• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Missing Tire Pressure App

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
My tire pressure app is now gone. I even rebooted Sync and it's still gone. This app is critical for me to be able to drive the truck safely, and it's gone. A friend mentioned I shouldn't rely on the TPMS system as a replacement for a tire gauge, and asked why I didn't just use a tire gauge? I said "what, I should kneel down, remove the cap, and get my hands dirty? I paid $80,000 for this truck and the tire pressure app is GONE!".

[tongue-in-cheek, but my app disappeared I assume from a recent update]
Sponsored

sstevetx

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER w/Max Tow - Atlas Blue
Did you check in the dash display? I believe mine disappeared from the Sync display after one of the FDRS updates.
Menu -> Truck Info -> Tire Pressure

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
It was redundant since the info is also available in the instrument panel. Mine disappeared about the time the SoC got added to the instrument panel. Not sure if it was the same update, but the timing was close.

OP
OP
RickLightning

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Funny how they remove it in the truck but not the Mach-E...

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
My tire pressure app is now gone. I even rebooted Sync and it's still gone. This app is critical for me to be able to drive the truck safely, and it's gone. A friend mentioned I shouldn't rely on the TPMS system as a replacement for a tire gauge, and asked why I didn't just use a tire gauge? I said "what, I should kneel down, remove the cap, and get my hands dirty? I paid $80,000 for this truck and the tire pressure app is GONE!".

[tongue-in-cheek, but my app disappeared I assume from a recent update]
Double check your selected features in the custom / my menus on the drivers screen, IIRC I've had my favorites change after an update, I had to reselect them.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I didn't realize there was an app - I assume you all truly mean on the center stack screen. I've only used the one on the screen behind the wheel.

The latest update has tanked Alexa and the press for Ford prompt - any slight chance it is related?

On a side note - I noticed a week back I had 3 perfect rows of apps - 18. Then I looked a few days ago and one was missing. Then today all 18 back. I need to take a picture so I can compare if it drops back to 17 again.

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
It's way more convenient on the inst cluster. I didn't even realize it had an app.

You can keep it up on the ic all the time and still have your big screen for nav and Spotify.

You are once again safe from low tire pressure.

OP
OP
RickLightning

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It's way more convenient on the inst cluster. I didn't even realize it had an app.

You can keep it up on the ic all the time and still have your big screen for nav and Spotify.

You are once again safe from low tire pressure.
NO!!!!!

Whammy Bar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1971 F100 + 2022⚡Lariat ER
Occupation
Electrician
Have mine in the Ford pass app (Android) as well as in the truck.

Ford pass > Vehicle > Status > Tire Pressure Monitoring

Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Also, the app is not nearly as useful since they shrunk the tiles. You used to be able to see the pressures in the tile with the app minimized.

OP
OP
RickLightning

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Have mine in the Ford pass app (Android) as well as in the truck.

Ford pass > Vehicle > Status > Tire Pressure Monitoring
It's illegal in my state to use your cell phone while driving, or even sitting at a light.

OP
OP
RickLightning

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Also, the app is not nearly as useful since they shrunk the tiles. You used to be able to see the pressures in the tile with the app minimized.
I had no idea it was in the center stack also, probably saw that back in May when I got the truck, but never went back because it's in the center.

I think Ford should not spend time making the interfaces between vehicles different. It actually took someone effort to say "Let's remove Tire Pressure from the Lightning". What a waste of effort.

Whammy Bar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1971 F100 + 2022⚡Lariat ER
Occupation
Electrician
It's illegal in my state to use your cell phone while driving, or even sitting at a light.
Mine too.

But with the app, you can check your tire pressure while taking the Browns to the Superbowl, or while waiting in line at the bank, or while HR does the company mandated IT Security training.

Tfarrell73

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23Lightning Lariat ER in production, 17 GMC Sierra
I've only had my lariat er for 2 weeks. Tire pressure disappeared from the instrument cluster yesterday. Used it several times before. Never saw anything in the center console for Tire pressure. Ford pass is my only way to see it now.
Sponsored