• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

FordConvert

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB 502A
Occupation
Builder
Quick question. Are the licenses the same for FDRS and FJDS? I bought the 30 day and assumed it was the same as there wasn't an option to get one specific for FDRS. When I try to put in the activation code in the FDRS software it fails and can't activate.

FJDS.png
The code is the same for each software, but only use FDRS. Did you also make an account on motorcraft? That’s how you log in.
Sponsored

MadLighting

First Name
STephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT Lighting
Anyone having issues with FDRS I added my license then it goes to a white screen saying login. and just sits there

I uses the software before on my 2022 Mach E . so i know how to use the software.. once I add the license and tell it to login with non-ford account it launches a white screen says login top right.. and does nothing

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
Anyone having issues with FDRS I added my license then it goes to a white screen saying login. and just sits there

I uses the software before on my 2022 Mach E . so i know how to use the software.. once I add the license and tell it to login with non-ford account it launches a white screen says login top right.. and does nothing
I have no problems....you've updated to the latest version I assume?

MadLighting

First Name
STephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT Lighting
There had and outtage I just tried again working perfectly

Carplay full screen looks awesome on the 12" screen

Sponsored

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
There had and outtage I just tried again working perfectly

Carplay full screen looks awesome on the 12" screen
I finally did end up experiencing the blank login page (for the last three days) and now this morning it's all back to normal again.

Mike

ytwytw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lighting ER Lariat
How can I connect the battery charger?
I saw the op said don't connect to the negative directly to the battery negative.
But I can't find where to connect the negative as the charger positive and negative cable can't be too far each other...

Does the jump post can be used for charging the 12v?

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
How can I connect the battery charger?
I saw the op said don't connect to the negative directly to the battery negative.
But I can't find where to connect the negative as the charger positive and negative cable can't be too far each other...

Does the jump post can be used for charging the 12v?
Yes.

That right panel comes off using the plastic turnlocks.
Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS Frunk_PL6100

Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS Lightning_Jump_Connections

Last edited:

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Looks like someone has turned some of the Police vehicle settings on with Forscan.

ChrisCon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Carbonized Grey Lightning Lariat ER
Where are you seeing this? Obviously the 15.5" screen but what menus did you get into?
Bezel Diagnostics. turn the radio to AM or FM press and hold volume down and arrow seek left at the same time and this iis in the APM management screen I think.. I'll find it when I get back home.

@GDN I don't have Forscan or FDRS which is why I'm asking here. I just found this and some other interesting stuff in the bezel diagnostics and figured I'd ask.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Bezel Diagnostics. turn the radio to AM or FM press and hold volume down and arrow seek left at the same time and this iis in the APM management screen I think.. I'll find it when I get back home.

@GDN I don't have Forscan or FDRS which is why I'm asking here. I just found this and some other interesting stuff in the bezel diagnostics and figured I'd ask.
Gotcha - so that makes sense if you are in diagnostics somewhere. All Ford trucks - ICE and the Lightning's have Police modes. I'm not sure what it takes to activate (I think Forscan will do it), but you are seeing some of the diagnostics that would go along with that. In Police mode you can get an all lights out mode, etc.

ytwytw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lighting ER Lariat
Gotcha - so that makes sense if you are in diagnostics somewhere. All Ford trucks - ICE and the Lightning's have Police modes. I'm not sure what it takes to activate (I think Forscan will do it), but you are seeing some of the diagnostics that would go along with that. In Police mode you can get an all lights out mode, etc.
The all lights out is an interesting feature.
It would be very useful when I need to run pro power on campground or at home.

Reactions: GDN

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
The all lights out is an interesting feature.
It would be very useful when I need to run pro power on campground or at home.
This is a huge miss on Ford's part already. Running Pro Power should not require the truck nor any lights to be on.
Sponsored