• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

CUL8ER

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat
Well at least there is a pattern for me. When I updated to Bluecruise the DSM update wiped out my running board settings. Set back 744-23-02 and boards worked but kick switch did not. Latest DSM update wiped the settings again. So

744-23-0201xxxxxxxx
sez I have running boards... now working again. Then I found

744-23-01xxxxxx01xx--
and it sez kick switch is present. Kickswitch works properly now that this bit is set.

Not sure why some trucks get the running board config reset upon a DSM update and some do not. But that is clearly the case. I suspect Ford will be replacing a number of kick switches and maybe even running boards as the dealers do more and more Bluecruise updates.... since their techs don't have access to Forscan spreadsheets, @Jesse-Infotainment , @Livnitup , etc and this invaluable forum.
Glad to hear you got them working again properly!

RellIk&5

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Black Widow
Is everyone with an 8” cluster and no 360 cams still stuck on 244?

Sponsored

TJSparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT (302A) RockyRidge K2
Is everyone with an 8” cluster and no 360 cams still stuck on 244?
It seems that way. I am as well. Not sure if were stuck or if it’s due to trim level of the truck.

ogor6037

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 xlt 302a
Ok i know this was probably asked trillion times but where do i start now ??first time doing this should I go from the top or is there a specific order thanks in advance

Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS IMG20220416123902

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
Eng
Ok i know this was probably asked trillion times but where do i start now ??first time doing this should I go from the top or is there a specific order thanks in advance
GWY --> APIM --> IPMA --> IPC

The rest are kind of stand alone.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
started from the bottom now we're here. thanks for everything guys.
20220416_083158.jpg
You are the latest example of why dealership techs are a fail. You had to be far more tenacious than the average tech, who is already outside their wheelhouse using FDRS, would be.

And you also are the perfect example of yet another caveat. Didn't you have to use a second pc?

Anyways, congrats. You are going to get there. It won't necessarily be smooth sailing all the way to the end, but you likely accomplished the toughest update of them all. :)

Sponsored

"Steve"

First Name
"Steve"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
You are the latest example of why dealership techs are a fail. You had to be far more tenacious than the average tech, who is already outside their wheelhouse using FDRS, would be.

And you also are the perfect example of yet another caveat. Didn't you have to use a second pc?

Anyways, congrats. You are going to get there. It won't necessarily be smooth sailing all the way to the end, but you likely accomplished the toughest update of them all. :)
yeah, had to bring my desktop outside. could just be my dinosaur laptop...? but yeah, at least there is some progress. i'll take it. hearing the horror stories of dealers not knowing what they are doing, yeah...i'll just do it muh damnself.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
hmm. gwm update #2.
20220416_105209.jpg
Communication errors usually had me shutting down the truck, shutting down FDRS, and then starting truck (koeo) and waiting a couple of minutes before running a fresh scan.

Or put another way, after any fresh Key-on/Engine-off event, I pause before a scan. Give the truck a chance to finish all the network handshakes before interrupting the network.

"Steve"

First Name
"Steve"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
alright, i tried that, but i'll give her a 30 min nap and restart everything. saw at some point in this thread someone had a phantom GWM update? where it would show in the list, but there wasn't actually an update? same thing about not communicating with VCM? i'll see if the nap helps.

and i know the Sync/APIM has many updates i'll have to do to be caught up...is that the same case with GWM? will i update a new GWM for every APIM? i did APIM -> GWM -> TCU -> and then it gave me another APIM and made me install it next...and now GWM is in the list again. 2 APIM updates got me up to 21281_product, rev. 244.

"Steve"

First Name
"Steve"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
me again, one more question....sorry if it's been covered. now that i am out of frozen purgatory....can all of these updates OTA themselves moving forward? or are some of them going to be mongoose or dealer only? i might buy a year license. ive done a handful of updates and the list hasnt gone down. ? still looks like 16 to go. again, thanks for all the helpful replies so far peeps.
Sponsored