• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Radio Exploding sonic boom then alien clicking static

Replika

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MR. PLOW - ER Lariat
Does this affect all sound system options in the Lightning?

Is the car driveable with the sound system fuse pulled?

I’m just shocked that A. You can suffer permanent hearing damage at any time from the truck’s sound system glitching, and B. Ford has done apparently nothing to fix it or even communicate with customers.
Sponsored

Replika

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MR. PLOW - ER Lariat
@Ford Motor Company

Can you provide more info on the cause and steps taken to remedy this?
I see a post by @Ford Motor Company from Sept. 19 in this thread, and several others in the F150 forum going back to early 2022 - but no info given whatsoever.

merek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER [6/20]
I had similar issues in my Subaru, I am willing to bet that it's a bad amplifier. You may be able to pull a fuse to stop the noise, at least I could in my Subaru.

It's a long story and happened a bunch of times (they ended up having to take the vehicle back), but sometimes it was so loud it felt like someone hit me, sometimes it was crackling and such similar to the video, sometimes it sounded like someone was faxing me stuff.

brewski

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L Platinum
Occupation
Yes
I had similar issues in my Subaru, I am willing to bet that it's a bad amplifier. You may be able to pull a fuse to stop the noise, at least I could in my Subaru.

It's a long story and happened a bunch of times (they ended up having to take the vehicle back), but sometimes it was so loud it felt like someone hit me, sometimes it was crackling and such similar to the video, sometimes it sounded like someone was faxing me stuff.
I'm thinking "due to Covid-19" build quality of many electronics has gone down hill.
I got a different vehicle fresh off the assembly line in March and have had to replace 2 very expensive electronic parts, and a another less expensive part (twice).

Sponsored

atsiLight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning
I just had this happen to my 2022 Lightning. About 5 seconds after leaving my driveway this loud static sound would not stop. Even after I turned off the truck and left for about minute it still continued. I eventually let it sit for about 20 minutes and when i came back the sound had stopped and works normally now. Car reeks of a burning plastic smell, I think some of the speakers are blown, will be taking into the dealer. My ears are still ringing.

Ford F-150 Lightning Radio Exploding sonic boom then alien clicking static sound

Replika

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MR. PLOW - ER Lariat
I just had this happen to my 2022 Lightning. About 5 seconds after leaving my driveway this loud static sound would not stop. Even after I turned off the truck and left for about minute it still continued. I eventually let it sit for about 20 minutes and when i came back the sound had stopped and works normally now. Car reeks of a burning plastic smell, I think some of the speakers are blown, will be taking into the dealer. My ears are still ringing.
I am so sorry to hear this. I would refuse to drive a vehicle with the B&O Unleashed system. It’s unsafe.

data003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Computer Nerd
I am so sorry to hear this. I would refuse to drive a vehicle with the B&O Unleashed system. It’s unsafe.
It’s definitely time to push one of the major sites to pick this up and run an article about it. Ford’s lack of response here is nuts.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Why Ford is waiting and so quiet on this matter is baffling. There are going to be some expensive lawsuits Ford is going to have to payout. The longer they wait the more it will cost them.

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
I guess I should keep some hearing protection in the car… sigh…

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150

sound.jpg
Hi there. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this for you.

Replika

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MR. PLOW - ER Lariat
Hi there. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this for you.
Can you please, please, please provide some information about this? It's been a known issue for 9 months and causes debilitating PERMANENT HEARING LOSS.

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
I would think Ford could pass the recall costs on to B&O?

4Reeley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat
This isn't exactly the same as the other recordings of this issue but my B&O rear started popping yesterday. First I noticed the sub randomly firing as soon as my CarPlay connected (sounded like someone punching the back seat) but then the rear speakers both started popping. Issue was persistent on AM/FM as well as CarPlay and lasted for my full 30 mile commute. The sub continued firing randomly with the popping, although it is difficult to pick up on the video. Issue resolved itself after a start cycle. 2022 Lariat ER. 8K miles. Nothing was to the scope of impacting my hearing but I did have earplugs conveniently located in my truck for work that I used, just to be safe.

Of course, it's random at this point so I won't take it in to the dealer just to be told they can't replicate the issue.

Yes... It's the Cranberries, don't judge! Volume is set to 1.
Sponsored