Model 3, Subaru Crosstrek
Occupation
Dev
That should be possible for the phone, but the car has no idea which fob is in your pocket when remote starting.
you can start it with the fob?!?!? 🤔

Danface

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT

Just installed on a Mach-E today. Updates to improve SW install AND remote start now remembers and uses the most recent driving profile so that your truck doesn't remote start into the Guest profile.

FORD is truly starting to listen - hell we've only been screaming at them for 2 years :)

Screenshot_20240320_132814_FordPass.jpg
... "designed" to help make your vehicle better over time. I bet Legal OK'ed that wording!

Last edited:

Lytning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prev: 2000 SVT Lightning; Now: 2022 BEV Lightning
Occupation
Engineer

Screenshot_20240320_132814_FordPass.jpg
Just think of the credibility and respect @Ford Motor Company could have received if they acknowledged the owner input with a slightly revised description ...

"Your vehicle's battery management is now upgraded to optimize battery charge for receiving software updates, aiming to make the update process more seamless. This change is Ford's response to owners screaming at us for two years." 😂

Actually, I am very pleased that Ford did listen and respond to owner issues and feedback. Things zip along at a glacial pace in large corporations.

Sponsored

Shawnson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Dev
We’re talking remote start here. No, you can’t do that with the fob.
well the fob is technically also a remote, but I see what you were trying to say now.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
well the fob is technically also a remote, but I see what you were trying to say now.
The Lightning fob doesn’t have a “Start” button. They used that position for the frunk.

deserthi

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Tech
Why would one need a remote start for an EV?

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Why would one need a remote start for an EV?
I use it often when with the family. It was 85-90F last October when we went to the pumpkin patch. I used remote start to cool the truck as we were wrapping up and about to leave.

Shawnson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Dev
The Lightning fob doesn’t have a “Start” button. They used that position for the frunk.
I know that’s why I was confused if there was a secret that I didn’t know. It’s fine. We’re on the same page now.
Sponsored