• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
There are now two easy ways to get your vehicle serviced without ever leaving your home or office. With Ford Pickup & Delivery*, your preferred Ford Dealer will pick up your vehicle, service it at the dealership and drop it back off. And with Ford Mobile Service**, have your vehicle serviced right in your driveway.

Contact your preferred dealer to schedule an appointment today or learn more about Ford's convenient service options.

*Ford Pickup & Delivery is offered by participating dealers and may be limited based on availability, distance, or other dealer-specified criteria. Does not include parts or repair charges. A nonoperational vehicle is not eligible and will require a Roadside event.
** Ford Mobile Service is offered by participating dealers and may be limited based on availability, distance, or other dealer-specified criteria. Does not include parts or repair charges. Available at select locations. Services and mileage vary by participating dealer. See dealer for details.
Sponsored

FinsNBolts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat
I’ve used this several times. the whole, it is a really nice and convenient method of getting basic service done. My dealership is close to me, but it’s so much nicer and an added benefit to know they just come and pick up the truck or work on it in the parking lot without much disruption. I am extremely pleased with this convenience because I don’t like disrupting my daily routine.

With that said, there are a couple of logistic kinks for Ford to work out and I have no doubt they will. All generally minor, but I thought I would throw them out here

Once or twice I’ve scheduled for pickup or mobile service and the notes I’ve added into the online system doesn’t get pushed to the dealer or service tech. I then get a call from the dealer who isn’t exactly sure what service I’m requesting.

Additionally, the system doesn’t auto filter what service can be done mobile versus scheduling a dealer pickup. I’ve had a mobile service scheduled and then been told “we can’t do this by mobile service.” Then the appointment has to be rescheduled to fit the dealer schedule. Not ideal.

They do a good job sending text confirmations about the vehicle being picked up and delivered to the dealer. That’s pretty neat.

Third, there isn’t any pick up scheduling window provided so it’s hard to plan for when they will come get the vehicle. I’ve had an 8:00am appointment but they didnt come until an hour after the scheduled time. When I first did the appointment I had a meeting scheduled and didn’t realize I needed to give their techs a longer buffer time since the appointment is more of a suggested time.

It may be that different dealers use different scheduling systems, but this is 100% better than pulling into the dealership and dealing with that antiquated system of scheduling service.

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
I've used the pickup and delivery service several times for minor issues with my lightning. Love it!

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
I've also run into the issue where the technician that comes isn't EV-rated (given my dealership only has one that is, not surprising). The fact that this was only the 2nd Lightning he'd seen up close, that he didn't know what the BMS sensor in his hand was, that he filled out the vehicle inspection checklists (fluids, tires, etc.) without doing them, and that he didn't bring a USB key for an update... I did get my sensor replaced just fine, and showed him how to close the frunk manually after it's been open too long...

I look forward to this working more smoothly in the future.

Grumpy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Pro SR
*Ford Pickup & Delivery is offered by participating dealers
It is unfortuant that Ford Motor Company apparently can't provide a website listing:
A. Dealers that provide this remote service without us calling and asking each one
B. Dealers that have EV chargers
C. Dealers that are EV certified

Basically help us with dealing with their Dealers that do not support the EV revolution.

Sponsored

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
Dealers that provide this remote service without us calling and asking each one
I agree. It will affect the dealer I choose for service work. The dealer where I bought my truck just finished the PDI on their own mobile service truck February 13th. It was sitting in front of their new car customer delivery showroom. It's a new service for them, at least.

mattskr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Platinum Iconic Silver
@Ford Motor Company what would be ideal is if Ford-e just starts operating their own mobile service vans and we can schedule appointments directly from YOUR website or FordPass.

While we're at it I'd like to buy my next Lightning in FordPass with no negotiations or other BS and have it delivered to me.

No need for the middlemen anymore.

cal

First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning, Tesla Model S Plaid
Occupation
retired
I've used this twice and it's outstanding. Pick up and return the same day. Bragged about this on the tesla motors owners club. Been a Telsa owner for about 10 years and saw service erode to the well deserved laughing stock rep it has today.

Oh my Model S stopped walk away locking (2nd time). Telsa fixed it with a mobile service the first time. For some reason I've gotta take my car in (no mobile service or pick up offered). Can't fix it OTA.

Ford service has been outstanding so far. Never thought Ford service would be better than Tesla! My dealer says this is supposed to be offered at all Ford dealers but we know that might not be true. There is only one dealer in Vancouver WA and I'm luck they do.

stickyfingers

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Is this service available in Canada?
Sponsored