• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Comma AI self driver assistant

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Just got the comma 3x running in my truck. I'm having some start up faults while the comma 3x is booting. The lighting throws steering, related sensor codes. Then after it comes on line within 20 seconds it all goes away.

First impression is that this is powerfull tech. I need time to get used to it's abilities but it's working. Way more stable on freeway and it works on side roads. I'm not comfortable with it driving me fully on side streets with stop lights quite yet.

Looking for solutions to get the warnings to go away. I was told the lighting has lots of electrical interference. I may try adding a ferrite core around the usb cable to reduce the interference.
1000006057.jpg
Please keep us updated. This interests me.
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired

OP
OP
Drayday55

Drayday55

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Contractor
Thanks guys. I had a major hand injury on Sunday . I have to park this project for a few weeks. I need a surgery in a month so thus will delay me a bit but I can tell the comma system is getting really advanced with each update. It's really good up to 65mph. I'm still having ping pong issues. Could be. 1. Micro vibration on the windshield mount. 2. My tinted windshield. 3. Alignment issue. Or 4. I need to recalibrate the ipma as some sensors from Ford the comma may be using are out if whack.

Ajzride from f150 forum made a lengthened harness with a resistor so us lightning owners don't get interference on start up causing can bus errors. This is out for testing with another lightning.

Ill.kepp you guys posted. Thanks

Sponsored

windydrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Solar Installer/Electrician
Wishing a quick recovery. I have a 23 Lariat Lightning with BC and hate the nags, can't even look away to change the station for more than a second or two and the fact that only once or twice a month do I get to drive hands free do to not traveling on interstate very often. What all do I need to get this installed?

OP
OP
Drayday55

Drayday55

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Contractor
Wishing a quick recovery. I have a 23 Lariat Lightning with BC and hate the nags, can't even look away to change the station for more than a second or two and the fact that only once or twice a month do I get to drive hands free do to not traveling on interstate very often. What all do I need to get this installed?
You need the new comma x3. And ford q4 harness.

Right now there are guys working minor bugs out for wiring so we don't get errors on start up. This may be solved soon with modifying the q4 harness ( it's easy, just lengthening a few wires and adding a resistor).

I can pass on the usb cables and other minor items I used.

I haven't driven in 2 weeks and probably won't for another month. I miss my truck.

windydrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Solar Installer/Electrician
Ordered the x3 and q4 harness. What else?

OP
OP
Drayday55

Drayday55

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Contractor
Ordered the x3 and q4 harness. What else?
I'll post the usb cable that worked for me. You also need a 6 inch cat5 patch cable. Any will due. Keep in mind. Once the bugs are worked out with the modified q4 harness we will not need the usb cable. The supplied cables should work. I don't have any idea when but it should be soon.

OP
OP
Drayday55

Drayday55

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Contractor

Sponsored

3rdgenfan

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 XLT SR, G8 GXP, TDI Rabbit
I've got just shy of 5,000 miles of using my Comma 3X unit in my Lightning.

Was part of the reason I went through with doing the ACC/Lane Centering retrofit.

OP
OP
Drayday55

Drayday55

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Contractor
I've got just shy of 5,000 miles of using my Comma 3X unit in my Lightning.

Was part of the reason I went through with doing the ACC/Lane Centering retrofit.
Do you have any faults at startup?
Sponsored