• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

alexose

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 C-Max, 1999 F150
If you're like me, you'll agree that a stock F150 Lightning has too way too many audible warnings. This thread catalogs the different methods I've used to turn them off, sorted by overall annoyingness. Hopefully it's useful to someone!

Note that many of these noises are federally mandated, and/or genuinely important for safety. Please use good judgement when modifying your vehicle.

Things I've done:
  • Disable frunk beep. This requires unplugging the frunk speaker. www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdWVnZ5vNgM
  • Disable backup beeper. This also disables the low-speed pedestrian noise, so please be careful with this one. These noises are federally mandated, and you will be ridin' dirty without them. You'll need to install the megaohm speaker delete kit: https://www.megaohmmotorsports.com/product/ford-psbk-ece
  • Disable key-in chime. FORSCAN Code IPC 720-02-01 xx*x xxxx xx-- (subtract 8 from current value (if E change to 6))
  • Disable triple chime on vehicle startup. FORSCAN Code IPC 720-01-02 xxxx x2xx
  • Disable door ajar chime. FORSCAN Code IPC 720-01-02 xx0x xxxx
  • Disable seatbelt chimes. This can be done via a series of button presses and seatbelt clicks. Again, please do not ride dirty. See here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcMErUaI3Cg
  • Disable "check rear seats" warning. This can be done via the touchscreen: Settings > Vehicle > Rear Occupant Alert
  • BONUS: IPC quick boot. This disables the annoying (albeit inaudible) Ford advertisement that takes over your screen when the vehicle boots. IPC 720-07-01 xxxx xxxx 2xxx

Things I haven't done, but are theoretically possible:
  • Disable double honk if you get out of the truck while it's running and bring your key with you. Mine actually never did this so I didn't bother with it. FORSCAN Code BCM 726-41-02 xxx0 xxxx xxxx
  • Disable parking sensors. This can be done via the touchscreen, although it is a useful tool depending on where you park. One of the few dings that I left on.
  • Disable power liftgate chime. I don't have a power liftgate, so I skipped it.

Things I still haven't figured out how to do:
  • Disable "Rear sensor blocked" chime (yes, I know when my liftgate is down, Ford!).
  • Disable "No key detected" chime
  • Disable chime on lane keeping cancellation.
  • Disable "transmission is not in park" chime when you open the door without having shifted into park.
  • Disable animation on power down.

I'll update this post as I find solutions to the above noises, or if I discover other chimes that need to be silenced. Again, I hope this is useful to someone-- None of this is new information, but maybe I've saved you some time by not having to search for it.
Sponsored

Last edited:

VAF84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Consultant
I call my Lightning, Ma Lightning, because I've never been more nagged at by a vehicle in my entire life; and I've had all types.

I'd pay top dollar to get adaptive cruise off my tail about "keep hands on wheel". BTW my hand is on the wheel; just that Ford wants you to shake your wheel every 15 seconds. Almost not worth using it on non-blue cruise supported highway's.

Gaunle

First Name
Sanjeev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
IT
If you're like me, you'll agree that a stock F150 Lightning has too way too many audible warnings. This thread catalogs the different methods I've used to turn them off, sorted by overall annoyingness. Hopefully it's useful to someone!

Note that many of these noises are federally mandated, and/or genuinely important for safety. Please use good judgement when modifying your vehicle.

Things I've done:
  • Disable frunk beep. This requires unplugging the frunk speaker. www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdWVnZ5vNgM
  • Disable backup beeper. This also disables the low-speed pedestrian noise, so please be careful with this one. These noises are federally mandated, and you will be ridin' dirty without them. You'll need to install the megaohm speaker delete kit: https://www.megaohmmotorsports.com/product/ford-psbk-ece
  • Disable key-in chime. FORSCAN Code IPC 720-02-01 xx*x xxxx xx-- (subtract 8 from current value (if E change to 6))
  • Disable triple chime on vehicle startup. FORSCAN Code IPC 720-01-02 xxxx x2xx
  • Disable door ajar chime. FORSCAN Code IPC 720-01-02 xx0x xxxx
  • Disable seatbelt chimes. This can be done via a series of button presses and seatbelt clicks. Again, please do not ride dirty. See here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcMErUaI3Cg
  • Disable "check rear seats" warning. This can be done via the touchscreen: Settings > Vehicle > Rear Occupant Alert
  • BONUS: IPC quick boot. This disables the annoying (albeit inaudible) Ford advertisement that takes over your screen when the vehicle boots. IPC 720-07-01 xxxx xxxx 2xxx

Things I haven't done, but are theoretically possible:
  • Disable double honk if you get out of the truck while it's running and bring your key with you. Mine actually never did this so I didn't bother with it. FORSCAN Code BCM 726-41-02 xxx0 xxxx xxxx
  • Disable parking sensors. This can be done via the touchscreen, although it is a useful tool depending on where you park. One of the few dings that I left on.
  • Disable power liftgate chime. I don't have a power liftgate, so I skipped it.

Things I still haven't figured out how to do:
  • Disable "Rear sensor blocked" chime (yes, I know when my liftgate is down, Ford!).
  • Disable "No key detected" chime
  • Disable chime on lane keeping cancellation.
  • Disable "transmission is not in park" chime when you open the door without having shifted into park.
  • Disable animation on power down.

I'll update this post as I find solutions to the above noises, or if I discover other chimes that need to be silenced. Again, I hope this is useful to someone-- None of this is new information, but maybe I've saved you some time by not having to search for it.
Thanks for the detailed instructions. How did you get around the error message that pops up every time you start the truck once you have your backup beeper disabled using the Megaohm resistor?

OP
OP
alexose

alexose

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 C-Max, 1999 F150
Thanks for the detailed instructions. How did you get around the error message that pops up every time you start the truck once you have your backup beeper disabled using the Megaohm resistor?
I haven't noticed an error with the Megaohm kit. Curious, what is the specific error you're getting?

Sponsored

Gaunle

First Name
Sanjeev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
IT
I haven't noticed an error with the Megaohm kit. Curious, what is the specific error you're getting?
This is the popup I get on every startups post installation of the Megaohm kit for backup beeper.

Ford F-150 Lightning Disabling F-150 Lightning's Beeps, Dings, Chimes, Honks, Bings, Bongs, and Dongs IMG_20240128_135949

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
Disable seatbelt chimes. can be done via Forscan, as well...

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Owner
Disable Auto Doorlocking. can be done via Forscan.

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Owner
Disable frunk beep. I removed my speaker module easily since I had to remove the front valance and front bumper cover to rewire while adding my new LANE CENTERING radar module and harness...

OP
OP
alexose

alexose

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 C-Max, 1999 F150
This is the popup I get on every startups post installation of the Megaohm kit for backup beeper.

IMG_20240128_135949.jpg
The point of the megaohm kit is specifically to avoid this error, methinks. I'd definitely contact them and ask for a replacement.

Sponsored

ZSC100

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning SR EG 311A
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
The point of the megaohm kit is specifically to avoid this error, methinks. I'd definitely contact them and ask for a replacement.
This is probably corrosion in the connector or the plug has slipped out a bit. A Ford Injector will fit in the connector and solve this issue way cheaper.

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
Leaving with the key while the vehicle is running (Double Horn Honk) can also be deadened via the center screen in Vehicle Settings.

Last edited:

rio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Chevy Volt, 2023 F150 Lightning Pro
Great info - thanks! There's definitely a few of those that I want to get rid of.

Which one is the "key-in" chime?

I've been back and forth about the backup beeper. It use to make me very self-conscious at first but now I don't even notice it - and I think it's a good idea to warn pedestrians that a 6,000 pound thing is coming their way. However, I wish I could disable it in certain scenarios (like pulling into a campsite).

Danface

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT
I call my Lightning, Ma Lightning, because I've never been more nagged at by a vehicle in my entire life; and I've had all types.

I'd pay top dollar to get adaptive cruise off my tail about "keep hands on wheel". BTW my hand is on the wheel; just that Ford wants you to shake your wheel every 15 seconds. Almost not worth using it on non-blue cruise supported highway's.

Could be worse: https://www.webcommand.net/index.php/2017/07/26/talking-cars-80s/

Always remember: "A door is ajar"

OP
OP
alexose

alexose

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 C-Max, 1999 F150
Great info - thanks! There's definitely a few of those that I want to get rid of.

Which one is the "key-in" chime?

I've been back and forth about the backup beeper. It use to make me very self-conscious at first but now I don't even notice it - and I think it's a good idea to warn pedestrians that a 6,000 pound thing is coming their way. However, I wish I could disable it in certain scenarios (like pulling into a campsite).
The "key-in" chime is the triple-chime ("doo doo doo") that you hear when then doors are closed and you press the start button.

Yeah, I hear you on the backup beeper. It was a no-brainer for me due to where I park (basically right next to my neighbor's bedroom window), but I can imagine people opting to leave it on as well. It'll probably become more commonplace over the years as more and more vehicles have this "feature".
Sponsored